Endgame
Finished my playthrough of the latest DS3 dlc today.

+New enemy types were cool
+Environments were very pretty
+One solid and one hugely satisfying boss
+New equipment is nice
+PvP is fun

-Weakest lore out of any Souls dlc
-Paced weirdly
-Last area before last boss was weak
-Hugely satisfying boss was hugely satisfying because it was arguably way too long

Worth it because more Souls is almost always good, hopefully the second DLC really knocks it out of the park
Two_Finger
I haven't had a chance to play it yet
I had heard it was fairly short?
Endgame
(Nov 26, 2016 at 4:27 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: I haven't had a chance to play it yet
I had heard it was fairly short?
5.5 hours, two and a half were fighting the last boss because I suck, so yeah, shorter than most of the DS2 stuff. I enjoyed a lot of it, but if you're not big into PvP, might not be the best. I rarely do PvP, so the three matches I did in the arena are probably enough for me

Worth noting that walking around embered in the DLC is bound to get you invaded within minutes from what I've played, Darkmoons all over the place.
Pea
the DLC is pretty short, yeah but the fights are fucking great. i love the scenery and the enemies are either interesting or super tough. i wouldn't say that it's the weakest lore-wise (i'd give that to sunken king) cause there's some pretty neat hidden stuff out there.

the weapons are fun or funny, crow quill is useless but imagine smough jumping around like a ninja.

the arena is a great addition to the game, so at least there's that for the versus aficionados.

but for 15 bucks? eh.
Endgame
(Nov 26, 2016 at 6:57 PM)Pea Wrote: the DLC is pretty short, yeah but the fights are fucking great. i love the scenery and the enemies are either interesting or super tough. i wouldn't say that it's the weakest lore-wise (i'd give that to sunken king) cause there's some pretty neat hidden stuff out there.
eh, I mean Sunken King at least had ties to the main plot,
Spoiler:
Pea
?? ashes has ties to the main plot. even if it's small of a relation the side stories were well crafted and the enemies all had a past to discover on their own