Lulu's Ludicrously Lacking Ramen Reviews - Episode 2: Fukuryu Ramen

Lulu Azhal
Wait, it’s been how long since I did the last review? Uh… woops…

Okay, fuck, we’re back though, so welcome to the long-awaited second episode of…

Lulu’s Ludicrously Lacking Ramen Reviews

Today, we’re reviewing Fukuryu Ramen, a restaurant with multiple locations here, and some story about being inspired by some southern Japanese ramen or something. I really don’t care about that shit, we’re here for food, not a backstory!

[Image: bttxbgfutrki0iwwivcc.jpg]

And here at the location, with nice outdoor seating that I won’t be using and…

[Image: pdkzgupp4vxwvkd5pngy.jpg]

Uh… You know what, I’ll just be back in a few hours

[Image: u3nw1gc6ozxqqwtswgfe.jpg]

Also, hi Ryu. Can’t have your ramen, it’s not Monday yet.

[Image: c55846704e695fa0c257a98cf7ac8cad.jpg]

[Image: zh6shvcgbte13fuwp6dr.jpg]

What a pretty tree… Oh heck, it’s time now, right, right. Wasn’t distracted or anything

[Image: mejr0wvaqiih7kf1im93.jpg]

I think I much prefer how bright this place looks compared to last episode, and it looks a lot cleaner too!

[Image: wpiwp6xgtjmnzz7s1b9d.jpg] [Image: heyej5crazml4pprflkv.jpg] [Image: brnbu1rslf9flxorrw85.jpg]

And, I really like the art and lights put up around the place, it’s really cute!

And most importantly… the chairs are like, actually good. I don’t even want to remember how they were last time… but this is so much better!

Ambience gets a very respectable score of 7/10. The chairs are good, but could still be comfier. And while I think the decorations are cute, it’s a little minimal. It seems like they value their window view a lot too, which, it was nice getting sunlight, but the view sure was…

[Image: e0m7xwnykgnghmpywwmy.jpg]

It could be better, at least…

The waitstaff were very nice too, both the guy at the register and the people taking the food to my table were nice and quick. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a way to watch the chefs work, I really liked that from last place.

[Image: le0wd4cormvzrdgjcfhc.jpg]

And, this happy hour shit. Good shit, good shit. Honestly, this alone puts the service to a 9/10. More restaurants should do this.

Now, for the most important part…

[Image: bc08uohtorfjvwwglwva.jpg]

I went with a shoyu ramen, from the happy hour menu. And I’ll be honest… this is actually my first time having this particular kind fo ramen too, woops.

[Image: uuyjnrziqbyrmngys9is.jpg]

I mentioned before that I prefer thicker noodles, and while this holds, I think this works with the thinner broth quite well.

And the broth, I didn’t expect it to taste so good. There isn’t as much, like, burst of flavor as a tonkatsu, but it was still super tasty. I also didn’t feel like I was gonna burst at the seams like I usually do when getting ramen. This was filling but not overbearing, and the thin noodles complimented that.

[Image: dxt5s0wsvnbwzgjzgo6o.jpg] [Image: wre8qiiido5hm1ynzi11.jpg]

In fact, I even finished the broth. Usually I feel too full to drink it. I even ate a rice bowl and edamame and in the end, I just felt satisfied, not too full.

All in all, 8/10 for the taste. It was pretty great, even if I still prefer more flavorful broths.

And, finally, the price.

[Image: iw8wrpebdw1kt3dbckuz.jpg]

I actually paid already at the register, and then got my food delivered, and I much prefer knowing what I’m paying, and paying before getting my food, honestly. Also, $8 dollars for the bowl is so much nicer than the $15 from last time. 8/10 on price, I’d say.

I think I’ve found my standard to compare all future places. This was such a nice experience for such a low price, pretty much no notes.

I will be giving Fukuryu Ramen a score of

8/10

This Ramen Review was sponsored by our generous sponsor, @Morgan. Thank you very much.
Draku
Oh hey, this actually seems like a very respectable place. It does seem like their prices are kinda high normally but the happy hour slashing at least helps out there a lot. That plus the "monday-thursday" timed exclusive dish makes this place seem kinda weird to me in that you'd never want to go unless it was the right time, but still very neat if you drop in at said timing. I guess it's easier to plan everything around people only showing up when they intend for them to?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]