are svg smilies future-proofing for 4k or something

kaZaam
cause they look fuckin weird unless i zoom my browser way in
kaZaam
some of em look ok. it's just the little deets like the eyes dont look right sometimes
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
They look great to me
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
thats pretty cool but idk if much would be lost just using the reg ones. the pixelization just makes big ones look funnier
kaZaam
this format in general doesnt seem very 768p friendly. guess thats my problem
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
[Image: 65tfMxX.png]like it looks blind or something
kaZaam
but i guess thats cool in its own way
kaZaam
w8 i do have it zoomed out a ways or two, forgot i did that. but like jfc i can fit like 1 1/2 posts max on screen
T-man
(May 23, 2016 at 4:46 AM)McPhresh Wrote: [Image: 65tfMxX.png]like it looks blind or something
That's weird. I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe we could allow you to choose between sprites and svgs
kaZaam
if itd be annoying i can just deal w it.
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
They're meant to be 25x25px, so anything under than that can't be guaranteed

But I'd like to use the SVG ones since I just spent like 3 days making them lol
Spritanium
And yeah they do look exponentially better on a high DPI device, but on my laptop (1366x768 god help me) they look nearly identical to the pixel versions
Spritanium
(May 23, 2016 at 5:00 AM)McPhresh Wrote: w8 i do have it zoomed out a ways or two, forgot i did that. but like jfc i can fit like 1 1/2 posts max on screen

Also posts here are only slightly taller than posts on the old MW

You're just suffering the side effects of the world's shittiest (and somehow most popular) screen resolution, luckily DPI is going up, so to answer your original question, yeah this is definitely a future-proofing method
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
well fuck. my monitor's prob just too big for it's res

whatev it's cool
kaZaam
gonna missl the pixls tho
Draku
(May 23, 2016 at 6:19 AM)McPhresh Wrote: well fuck. my monitor's prob just too big for it's res

whatev it's cool
you may have a lower res than you should for your monitor, try changing it around
[Image: s2n7oi.png]