is dangan ronpa worth 40 fucking dollars

I don't know man im pretty anime but shit.
Yrrzy
i read a letsplay of it tbh
Mario
[deleted]
Fun With Despair
get the PC version
alrighty; thanks for the input brothers.
Pea
yeah get the pc version and also wait for v3 to get ported to pc
Fun With Despair
(Nov 16, 2016 at 2:16 AM)Pea Wrote: yeah get the pc version and also wait for v3 to get ported to pc
>v3

>on PC

Grin
Pea
hey 1 and 2 got ported to pc and they said they'd totally get v3 on english which most likely means PC release
Aidan
(Nov 16, 2016 at 1:55 AM)Yrr Wrote: i read a letsplay of it tbh

this is probably the best way to do it, mostly to see 14 year old girls on tumblr having meltdowns and struggling to piece together $10 between updates
Two_Finger
yes, read
Pea
the LP from something awful was pretty good and it was great to see people get mad at the paywall
Fun With Despair
never got the appeal of reading these kinds of things.

ultimately, the music and graphics add too much for me, I'd prefer to just "get" the PC version anyday
Two_Finger
(Nov 16, 2016 at 4:17 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: I didn't know reading a let's play was a thing.

iirc it's the original form of lets plays
some written ones can be really good
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]
Yrrzy
yea as a text heavy game it was pretty much just direct text translation, with translator comments on references to japanese culture etc, and soundtrack/cutscenes were embedded
Elyk
I wouldn't say the first game is worth $40 by itself but 1+2 together are worth $40. I played the first on PSP and the second on Vita and enjoyed them on there. I don't know if the PC version has higher res art or anything that makes it worth purchasing over the Vita versions.
Aidan
(Nov 16, 2016 at 4:32 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: never got the appeal of reading these kinds of things.

ultimately, the music and graphics add too much for me, I'd prefer to just "get" the PC version anyday

well it's not straight text lol
screenshots, transcribed dialogue, occasionally links to music or cut scenes

http://lparchive.org/Dangan-Ronpa/
Elyk
doesn't it kind of ruin the experience of a murder mystery game if you're watching/reading somebody else play through and solve things?
Draku
(Nov 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM)Elyk Wrote: doesn't it kind of ruin the experience of a murder mystery game if you're watching/reading somebody else play through and solve things?
i haven't played dangman ronpaul but a lot of people don't really care about the actual solving shit part in narrative focused games
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Nov 16, 2016 at 11:50 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM)Elyk Wrote: doesn't it kind of ruin the experience of a murder mystery game if you're watching/reading somebody else play through and solve things?
i haven't played dangman ronpaul but a lot of people don't really care about the actual solving shit part in narrative focused games

and that's terrible.
Yrrzy

it wasnt full of translator reactions and guesses, it was just basically a translation