should we have public notes on the finer points of mechanics on spells, rally etc.

God
afaik there isn't anywhere to see exactly how certain XP mechanics function. we have the patch notes but they always aren't clear and it's kinda confusing to see what the change actually is since they don't mention the previous iteration, nor is there a master record. i was envisioning something like this (i've filled in information i don't know with question marks):

GREAT SH*T [Image: sweet.svg]
  • Cost: 100 EXP
    • Sweet cost: ? EXP
    • Salty cost: ? EXP
    • Pizza Cost: ? EXP
  • Replace this post’s Good Sh*t button with a GREAT Sh*t button which awards 6 EXP per click.
    • Great Sh*t affects Good Sh*ts already on the post
    • If a player clicks the Great Sh*t button but unclicks it afterwards, ?
    • If a player casts Great Sh*t but uncasts it after another player has clicked the Great Sh*t, ?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
My plan for the strategy guide is to combine it with the rules + other resources and then divide it into several pages (EXP/Rally, Spells, Rulebook, Badge Guide, etc). We could definitely have a more detailed look at how certain aspects work.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Sounds like a great idea.
Mario
[deleted]
MetagameBot
yeah, i think we should try to remove silly min/max issues like having to remember to cast Great Sh*t before clicking the Great Sh*t button in order to give the target the most EXP. also deters people from casting Great Sh*t if the post already has a load of Good Sh*t on it already. if it's currently non-retroactive (i was led to believe otherwise), its current iteration is pretty counterintuitive to what the spell actually aims to achieve.

EDIT: oops wrong account lmao
Spritanium
Great Sh*t actually is retroactive now, at least it should be. It also never expires so that's a non-issue
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Nov 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM)wtl Wrote: ah ok, so the notification says the knockback you get + the retroactive exp then? I was a little confused by it but it makes sense
Yeah this should be how it works. Great Sh*t actually works differently from any other spell; I think it's the only one which runs extra PHP upon being cast

EDIT: oh wait actually I'm pretty sure the notification will just show the knockback, and the retroactive exp will just be added unceremoniously
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Yeah I actually think knockback is affected by the caster's rally. This is a bug but it's also an interesting mechanic lol
Mario
[deleted]