ProtoTroid-13
Okay, let's see if it works this time...

Come one, come all! Come see my gallery of...Well, if I'm totally honest with myself, mediocrity. But they say that an artist's harshest critic is himself! Or something to that effect. Well, whatever the case, let's get this show on the road!
Starting with some Shantae styled sprites of one of my own characters...Two, actually, but still.
[Image: 23m4ugh.png]

[Image: dqhpd.png]

[Image: 2ryinw5.png]

[Image: 210cd4i.png]

I need to find a new image hosting site.

Sketches, Sprites, maybe some stories sprinkled in, you name it! It's all here! Eventually! Once I figure out how to shrink massive images, anyway.
kaZaam
the fuck you taam bout these are cool as heck. really like the thing w the fire hair
ProtoTroid-13
(Nov 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM)Kazaam Wrote: the fuck you taam bout these are cool as heck. really like the thing w the fire hair
Oh, the "mediocrity" thing? I was kind of operating on the assumption I'd be posting some of my sketches, which aren't that great personally. But then I realized how huge they are and decided against it until I figure out how to shrink them properly, or at least link to them. I guess I forgot to remove the mediocrity statement.
Spritanium
Great stuff Ultra Cool
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Two_Finger
cute
kaZaam
(Nov 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM)ProtoTroid-13 Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM)Kazaam Wrote: the fuck you taam bout these are cool as heck. really like the thing w the fire hair
Oh, the "mediocrity" thing? I was kind of operating on the assumption I'd be posting some of my sketches, which aren't that great personally. But then I realized how huge they are and decided against it until I figure out how to shrink them properly, or at least link to them. I guess I forgot to remove the mediocrity statement.

lol. good to know you respect your own stuff
ProtoTroid-13
So after some experimenting and messing around, I think I can post my sketches now.

Testing:
kaZaam
DAMN whos final form is that
ProtoTroid-13
Now that I've confirmed that I can post my sketches, let's move this along.

Warning, Large Images:

(Nov 21, 2016 at 1:41 AM)Kazaam Wrote: DAMN whos final form is that
What if I told you it's not a final form? That it's just plain what it always looks like?
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
This is an old image. I post it because it's relevant to the next several...

Spoiler:
The Oni girl who I made sprites of is named Nariko. This is her family.

Spoiler:
This is just a pair of monsters...
Two_Finger
cute
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
T-man
You've got dragons and shit down pat, but your humanoid characters could use a bit of work.

All in all you've got some great stuff here.
ProtoTroid-13
So I've drawn a couple of different monsters. I've drawn that crazy, twisted demonic dragon thing (though it's not actually a dragon, it just looks like one), and I've drawn those weird Imp things.
But then...:
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
Quick update on how things are going for me. I still don't have a new scanner, which is why I haven't been active. I did, however, get a new sketchbook and some soft-lead pencils, so I'm moving forward with my character designs. Also, my keyboard is acting up and won't register when I enter something like a question mark or a period. All instances in this post are from the on-screen keyboard.

Hopefully I'll have a new scanner soon and be able to post my recent sketches...
Spritanium
Good stuff! Hope you can get a new keyboard soon.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
I made this months ago as part of a project for one of my art classes. At the time I had Photoshop, but my subscription has since expired (that is, the free trial) and I haven't bothered to renew it.

But anyway, I finally ordered a new new scanner, it should arrive in a few days. Once I get it up I'll be able to scan my latest sketches and concepts. I'm quite proud of my newest ones, actually.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
I got a new scanner! So now I can scan and post my new sketches and ideas, ha ha!

This is the dragon I drew earlier, revisited. Even though he's based on Eastern Dragons, I felt for the sake of my own designs, I'd give these dragons a bit more of a defined torso, while still maintaining a serpentine appearance. I think I did pretty well.

More sketches to come, now that I can actually scan them again.
ProtoTroid-13
I'm BACK!
New Sketches!:
So I've been going through a bit of an art block, when suddenly BOOM, inspiration! So here I have a few new sketches, including Nariko's final(ish) design! And a chibi Nariko, too.

Oh, and her story has a proper name now.

KISHIN SPIRIT
Nariko of the Heavens

More to come, eventually.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
And I'm back, with a brand new sketch, and a new plan!

For the rest of this month, maybe longer, I'll be drawing and posting a new sketch every day! Complete with world/story building details, like the one up there.

There's plenty more to come, so stay tuned!