Newcomer to this forum (Introduction Topic)

StrikeForcer
While I am aware that some of you may have heard of me from MFGG, SMWC, and SMBX communities, I come here as a new member.

Things to note about myself:
- I am a spriter/level designer (uses SMBX, LM, GM8.0 (using GME8 for Mysterious Islandz and Mario: The Dark World - two fangames I want to give a highly personalized touch with my own graphical resources)). Graphics I specialize in tilesets and bgs to a lesser extent. Character spriting though is a weakness for me.
- Primarily interested in Mario hacks and Mario fangame platformers, especially hard ones (but also fair to the player).
- Also interested in learning programming languages (C++, Java, since I am receiving formalized instructions from a university I attend)
- I watch anime (infrequently).
- Works I was involved in prior to joining - Super Mario World: All-Star Attack (team fangame project lead by Cam and Mikeystar, was a level designer/minor spriter), any of Gatete's (DeeY's) projects after Super Mario Kingdom but before A Plumber's Journey, Super Mario Bros Odyssey (level designer), Devious Four Chronicles (Series of SMW hacks by two friends of mine, I am a beta-tester for the series, current focus for me)
- Knew about this forum for a long time, just now decided to join because MFGG is figuratively dead (no new competitions and events run by the userbase that shake up the complacency of what they have and no progress on HylianDev's planned MFGG3. SMWC atm is everything MFGG could have been) and where the activity is atm.

See you around.
Elyk
Welcome.

Are you a first year university student? How much have you learned so far? (I'm just interested in how others learn programming.)
AWFADragNaut
Welcome to minus! Enjoy your stay!
rtsmarty
have fun
Yoshin
Welcome to Minus World!
Spritanium
Welcome!

We're creating our own activity by listening to the players and trying to make this site as good as it can be. Hopefully you'll stick around and make some suggestions of your own.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
yo

hopefully the fact that we're not actually all that mario focused despite spawning from mfgg doesn't bother you too much. we do have an arts and crafts board where creative content goes however, so feel free to post anything you make there!
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Welcome to Minus World, prepare yourself for some Good Sh*t
DrTapeworm
welcome to the salty spitoon how tough are ya
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Shroomguy
Welcome to wootown dude enjoy your stay
Beako
Welcome aboard! Hooray