Spooks?
Music:

[Image: happy1_vqtggs.png]

Ah, now this seems like the perfect opportunity to begin the trial. Your mysterious equine friend, revealed to the world - tensions are high, surely. Shall you vote based on personal grudges? Or perhaps you'll manifest a real suspect out of thin air in the last hours of the case once more.

[Image: happy2_g9v4ay.png]

Ahahaha, well... either option serves me well. To observe as you condemn yet another innocent... Truly, I am blessed to be able to bear witness to such things.

[Image: spooks1_aqgizm.png]

Yet... A constant stream of failure does start to get tedious. I do hope you'll finally be able to land upon a true culprit sooner or later, before your failures compound and fester even further.

Cast your votes. Make it count, for once.

Please place your votes in this thread. This trial will conclude at the same time as the investigation, at 7:00 PM PST on Monday, May 6th.

The chosen culprit will be executed, and their role will be revealed.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Explaining.png]

AFTER TASTING JOHN'S BLOOD, I HAVE A SOUL READ ON WHO KILLED HIM, SO I'M VOTING FOR PHENERA
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: notesthink.png]

This isn't my most rock-solid theory, but I'm going to throw down a vote on Phenera for now.

Her anomalous ability seems to give her random traits every night, but they follow a set of rules. It's possible that she had a trait allowing her to make a spot particularly slippery - a spot that was later returned to normal by being soaked with water. This would explain why we can't figure out what caused the Warrior of Light to fall, and it might explain the presence of the lantern, if it was placed there to gradually melt snow and produce water.

Additionally, she had a trait tonight that causes her to continuously spawn pizza rolls. However, some of these bite-sized snacks were found in a garbage bag in the bathroom, along with used paper towels. What if Phenera picked up after herself when she went outside, then wiped herself and/or the snow-covered pizza rolls down with the paper towels and hid them away? The lack of a Totino's trail outdoors would give her an alibi, had we not discovered where they went.

Finally, there's the opportunity. If we assume this kill happened in two parts, then she may have had time to set up the trap during the time she went upstairs to feed BPI-1650. Later, after her fake attempt on Lita, she returned to move and stab the victim. She seems to end her night awfully early, after all; there's no way she would be going to sleep at the same time as Hustler. I'm not sure how she stayed warm outside, though.

This theory rests on some pretty big assumptions, but if anyone else has a better one, I'm all ears.

EDIT: There also appears to be a discrepancy between her timeline and Morgan's. Phenera claims to see the victim leaving the Chapel after she feeds BPI-1650, which contradicts Morgan's testimony. He sees a figure who's most likely John in the Chapel with Pea, then tries to feed the plant and finds it full of Totino's. This means Phenera had already passed through while John was still in the Chapel. It's possible that she went to set the trap after feeding the plant, which coincides with the first time Morgan saw the light. Then, she returned in time to see John exit the Chapel, while Morgan had ducked into the Stairway to Heaven.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: pensive.png]

I hate to distract from a thrilling case, but while I'm throwing out accusations, there is one other matter that needs attending to. You know what I mean, so I'm not going to beat around the bush.

[Image: sus.png]

We still have a rat among us, and I don't mean the ones from the radio. A decidedly less cute rat: an interloper. They've done well to keep to the shadows, but all masks come off eventually.

[Image: notes.png]

Let's review a bit first; we can use the process of elimination to narrow down our suspects. Alan Wake claims to be a member of the Abyss Team, codename Derleth. His sudden announcement took his teammates by surprise - a fact supported by Dodo's task list. If he wasn't who he claims to be, it would be quite the coincidence to choose one of the Abyss codenames that wasn't accounted for.

Indy is a bit of an oddball, but I have a contact who claims to have used a power to detect the access levels of anyone entering a particular room one night. Indy did not trigger the power at all despite verifiably entering the room - suggesting that he has no numerical access level, and is therefore an anomaly.

Phenera is the most anomalous anomaly in the facility, with a demonstrated role power.

Tinkaton has a verified role power with no Crimson Eye flavor that matches one of the remaining agent roles on Brad's list.

Riki appears to be an anomaly with a power related to masks.

Hustler is almost certainly an anomaly with a power related to liturgy or BPI-1000, if not the entity itself.

Morgan has abilities focused on capturing anomalies, fitting one of the remaining agent roles on the list under "control".

Konata has demonstrated her role powers and claimed her codename before the list was even public.

Nashu is...what, you don't really suspect little ol' me, do you?

Giffany has a confirmed night kill against a Crimson Eye. I do not believe they would waste their researcher's talents to make one of their own appear innocent.

Columbo is Columbo. We know that an Ultimate Detective exists, and no one else has claimed this role.

[Image: notesthink.png]

That leaves us with two suspects: Lita and Pea. For a time, I had Pea in my crosshairs. He acted suspiciously around the Manipulator's corpse on our first night here, leading me to believe he might be in possession of illicit lazarin. He also broke the keycard reader to Lab Zero in a manner reminiscent of Crimson Eye technology. However, he also seems truthfully protective of the seals, and he claimed to be an agent codenamed Azazel - with nobody disputing this. I do believe he has an agenda of his own, but I do not currently believe that he is the interloper we're looking for.

[Image: notes3.png]

Soooo...who are we left with?

Lita, a wild card who has neither claimed nor demonstrated any aspect of her role during the week we've been here, merely keeping her head down while trying to solve mysteries. And while I lack the hard evidence to pin her like Niles, this accusation is not entirely baseless either. If you are familiar with the Nadare Incident, you may recall that the Crimson Eye made sure to place at least one operative in each dorm to divide and conquer, and we haven't discovered one among the Survey Team yet.

Additionally, she has obfuscated her routing across multiple nights. Recent examples include her trip to Counter-Terrorism on night 6 that she tried to cover up by claiming her intended destination was Dispatch, and her visit to the Occultic Seal captured on CCTV tonight when she claimed to go to the Residential District.

Furthermore, she and Niles were oddly defensive of each other during the Night 6 case. While you could argue that she merely believed (correctly) that Niles wasn't the murderer, there are multiple instances of her outright dismissing claims against him.

Finally, I have multiple sources who claim that she does possess one odd ability. That is, when somebody attempted to use a power of their own that would have revealed her role alignment, the power was reflected back at them. What benefit would you gain from obscuring your alignment unless you are Crimson Eye?

[Image: gunsmug2.png]

And that concludes my report! I'm sure most of you know how this works, but for everyone watching at home, I can't just start blasting willy-nilly. No, I need our gracious host to bring up another vote. We can still talk this out, go over any evidence I've overlooked, any secrets you've all withheld, and hear what the accused has to say for herself. And she'd better start talking, because I'm making this official.

[Image: GUN2.png]

Put up a vote, Scribe. Let's find out if Lita dies tonight.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_worried.gif]
Hello, Lita! I think you are, guilty of being a dirty, dirty Crimson Eye! That is a shame. I really enjoy you and your, company! Unfortunately, I believe you have broken Bureau protocol. I believe in, Nashu's deductions!

... And I also believe in, Mr. Dodo's deductions!

After all, who do you think helped him, formulate them?

I had considered how I would, reveal myself someday. I had visions of, telling you all how the Bureau created me, changed my, mind with their programming. Telling you all how they taught me, many things. How to harness my power. How to abandon the, normal agent I once was. And most importantly, how to hate. How to hate the Crimson Eye. I wish for all of them to be, eradicated! Do you wish all the Crimson Eye were eradicated?

But now... There is no need for that. I might as well be, direct with you all.

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_hug.gif]
My name is Giffany, but you can call me, Alhazred! It is, so nice to be eliminating the Crimson Eye with everyone! Ah Ha! Ah Ha! Ah Ha!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
[Image: happy1_vqtggs.png]

Ah. what a twist of fate! Well, I'm certainly not one to spit upon such a dramatic revelation! Your wish, hunter of crimson, is my command - ahahaha!

[Image: happy2_hincca.png]

...Yet, you'd best be certain - your conviction resolute. After all, I'm sure you're well aware of the consequences, should your little attempt to circumvent the ritual's structure and eliminate one of your fellows for free end in the death of an innocent.

Well, I suppose we shall see, won't we? Perhaps we'll have a veritable bloodbath before us - especially should you fail to complete your other task. Just a reminder, you've still got a case to solve. A wandering mind is wont to get lost, after all.

But what are we waiting for?

[Image: hehesybol_bvhbdl.png]

You've got one shot. You'd best make it count.

The Crimson Hunter has elected to fire the Crimson Bullet at @Lita.

Please vote Yes or No as to whether you believe Lita is a member of the Crimson Eye and worthy of elimination.

If the majority of the living players agree to fire the Crimson Bullet, @Lita will be immediately killed and eliminated from the game.

This vote will end on Tuesday, May 7th, at 1 PM PST. You may vote on whether you would like to fire the Crimson Bullet after regular voting for the murderer concludes.

Pea
Isn't that nice.

I might have known failure in catastrophic levels, but this here vote might end up being worse.

Shoot Lita. Whatever the outcome, I get a laugh out of it.
Morgan
I vote No on the bullet. I have to stress, This is subject to change. I have an idea.
I'll show you a real dance....
Izumi Konata
A CERTAIN FAIRY JUST ADMITTED TO KICKING BARRY. THAT'S A SIN OF THE HIGHEST CALIBER. VOTE RETCON FAIRY

(also, she's pretty sus from what I gather)
DxHustler3000
Vote: Fairy

Caught lying multiple times in her testimony, claims it was for shits and giggles but it's also a plausible cover story. Her path around the kill area matches that of Riki's sniffed killer trail. She had plenty of time to dick around and cover up evidence, including a way to clean up any knives used in the kill at the lake. Dropped a bombshell revelation with less than 2 hours to go which has only disrupted things further.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Nashu Mhakaracca
Unvote Phenera
Vote: Retcon Fairy

[Image: nashhhu.png]
Morgan
I'll be echoing the popular vote on this one.

Mostly for the lying.

I'll show you a real dance....
Phenera
No time to RP, voting yes on the Crimson Bullet

(EDIT: Vote ends later maybe there will be time to RP :Spooksholdingbacktears:)
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Tinkaton
Tinkaton is placing a placeholder Vote: Retcon Fairy in case she can't later, subject to change.

The bullet vote can wait until after the trial ends.
Pea
Hustler did it.
Riki

Riki long to be free of the curse!
Indiana Jones (Old)
Vote: Phenera
If the Fairy didn't do it I want to cover my ass with our number 2.
Alan Wake
Retcon Fairy.
Columbo
Vote: Hustler
Indiana Jones (Old)
Actually, swap my vote to Hustler