T-man
So like, what's the scoop with Heaven, you know? It's called an "eternal paradise", but what constitutes a paradise is subjective.

Like, a lot of the stuff I enjoy could be considered sinful, so is Heaven like an eternal church service crossed with a retirement home? Is there no debauchery? Because that sounds like a fate worse than Hell.

What's your idea of Heaven, Minus World?
Mario
easy. Red, of course
Yrrzy
what if heaven and hell are the same place but its only "heaven" to people who obey all those rules anyway
Spritanium
For heaven to be heaven, it has to be a perfect, ideal sanctuary for everybody involved.

But for some people, their ideal sanctuary would exclude certain others. So how does that work? Do bigots just go to hell instead, leaving heaven free of judgement? Fair enough, but what if their bigotry is just caused by ignorance? Does that really make them evil?

Heaven either isn't real, sucks, or is totally different from anything we could comprehend. For me a perfect-sounding idea of heaven is everyone getting their own universe to make/do/think/feel whatever they want to, but then what about loved ones? You could make simulations of them but they'd all just be your creations, and that comes with a crushing realization that you're permanently alone, since anything you could create would just be a part of you Shrug
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shedinja
Idk man the existence of heaven is a scary thought cus that would mean that hell also exists
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Spritanium
There should be a hell, it's actually pretty depressing that so many people get to die happy after being terrible for their entire lives

It shouldn't be eternal though, that is bullshit. Your eligibility for heaven or hell should be reevaluated every few millennia, like renewing your drivers license
Draku
(Nov 28, 2016 at 6:16 PM)Spritanium Wrote: like renewing your drivers license
I thought you said it shouldn't be eternal
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
nobody Deserves eternal pleasure the same way nobody Deserves eternal torture. i dont think either would be particularly rewarding anyway

but yea think ive talked abt this before here but heaven/hell might as well be the same place
Spritanium
Yeah eternal bliss is pretty boring?

It's pretty sad but the only way to appreciate your situation is to be able to look at other people who are worse off. And to experience lows for yourself from time to time.
kaZaam
i mean hell prob could b a metaphor for earthly Lows but i dont rly understand what you mean in a fundamentalist sense. "atl youre not on fire forever" seems like a p pointless way to make someone feel better abt their life. tho i guess it is kinda Cosmic

like i said in the other thread, you'd prob reach some weird, self-immolation zen-esque state in hell w the complete absence of non-torture which defines torture itfp. inversely with heaven
kaZaam
but liek what makes the zen state meaningful is staying in-balance despite the duality of eberything. so the "zen" state in a place like heaven or hell you'd inevitably reach would prob just be numbingly boring
DrTapeworm
heaven = anywhere but this dumbass planet LOL
[Image: dinogunz.png]
CHESHIRE ☯
I always figured if Heaven and Hell exists, it takes the form you best perceive.

Like if I die, Heaven would be a serene pocket of warmth with a cabin in a rainy paradise, while Hell would probably just be the interior of the McDonalds in Center City Philadelphia.
Spritanium
That'd be pretty tame as far as hell goes
Draku
hey so what happens if a masochist goes to heaven?

wouldn't that suck for them

on the other side, if they went to hell they might even enjoy it

satan getting all pissed off trying to burn some fucker alive as they start their "OH YEAH HURT ME MORE" routine
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
ideal heaven would just be being a ghost

get to fuck with people all day and be spooky
Anonymous
masochist hell would be an eternity of denial