Dracon
You think so? I know about Hanzo and absolutely agree with you, but travel time and rate of fire for every other projectile gun tends to nullify the benefits of bigger hitboxes. Torb shotgun might have larger pellet hitboxes but it's mag size and rate of fire, not to mention travel time, don't make it worth comparing to the superior Reaper shotguns imo.
God
oh,i'm not trying to suggest that torb's shotgun is in any way on par with reaper's. i'm just saying that the fact that projectiles have travel time is sort of counterbalanced by the fact that they have a large clipping box. for me, the clear advantage hellfire shotguns have over the rivet gun is not in any difference between hitscan/projectile mechanics, but in the drastically faster rate of fire.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man

spoopy new event
ApocHedgie
Diggin' the new update, the coop mode is fun if not a little bit lacking in depth, but for a little brawl thing it's fun to kick around in every now and then.

I need that Reaper skin, wasted about 12 bucks on boxes so far because I'm a bum who's impatient.
Dracon
(Oct 11, 2016 at 9:34 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: oh,i'm not trying to suggest that torb's shotgun is in any way on par with reaper's. i'm just saying that the fact that projectiles have travel time is sort of counterbalanced by the fact that they have a large clipping box. for me, the clear advantage hellfire shotguns have over the rivet gun is not in any difference between hitscan/projectile mechanics, but in the drastically faster rate of fire.
Hmm y'know, I wonder if you playing on PS4 is a factor. From what I've seen PC players are more jumpy in their movement (easier to keep your crosshair on someone while you're switching your strafes and jumping), are PS4 players also jumpy and as evasive? If they tend to favor one movement axis that'd make projectile aiming easier.

As for the halloween update, I'm real disappointed we didn't get Sombra alongside it but the cosmetics and the PvE gamemode are real good. I like how Rein narrates what happens as the match goes on.

...as an aside, does anyone think Widowmaker needs something more to remain viable vs. picking Hanzo? Most of my QP playtime is with Widow and I'm pretty good at it, but Hanzo tends to fare better at what Widow does. Her grapple is a passive for him. Her ult is an AoE ability for him. He doesn't have to reload. He deals a massive 450 damage with scatter arrow. If scatter is on cooldown, it's fairly easy to go for a headshot when attacked at close range. He has actual anti-tank capability. His ult shoots a huge cylinder of death with infinite penetration and range. He can jump corners with charged shots. He can even counter-snipe Widows if they're at a height advantage because of the arrows' hitboxes and arc going over the ledge, headshotting Widows before they can even get a visual on the Hanzo. The only thing Widow has going over Hanzo at the moment? Potentially instantaneous one-shots against everyone but tanks at mid-long range. The 0.33s to 0.5s scope in speed change recently was nice but maybe something like immunity to your own poison mines would be nice.
God
Quote:Hmm y'know, I wonder if you playing on PS4 is a factor. From what I've seen PC players are more jumpy in their movement (easier to keep your crosshair on someone while you're switching your strafes and jumping), are PS4 players also jumpy and as evasive? If they tend to favor one movement axis that'd make projectile aiming easier.

it is certainly possible to have a much higher accuracy on PC than PS4. still, that doesn't alter the fact that projectiles have much larger hit detection than hitscan weps, regardless of the platform. i'm not trying to say that hitscan is better or worse than projectile; there's just far too many variables to consider and they actually require totally different mechanical skills to fire correctly. you mentioned that an advantage of hitscan is in the travel time, i was just simply saying that as far as accuracy goes, that isn't really true for something like Torb vs. Reaper, because at such a close range, the rivet gun's travel time is invariably offset by the larger hit detection even if you fail to adjust properly for travel time. so for all intents and purposes, there shouldn't be any change in 'accuracy' at all.

yeah widow is more or less unplayable atm. here's a good video explaining why the recent buff isn't enough to save her.

"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
(Oct 13, 2016 at 8:54 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Got the Reaper skin in the free loot box yo, feels great man
I'm very envious.

I haven't gotten any Halloween skins yet. Sad
Tenebrae
As someone that plays a lot of Pharah, Widow can rot in a sack.

I like having aerial superiority. Widow interferes with my SafeSpace.
God
luckily widow probably has a lower pickrate than Torb in PS4 meta
God
http://www.amomentincrime.com
T-man
I've gotten Coldhardt and just got Dr. Junkenstien, I was so giddy after constant shit loot boxes I actually raised my arms and shouted "Yay!"

Now I feel like a huge dork.

I really want that Reaper skin though, anyone get anything good?
Tenebrae
I got Spooky Reaper from a box. I got Junkenstein for two payments of $9.99
T-man
I've got just about all the good Halloween skins but Reaper's. Hope I get it before the end of the event.
God
(Oct 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM)T-man Wrote: I've gotten Coldhardt and just got Dr. Junkenstien, I was so giddy after constant shit loot boxes I actually raised my arms and shouted "Yay!"

Rotten Jack
Oh shit, today's the last day to get the Halloween loot boxes.

Do I enslave humanity or grind for loot boxes? Fuck.
Draku
(Oct 31, 2016 at 6:34 AM)Rotten Jack Wrote: Oh shit, today's the last day to get the Halloween loot boxes.

Do I enslave humanity or grind for loot boxes? Fuck.
loot boxes
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Rotten Jack
Eh, I'll just use my mom's credit card on a 50 pack at 11:59 PM.
T-man
(Oct 31, 2016 at 6:40 AM)Rotten Jack Wrote: Eh, I'll just use my mom's credit card on a 50 pack at 11:59 PM.

truly you are worse than hitler
T-man
Just in case anyone missed the Spy

For real though, she looks pretty sweet.
God

>counter to reinhardt

>counter to zarya

she's the hero we need

Thread Tags

vidya