The man is moving
63.64%
The room is moving
36.36%
Total: 11 vote(s)

is the man moving or is the room moving

God
[Image: tumblr_inline_oer9i0MVFG1s7kzul_500.gif]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
Mind Blown
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shroomguy
Looks like the man is moving to me.

Though I hope that's not a controversial statement...
The Beef Baron
God
my argument for the Room is Moving is that we can clearly see that the flag moves with the wind, EVEN THOUGH THE ROOM IS INDOORS WITH NO VISIBLE WIND SOURCE, but the clothes on the man clearly don't move at all.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
(Nov 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: my argument for the Room is Moving is that we can clearly see that the flag moves with the wind, EVEN THOUGH THE ROOM IS INDOORS WITH NO VISIBLE WIND SOURCE, but the clothes on the man clearly don't move at all.

idk it looks more like someone jostled the flag a couple secs ago
maybe the man stood up, bumped the flag w/his head, had a little stretch then sat back down
Yrrzy
the camera staying still makes me think the man is moving, but idk if the camera is counted as part of the room
Yoshin
technically speaking it depends on what perspective we're at, which is the room's. So the man is moving
Aidan
(Nov 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM)Yoshin Wrote: technically speaking it depends on what perspective we're at, which is the room's. So the man is moving

That's bullshit dude either the man is moving or he isn't don't bring this relativity shit into it
Pea
the man is moving because he is doing the going to sit animation
God
i think the camera should be considered a distinct perspective to the room. the room is too big to be a single perspecrive
Draku
[Image: p8E4EZo.gif]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
i don't think we can use the camera as a valid orientation because we have no evidence that it is fixed. there is nothing to suggest that the camera must be affected by the rooms movement. indeed, in the vast majority of video games, camera positions are floating points and are unaffected by the world changing around them (they just tend to follow the main character). think about spectator cameras in FPS games.
God
there is, of course, the third option, which perhaps should be included in the poll; both the man and the room are moving
Yrrzy
it's impossible to determine anything as being static without a reference point so I'd say yea both are moving by some interpretation
DrTapeworm
the man isn't moving, the tiny wheels attached to him are
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
i liek the prominent cartesian ideology here implying that the man is moving based purely on his own intent to sit and not that the universe is accommodating his wish to sit by enabling it at all and has adjusted accordingly in ways the man can never understand

realtalk though i'd say it's neither really. the chair object is pulling the man towards itself cus it's embarrassed by bethesda's terrible engine and doesn't want the guy to experience it firsthand and fall on his ass
Mario
[deleted]
GRIMglamfire
huh videogame sure are weird
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Beako
Probably some SM64-esque bullshit where the man never moves and it's just the entire environment around him is what's always moving like what was explained in the video where the Super Mario 64 hacker with astrophysicist-level intelligence was responding to TJ "Henry" Yoshi or whatever.

PS: I'm probably full of shit. I don't understand 3D game physics.