Poxni
So I've been playing copious amounts of Team Fortress 2 lately, and for the most part I think it's an awesome game. Really addicting, really fun. However, it's not perfect, so I thought I'd post what I think should be added/taken out and see if anyone else who's been playing agrees. So, for each class:

Scout: While the scout is good, I think they should have kept the old submachine gun instead of giving him that slow scatter gun. That being said, the scatter gun can be deadly in the right hands.

Soldier: I actually think soldiers can be a little imba sometimes, but their rocket jump kinda sucks now. It's hard to do, and you take quite a bit of damage from it (unless you're really good).

Pyro: These guys really need some buffing up. They're too fragile to do the role they're supposed to, which requires being like 5 ft away from your enemy. They need to give the pyro's flamethrower a LOT more range, maybe double what it is now. Also having them be invulnerable to flames would make sense, but isn't necessary.

Demoman: Pretty solid all around, no major complaints with these guys.

Heavy: Oh man, they need so much more ammo. They could easily use 300 to 350 rounds, 200 just isn't enough.

Engineer: Pretty imbalanced if you ask me. Sentry guns have way too much firepower, even at first level. Dispensers should give metal more slowly as well, otherwise you can just make a dispenser and you get a free level 3 sentry gun almost instantly. Their shotgun, while not all that great, could be taken away; they could probably do fine with just their pistol since they get their one hit killing spanners, which are cheap.

Medic: Although I haven't played them much, they seem pretty fine as far as balance goes. Syringe gun is funny.

Sniper: Again, I don't have much experience with these dudes, but they seem pretty good. Some kind of sensor to tell you when people are near you might be nice for them, since they are just spy bait.

Spy: This is the class I play most, by far. While I like them, they can be frustrating sometimes since friendly fire is almost always disabled, making it easy to pick out spies on your team by just shooting everyone you see. Their knife, while being a 1 hit kill from the back, is complete garbage from any other angle, and making it a little better might be a nice change, since the knife is what at least I use most of the time. Another idea I had was to make it so you could stab out of cloaking, but this would make it a little overpowered. Maybe make it so you can't stab out of disguise, and you move slower cloaked, or something. I dunno, they just seem to be lacking in certain situations. Then again, it's probably just personal bias. Still tons of fun to play as.

So what do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Despite these flaws it's totally worth it to buy the Orange Box for this.
Poxni
http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/ ok but real talk IT'S HAPPENING
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Draku
$ 9 . 9 9

[Image: iiBOFuF.png]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
TF2 is saved
Yrrzy
(Jul 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM)Draku Wrote: $ 9 . 9 9

$9.99 to bypass needing mobile auth.
Premium users with mobile auth get access free.
Poxni
(Jul 6, 2016 at 5:32 PM)Yrr Wrote:
(Jul 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM)Draku Wrote: $ 9 . 9 9

$9.99 to bypass needing mobile auth.
Premium users with mobile auth get access free.
I think the big problem with it is that it's an INTRODUCTORY fee but considering it's an F2P game, really...
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Yrrzy
Its really a required system to keep hackers and griefers out of MM, TF2 being F2P means anyone banned or put on cooldown can just make a new accout for free and get back to playing immediately.

With this they need to either pay money or attach their identity to their account, both discouraging them from coming back again and again from bans.
Pea
at least they added good 6s maps
Yrrzy
i knew about sunshine in advance and wasnt allowed to say :))
T-man
is tf2 still a brony meetup simulator?
Spritanium
I haven't played TF2 in like 5 years

I can only imagine what's changed
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
(Jul 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM)T-man Wrote: is tf2 still a brony meetup simulator?
it was on some shitty pubs but pubs are being replaced by actual casual matchmaking now~

(Jul 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I haven't played TF2 in like 5 years

I can only imagine what's changed
oh man, SO much
Spritanium
Isn't there somewhat of an issue with the fact that you can buy a game, then try to play the same game years later and it's changed completely?

Seems like there should be some kind of legacy program or something in situations like this? Or heaven forbid, a third game?
Yrrzy
potentially

most of the changes* have been for the better tho, so there's little interest in legacy versions beyond pure stock (and even pure stock isn't enjoyed so much because of a lot of the unlocks have been hugely beneficial to the game)

*beyond the purely cosmetic ones
Spritanium
Yeah I'm sure the changes are mostly for the better, but damn 9 years is long enough to keep adding new features to a game

When do I actually get to see a source 2 game? Does valve even exist anymore lol
Yrrzy
was The Lab not Source 2?

(and does updating 3 major games constantly not count as existing)
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Jul 6, 2016 at 9:25 PM)wtl Wrote: The 3 Box

[Image: dm2uHHg.jpg]
kaZaam
why is valve wasting their time not devving hl3 when they could be making something cool like counter-portal
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]