Items/Inventory: What would you like to see?!

Spritanium
Before too long, MW will have a brand new items system. Items are similar to badges, but they're collected via random events, and some of them provide special effects. There will also be a "free market" shop where you can put any item up for sale with a price of your choosing. It will be a lot of fun to see how certain items are valued within the community.

There will be three types of items (subject to change):
  • Potions
    Consumable items you can use to affect the status of your account/posts.
  • Gear
    Wearable items which add a special flair to your postbit.
  • Knick-Knacks
    Items with varied (or no) usable effects, to be displayed on your profile in a new "Inventory" section

The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm Item ideas. Have you found yourself wishing for a way to boost a certain stat? Can you think of a fun ability, hat, trinket, or weird MFGG callback that would be worth including? Sound off here.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Proxy - React to your own post
Aidan
horse weiner
Elyk
horse weiner should be an item that just takes up a slot and does nothing but after a week you can gift it to a friend so they can enjoy having a horse weiner block up their slot for a week too
kaZaam
make it have a 1/10 chance of nutting all over ur post. god a couple of those in circulation would be apocalyptic
Beako
I got an item idea: Imposter Professor Oak.

[Image: uccgdF8.jpg]

Make a post "as" another user, except the post is obviously not a real post of theirs. Perhaps it has their username in quotes and a little icon of Imposter Professor Oak next to it.

Or maybe you can just post with whatever username you want (including another user's username) but the avatar is automatically Imposter Professor Oak and the member group shows the username of the person who used the item instead of "member." Or some other way of indicating who used the item. (Unless you think it's better to make it so just mods and admins can see who did it. IDK.)

Could be funny if you're wanting to make a post you think another person would make. Just warn/ban people if they abuse it and make too rude of an impersonation I guess. (New Minus World is pretty cozy though so I don't foresee that happening.) All this is flexible; everyone: please feel free to improve on my item idea if you almost like it.
Yrrzy
horse weiner should replace good shit and you give the horse weiner a rub instead of giving good shit and if you give 5 it autocasts a white version of oops on the post
Agastya
now just pretend its white and we're in business

e: i mean you can just nuke it too that's fine i didn't want to contribute quality content anyway.............................................
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yrrzy
(Nov 8, 2016 at 5:21 PM)Agastya Wrote: now just pretend its white and we're in business

e: i mean you can just nuke it too that's fine i didn't want to contribute quality content anyway.............................................

wow i didnt realise clearing it for myself clears it for everyone

thats lame
Spritanium
The affected user can wipe the spill up permanently, all other users can only wipe it temporarily

(although there's also a bug where if there are more than 1 Whoops on a page only the first one will be wipe-able)
Agastya
you wipe up a lot of it at one time, the brush is pretty large

makes drawing on it difficult
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
(Nov 4, 2016 at 10:50 PM)Puddin Wrote: I got an item idea: Imposter Professor Oak.

[Image: uccgdF8.jpg]
I always wondered why they picked such a scary guy to be the impostor Oak. He has a battle scar and everything. I don't think anyone's falling for it
Spritanium
(Nov 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM)Agastya Wrote: you wipe up a lot of it at one time, the brush is pretty large

I would like the brush to be smaller, since I really wanted it to be a meticulous effort to clean it entirely. If everyone is okay with this then I'll decrease the brush radius when I implement the color picker
Agastya
i'd be cool with it, like if you really need to you can just uncover the parts of your post with text and leave the rest of it inky (or bloody)

if it gets too annoying the cost can always just be bumped up to make it more of a POWER PLAY
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
(Nov 8, 2016 at 6:04 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Nov 8, 2016 at 6:02 PM)Agastya Wrote: you wipe up a lot of it at one time, the brush is pretty large

I would like the brush to be smaller, since I really wanted it to be a meticulous effort to clean it entirely. If everyone is okay with this then I'll decrease the brush radius when I implement the color picker
id be cool with it, a lot of people have complained about whoops previously but i dont really get why outside of the bugs
[Image: s2n7oi.png]

Thread Tags

suggestion items