T-man
In an effort to consolidate the discussion taking place all over the forum, please discuss the metagame ITT.

This includes things such as the comings and goings of EXP, rally, and balancing the game for high level and low level players.
Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:08 PM)Draku Wrote: considering rally exists because it was meant to balance out high level players i'm both a little surprised yet not surprised at all to see the flip flopping about it now that people are levelling up thanks to it.

why don't we just have it where the rally cap starts out at like fuckin 10x for low lvs due to needing to bleed yourself dry to get that much at such a level but you could make mad gains with the proper plays, and high levels don't dip below 1x rally since that's apparently a sore point now but can only get up to like 1.5x-2x at most eventually

This would work well enough, but I don't think 10x is required. I got up to like level 5 solely by shitposting and spell slinging in like a day, before all the dumbass schemes started. If you make spell-worthy posts, you'll get exp thrown at you like a mad cunt. I don't know if it's as big of a deal to level to at least 5 as people think.

ALSO

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS NEW TOPIC IN PPP

PUT IT IN THE META FORUM MAN
Draku
well i was just gonna move the post here but posting times made that not work

Draku Wrote:considering rally exists because it was meant to balance out high level players i'm both a little surprised yet not surprised at all to see the flip flopping about it now that people are levelling up thanks to it.

why don't we just have it where the rally cap starts out at like fuckin 10x for low lvs due to needing to bleed yourself dry to get that much at such a level but you could make mad gains with the proper plays, and high levels don't dip below 1x rally since that's apparently a sore point now but can only get up to like 1.5x-2x at most eventually
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:08 PM)Draku Wrote: considering rally exists because it was meant to balance out high level players i'm both a little surprised yet not surprised at all to see the flip flopping about it now that people are levelling up thanks to it.

This would work well enough, but I don't think 10x is required. I got up to like level 5 solely by shitposting and spell slinging in like a day, before all the dumbass schemes started. If you make spell-worthy posts, you'll get exp thrown at you like a mad cunt. I don't know if it's as big of a deal to level to at least 5 as people think.

ALSO

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS NEW TOPIC IN PPP

PUT IT IN THE META FORUM MAN

No one goes to the Meta Forum, and it's likely to be more visible here.
Draku
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: This would work well enough, but I don't think 10x is required. I got up to like level 5 solely by shitposting and spell slinging in like a day
spell knockback not being affected by rally anymore is going to make levelling up a whole lot harder than it was, hence the high multipliers.

especially if we go by my other suggestion i really want to see where rally doesn't affect the amount of XP you get from simply making a post, but heavily weighs in on how much you get from good sh*ts, like 1.5x-2x as much rally as you currently have as the multiplier for each good sh*t
T-man
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: This would work well enough, but I don't think 10x is required. I got up to like level 5 solely by shitposting and spell slinging in like a day
spell knockback not being affected by rally anymore is going to make levelling up a whole lot harder than it was

I really think this was the only thing that needed immediate attention, beyond that I think everything is working pretty well.
Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM)Draku Wrote:
spell knockback not being affected by rally anymore is going to make levelling up a whole lot harder than it was, hence the high multipliers.

especially if we go by my other suggestion i really want to see where rally doesn't affect the amount of XP you get from simply making a post, but heavily weighs in on how much you get from good sh*ts, like 1.5x-2x as much rally as you currently have as the multiplier for each good sh*t

That last idea is definite gold and I think that solves a lot.

High multipliers for good sh*t actually encourages good posts over banal bullshit and actually lets high levels not get dicked over too.

Consider the high level man ™ sold.
Spritanium
A few things:

1. I think Oracular's idea of capping spell knockback to 100% of the cost is better than not applying rally at all.

2. Rally is decaying a bit fast but I definitely think it was too slow before. When I take a few hour break from MW I need to see that number decreased to make me want to get up and contribute.

3. High levels need to be able to have their rally go below 1, in fact this is one of the fundamental aspects of the idea if you ask me. Keep in mind that if these users don't become complacent with their spellcasting, they'll never have to worry about their rally getting too low However, we also need more perks to make high levels desirable. Right now they're literally pointless

4. This thread belongs in meta discussion moreso than any thread ever. I also think it should be renamed to "Metagame Parameters Discussion" or similar
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
I am not against high levels having Rally that goes below 1.

But even with spell slinging, with the current cap and decay rate, it becomes impossible to keep it long enough to actually gain any meaningful levels to balance the spell costs.
Spritanium
And ehh I don't really like the idea of the rally multiplier being anything other than your actual rally. It kind of makes knowing the number in the first place pointless. And it's bad enough that we have to disable/nerf rally on knockback exp (confusing considering rally is advertised as a multiplier on ALL incoming exp), disregarding it for new posts is just a way to say not all posts are equal, i.e. they only have value if other users rate them highly, which is an idea that i thought we were trying to change with this iteration of the site.
Fun With Despair
How about just making a good sh*t give more points then?

Ultimately they kind of suck as is, and it's easier to spam garbage than make good posts.
Spritanium
What if a new post only earned you 1exp base, but each Good Sh*t was worth 3 instead of 2?
Draku
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:32 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: How about just making a good sh*t give more points then?

Ultimately they kind of suck as is, and it's easier to spam garbage than make good posts.
im down with this

new post base XP down to 1, base good sh*t XP up to 3 or 4

edit: LOL
Spritanium
Or we can go really drastic, Good Sh*ts worth 4-5 exp each and reactions worth 0
Spritanium
Or reactions could be worth <0.5 even though exp is rounded, so you'd only gain exp from them if your Rally was 2 or higher
Draku
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:36 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Or we can go really drastic, Good Sh*ts worth 4-5 exp each and reactions worth 0
i personally like this cause some posts i would rather not be giving xp to but i feel a need to react

but considering that that is a Legitimate Playstyle i can not feed my own bias, reactions should stay worth something
Aidan
or if you get 100 good shits you get an instant level up
rtsmarty
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:26 PM)Spritanium Wrote: But even with spell slinging, with the current cap and decay rate, it becomes impossible to keep it long enough to actually gain any meaningful levels to balance the spell costs.
Maybe a different rally decay method. Right now we use exponential decay based on your level (I think?), but it seems that at higher levels this encourages hoarding EXP because it is difficult to regain any spent exp. Particularly when you cheat to get your EXP (Nyeh!). How about logarithmic decay based on the time since your last spell? So you have maybe 24 hours to use another spell before your rally drops to its minimum. And rally will drop faster and faster the longer you leave it.

Maybe a combination. Maybe the logarithmic decay when >1.0 and exponential for <1.0? Makes for a nice graph at least

[Image: SaVGQar.png]
Yrrzy
imo rally shouldnt decay so quick if u dont use spells often, cause the non-spell user playstyle got nerfed way too hard by it

i had >1.00x rally yesterday and its already back down to 0.76x
God
Here are my thoughts/notes on the meta. not all are complaints; some are just observations.
  • It doesn't feel good when you log in and you see that your Rally has dropped significantly if you cast Spells frequently.
  • If your Rally stays below 1 even though you cast a fair amount of Spells, it doesn't feel like it's worth casting Spells.
  • Currently, most players have a lot of EXP, and most players can easily cast any Spell that they want to.
  • Currently, Rally has little to no effect on the playstyle between low Level players and high Level players.
  • The Level of a player has no effect on Rally Decay.
  • Past decisions on balancing Rally have been made based on the fact that updates in Season 3 will have an effect on the playstyles of low Level players and high Level players.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED

Thread Tags

metagame