Draku
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: The Level of a player has no effect on Rally Decay.
it does
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
also as a Heel, reactions are my number 1 source of player-generated EXP, so making them give 0 EXP would be a crippling nerf.
God
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: The Level of a player has no effect on Rally Decay.
it does

it doesn't. the change is so tiny that it may as well not be there.
God
can we get statistics on this? i had a look before and thought that the change was infinitesimal. would be nice to have a comparison, and also a proper way of cross-referencing Rally parameters other than asking MotOG every time.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: can we get statistics on this? i had a look before and thought that the change was infinitesimal. would be nice to have a comparison, and also a proper way of cross-referencing Rally parameters other than asking MotOG every time.

If you want some solid numbers, I went to sleep at around 1 or 2 AM, with around 3.7x Rally iirc

Now, going off 2 AM, around 14.5 hours later, I'm at 0.40x.

it drops fast as shit at level 14 at least
God
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:22 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: can we get statistics on this? i had a look before and thought that the change was infinitesimal. would be nice to have a comparison, and also a proper way of cross-referencing Rally parameters other than asking MotOG every time.

If you want some solid numbers, I went to sleep at around 1 or 2 AM, with around 3.7x Rally iirc

Now, going off 2 AM, around 14.5 hours later, I'm at 0.40x.

it drops fast as shit at level 14 at least

yeah, it certainly isn't meant to work like that. even the base RD (i.e. when the Rally multiplier is 1) is meant to be very low, so anything below R1.00 should decay veeery slowly. It should take several days to decay from R1.00 to R0.40. RD should indeed be high at high Rallies, though.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
i can agree with this

we should have a different decay rate for sub-1x rally, that much is very clear
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
OK as a quick temp fix I've kept the current decay formula but with a divisor of 300 instead of 200. This should decrease hourly decay pretty significantly (perhaps not significantly enough) so let's try this for a day or two and see if we like it better.
Spritanium
The rally itself being used as a multiplier in the decay formula seems like it should prevent sub-1.00 rallies from decaying too fast anyway
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
how are u even meant to gain rally like i finally broke my no-spell rule to get up to 1.00 and it was back where i started the next day
Yrrzy
nah i fell for that once, never again
Yrrzy
i spent a couple hundred xp on spells and all the rally i gained was gone when i woke up idk what to tell u
Yrrzy
shit aint sustainable, i need another way to gain rally

like anti-decay or recay or smth
Agastya
(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: WHY THE FUCK IS THIS NEW TOPIC IN PPP

PUT IT IN THE META FORUM MAN

(Nov 17, 2016 at 9:14 PM)T-man Wrote: No one goes to the Meta Forum, and it's likely to be more visible here.

a meta play for the metagame thread

thats some good shit right there
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
rtsmarty
(Nov 17, 2016 at 11:08 PM)Yrr Wrote: imo rally shouldnt decay so quick if u dont use spells often, cause the non-spell user playstyle got nerfed way too hard by it

i had >1.00x rally yesterday and its already back down to 0.76x
But that's what rally's for in the first place. To encourage people to use spells and not to hoard exp.

When there are classes there will probably be a class which is suited to not using spells. I don't think classes is really beyond the concept stages right now so might be a while.
Agastya
rally is just old money players paying their taxes
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Shroomguy
Old Money Players should all just donate to me I'm a very responsible Former Administrator of Minus World.
Agastya
[Image: sWEXMdU.png]

oh hey i found the other exp i didn't get from that post earlier due to my rally, fuck yeah tax evasion
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yrrzy
(Nov 18, 2016 at 7:30 AM)rtsmarty Wrote: But that's what rally's for in the first place. To encourage people to use spells and not to hoard exp.

i am being discriminated against
Spritanium
The idea is that you can continue to hoard but it'll become more and more difficult
[Image: supercorrect.png]

Thread Tags

metagame