So Canada looks pretty nice right about now

Yoshin
Oh we're fucked up here anyway, a lack of NAFTA will be the nail in our economic coffin
T-man
I think trying to find a definitive answer on where to place blame is a fruitless endeavor. There are so many culminating factors in the results of this election that blaming it on the evil black-hearted bigots and calling it a day is irresponsible and disingenuous. This really was a clusterfuck for everyone involved. Right out the gate, democrats demonized Trump and his supporters; calling them every 'ist' in the book. And because it's under liberal control the media rode that narrative hard until it was limp and chapped, which greatly skewed opinion and exit polls in favor of Hillary as social desirability bias was in full effect. Because of this, democrats thought they could just kick up their feet because the media told them they had it in the bag.
Yrrzy
(Nov 9, 2016 at 11:57 PM)T-man Wrote: Because of this, democrats thought they could just kick up their feet because the media told them they had it in the bag.

literally identical situation to brexit tbh
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
Canada is full of great people and is a great place to live, i wouldnt mind moving up there

but you guys made degrassi. and that's worse than trump. so no
DrTapeworm
i like how a bunch of my internet friends are considering that there's a strong possibility that they'll be victims of hate crimes within the coming months and by "like" i mean Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Pea
so when's the bargaining part of grief happening
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
(Nov 10, 2016 at 1:01 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: What an extreme leap, all that's happened so far is Clinton supporters sending Trump supporters death threats.

here's a small selection of the kind of shit going down all over america
kaZaam
i feel like trump supporters would be acting out even more if hillary won
Yrrzy
there'd be tantrums sure but now they think half the country agrees with them
kaZaam
if trump's going to be as much of a social/economic catastrophe as the accelerationists are projecting, in the long run people like that are only going to be disempowered

or maybe not oops
Aidan
(Nov 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM)Kazaam Wrote: if trump's going to be as much of a social/economic catastrophe as the accelerationists are projecting, in the long run people like that are only going to be disempowered

or maybe not oops

yeah there's always way less racism and crime when people have no money and are scared
kaZaam
well yeah, if these people are really only acting out like this because of trump. hopefully they'll shift that anger Somewhere Else when shit hits the fan
kaZaam
and ur basically admitting that this is really all a product of capitalism which i agree with and thats p much what i'm getting at here
kaZaam
and people have been scared af this whole time. trump's presence at all is a symptom of that
God
yeah it's not like the world Suddenly Got Worse because Trump Is President; it was always this bad. Otherwise, Trump wouldn't have even got in power in the first place. Trump's victory wasn't the result of some weird fluke or anomaly, the conditions for his victory have been here for a long time.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]

Thread Tags

canada election2016