Fun With Despair
(Nov 16, 2016 at 11:53 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2016 at 11:23 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: overwatch has a bunch more guys than TF2 but half of them are shit boring and have no variation

I'll give you everything but this. I absolutely cannot agree with you there. You are objectively wrong in saying there is no variation between the characters. Absolutely none of them play the same, all have unique movesets and strategies to go along with them.

I didn't mean what you think I meant. The characters are distinct from each other obviously, but there is no variation within the characters themselves.

For example, two Demomen in TF2 could have entirely different playstyles and builds that do different things for their team. Two Hanzos or Junkrats have the same builds, weapons, and strategies because there is no character customization on TF2's level

Sorry for the mixup
Fun With Despair
Yeah, that kind of thing would be cool. Kind of clusterfucky with how many characters there are, but I can see how it might work. Give Junkrat some extra traps at a time if he specs into one thing, maybe a tankier tire if he puts points in another, or just basic stuff like that.

Still, they'd probably need to cut down on the amount of characters for it to not be confusing. Then again, I can't see anyone complaining if clowns like Hanzo got cut for more complex individuals.
Tenebrae
Two Demomen can have different builds. But there are nine classes.
Overwatch has 20something. So what the other Demoman might do (Demoknight) would be just placed onto, and probably exaggerated, another character. Semi-Reinhardt.

The heroes don't have variation within themselves, but between each other. Maybe widen your hero pool?
CHESHIRE ☯
(Nov 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I didn't mean what you think I meant. The characters are distinct from each other obviously, but there is no variation within the characters themselves.

For example, two Demomen in TF2 could have entirely different playstyles and builds that do different things for their team. Two Hanzos or Junkrats have the same builds, weapons, and strategies because there is no character customization on TF2's level

Sorry for the mixup

While I don't inherently disagree, it's important to take into account that the roster isn't only larger, they all categorize into classes and roles, and you aren't expected to play one character of that class if there's a better suited character.

For instance, In terms of SNIPER class you have 3 (Hanzo, Widowmaker, Ana) who all perform completely different in mechanics and in team dynamic as a whole. On the other hand, you have your 6 Defensive roles (Hanzo, Widowmaker, Mei, Junkrat, Torbjörn, and Junkrat) who all fall into the same general category of zone dominance and guarding.

If you feel like you want to play a Sniper, you would have the option of playing Hanzo, Widow, or Ana to give you completely different experiences. However, if you prefer to play the sniper defense game while kiting the area and being mobile, you would pick Hanzo, instead of the stationary perch-game of Widow or the backline support-perch game of Ana.
T-man
What do you know? I was wrong. All versions of Overwatch are on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/Blizzard-Entertai...01FUZ1BOS/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/overwatch-or...Id=4711101

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/overwatch-or...Id=4711215
T-man
@AWFADragNaut , see the above post fam
AWFADragNaut
(Nov 18, 2016 at 3:33 PM)T-man Wrote: @AWFADragNaut , see the above post fam

Goddamnit think I missed it, no more available for the PC version :( But thank you anyway! Checking battlenet now
Shroomguy
Took the plunge and got Overwatch for PC. I'm really diggin' it.

Stivmin#1497
T-man
(Nov 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Jesus Christ do you want every match to have this bitch.
Better than easily being the most situational character in the game.
I like Symettra and have a lot of fun playing her when she's useful in a scenario so I'm glad they've broadened her horizons.
T-man
[Image: symmetra_booty___overwatch_by_urbanator-da90xl1.png]
Two_Finger
(Nov 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: How many here have the PC version anyways? Maybe we should group up sometime and wreck sh*t?

I grabbed it on pc on the weekend but im no good
NumberTwo#11578
God
wouldnt be surprised if the shields Ult got a nerf, that's really the only thing about her kit that seems super strong. her photon shields are like whatever, just pick rein if that's what you want

also does anyone know if the PTR servers allowing Sombra to hack through shields is a bug?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man

i'm so fucking ready for a mei mrs. claus skin but i dont know if my dick is
Yrrzy
why is there snow in london this is unrealistic
T-man
(Dec 6, 2016 at 10:19 PM)Yrr Wrote: why is there snow in london this is unrealistic
and the middle east is a utopia

it's a work of fiction
T-man
(Dec 7, 2016 at 8:13 AM)SonicProject Wrote: do you think rein will get Santa Claus or will it be Roadhog

kinda hoping Roadhog because hilarity and GIGANTIC GUT

Datamining has revealed which characters are getting something in the update and Torbjorn seems to have been paid the most attention.
T-man
[Image: pUoo45i.png]
santabjorn and his three hos

the winter wonderland event is now live from 12/13 to 1/2
T-man
Tenebrae
Really enjoying the Sym rework.
Two_Finger
is it wrong that I enjoy the mei gamemode

Thread Tags

vidya