Mario
Members should be able to cast spells on their own posts.

with the following conditions:

- No knockback, but 75% cost
- No sweet spells

thank you and goodbuy
Aidan
y
Draku
that really removes the fun of it imo
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:47 AM)Draku Wrote: that really removes the fun of it imo

i don't think it'd be too common, you can already do this with a tag team anyway, i'd rather toss out the unnecessary red tape
T-man

this tbh

i really don't think it's necessary
T-man
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:52 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: if it costs 75% more I highly doubt you'll see it abused.

I took it to mean 75% of the original cost.

And that's not the problem, I think your posts only receiving spells from others makes it more meaningful.

Besides, items are coming and there will no doubt be ones that will allow you to apply your own effects to your posts.
Draku
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:52 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: if it costs 75% more I highly doubt you'll see it abused.
i read it as 75% the original cost so it would be -less-, if it was more maybe??? i don't know. i still think it messes with the spirit.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
details are negotiable anyway but yeah i meant 0.75* the cost
T-man
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:56 AM)Draku Wrote: i still think it messes with the spirit.

This is really the beginning and end of it for me as well.
Fun With Despair
Yeah sure let's just let everyone frame their own shit ass posts

that'll be GREAT once a gallery is implemented

how about no
Mario
wow its almost like you didnt read the first post in the thread
Fun With Despair
I legitimately forgot it was one

I forget half of which spells are which because almost all the pepperoni ones are objectively salty and half the sweet ones are disruptive bullshit like feelin fab
Fun With Despair
(Dec 1, 2016 at 2:12 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: I'm not sure how Feelin' Fab is disruptive unless you have a computer from the 90s and it chugs anytime it's on screen.
makes it a real fucking bitch to read long posts
Spritanium
Self casting has always seemed pretty cringey, maybe when they do it we can automatically add a Disgust reaction
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:50 AM)wtl64 Wrote:

i don't think it'd be too common, you can already do this with a tag team anyway, i'd rather toss out the unnecessary red tape

but tag teaming is one of the more nuanced aspects of MW mechanics, it would be a shame to lower the skill ceiling of tag teams in this way.

having said that, i do think there are certain spells that could benefit from this, and it could potentially be an interesting tek against spell heavy playstyles favoured by the likes of the IRC Cabal.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Fun With Despair
(Dec 1, 2016 at 7:17 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:50 AM)wtl64 Wrote:

but tag teaming is one of the more nuanced aspects of MW mechanics, it would be a shame to lower the skill ceiling of tag teams in this way.

having said that, i do think there are certain spells that could benefit from this, and it could potentially be an interesting tek against spell heavy playstyles favoured by the likes of the IRC Cabal.
If you weren't such a fuck you would know that IRC users rely almost solely on baiting people into casting spells on them, rendering self-casts useless

shame, really. Maybe one day you will understand the true success brought about through the magic of shit garbage posts
God
what the fuck are you talking about
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Beako
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:38 AM)wtl64 Wrote: Members should be able to cast spells on their own posts.

- No sweet spells

thank you and goodbuy

I agree with granting users the ability to cast spells on their own posts; however, I abstain from agreeing or disagreeing on the conditions you suggested. I will give my two cents on one thing though: if users are granted the ability to cast spells on their own posts but your "No sweet spells" condition isn't implemented, I bet anyone who ends casting them on their own posts (especially Frame That Sh☆t) would be the same type of person who puts Likes on their own social media posts. Grin Only throwing this out there because I think that could be an amusing forum dynamic, but I don't mind either way.
Spritanium
I still think self casting is cringey but I guess with no knockback and no sweet spells it could be okay
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
(Dec 1, 2016 at 11:02 PM)Puddin Wrote:
(Dec 1, 2016 at 12:38 AM)wtl64 Wrote: Members should be able to cast spells on their own posts.

- No sweet spells

thank you and goodbuy

I agree with granting users the ability to cast spells on their own posts; however, I abstain from agreeing or disagreeing on the conditions you suggested. I will give my two cents on one thing though: if users are granted the ability to cast spells on their own posts but your "No sweet spells" condition isn't implemented, I bet anyone who ends casting them on their own posts (especially Frame That Sh☆t) would be the same type of person who puts Likes on their own social media posts. Grin Only throwing this out there because I think that could be an amusing forum dynamic, but I don't mind either way.

i hit like on my own posts. whats the point of posting things you dont like yourself