just came to the realization that really none of us are smart

it is literally all borrowed knowledge from textbooks, the internet, and media. we are not smart. we are literally just copy and paste brain mode. quit acting high and mighty idiots.
Shedinja
yip
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Pea
singularity
Spritanium
???

Yeah it's borrowed knowledge but a human had to create that knowledge in the first place.

One of the most beautiful things about humanity is our ability to keep records - it's what allows us to do pretty much everything we do. Imagine if the theory of relativity had to be rediscovered by every person wishing to study physics.

Also studying existing works is pretty much 50% of being intelligent; the other 50% is pondering said works and figuring out how to apply them to one's own life
[Image: supercorrect.png]
yeah but you had to read to find that out
Two_Finger
just like you had to learn how to speak
Beako
I feel there are several components that should be considered when one looks into what it means to be smart. While a lot of people default to IQ being the end-all-be-all when it comes to determining what makes a person smart LOL, the way I see it is that street smarts, creativity, wisdom, ambition, common sense, and yes, even the ability to easily memorize facts/history/words are all valuable pieces of the puzzle of defining what a smart person is. There's whole host of other important factors I've thought of while pondering this concept in the past, but those were the first ones that came rushing to mind as I was writing this post.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me whether a person is smart or dumb, and I do not subscribe to the philosophy (that I'm willing to bet many are only pretending to go by) that brains are more important than physical attractiveness. Instead, what I look for in relationship (whether it be platonic or romantic) are kindness, humility, and a good sense of humor. I'd much rather spend time around a poor, unattractive, not-smart, funny, humble, nice person than spend time around a wealthy, attractive, smart, stiff, conceited, cruel person. (Of course, I'd be lying if I said I'm blind to a person's physical appearance and smarts. But smarts are something that are a little difficult for me to measure since I'm not the shiniest pebble on the beach myself. Welp )

This post brought to you by Post-Fedora Yet Still Fedora Ltd.™
Yrrzy
speak for urselves im the smartest deer here
God
deary me
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
No; you're a copy cat. should've came up with it yourself if you were so fuckin smart.