>the discord cabal wants to cripple the dupe feature because of the way i use it

Beako

Two_Finger
I don't really see the problem with this. something being nerfed right after being implemented because of uses that were't preemptively dealt with happens all the time
Spritanium
I don't think puddin is hurting anyone, if we don't like his dupes we should let him know through community feedback rather than additional rules
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
Yeah kinda like we could have just asked him not to use delete button in place of the edit button instead of making a rule for it lol

I think we need to learn to communicate better! :)
Shroomguy
Split the forum.

It's the only solution.
The Beef Baron
Pedigree
Okay, everybody but Mason and his dupes in this forum. Mason, go have all the dupes you want in Mason World.
Agastya
i'm pretty sure that's called a "zoo"
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Beako
This epick social cues garbage is so fucking dumb. No I will NOT stop doing something harmless until they make a rule against it.

People like you guys are why there are dumb laws on the books in certain states like "a citizen may not annoy a lizard at a public park."

The deletion discretion rule WAS necessary or I would've kept doing it but the obvious better solution would've been to make it so posts with no replies after them didn't get the edit icon.

Things you don't like aren't going to vanish. You can keep trying to bury them under new rules, ~social cues~ (aka being a dick to people who think for themselves instead of joining the hive mind), threats (such as DimJim threatening to sic /cow/ on me in the IRC Grin or FunWithDespair threatening to ban me from guest starring in the podcast GrinGrin) but the only actual solution for things you don't like is to stop being pussies and realize that rules, shaming, and intimidation, will NEVER silence those ideas. And I myself will never be silenced.

Rules can silence certain types of my behavior but they can never stamp out my actual personality, until you ban me. If that's what you're going for, do it faggots, but I never intended to ever upset, offend, or annoy anyone, and I never intended to break any of the rules.
Draku
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:32 AM)Puddin Wrote: People like you guys are why there are dumb laws on the books in certain states like "a citizen may not annoy a lizard at a public park."
who the fuck leaked rules 1.8
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
A Giant Loser With Dumb Opinions
Other than the slurs and opposition to authority, excellent post Puddin.
(OOC: Gimmick account. None of the opinions I post from this account are my own (besides the dupe's username and this sig disclaimer) and I only post opinions from this dupe that I think are incredibly dumb and/or untrue.)
Pedigree
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:32 AM)Puddin Wrote: This epick social cues garbage is so fucking dumb. No I will NOT stop doing something harmless until they make a rule against it.

People like you guys are why there are dumb laws on the books in certain states like "a citizen may not annoy a lizard at a public park."

The deletion discretion rule WAS necessary or I would've kept doing it but the obvious better solution would've been to make it so posts with no replies after them didn't get the edit icon.

Things you don't like aren't going to vanish. You can keep trying to bury them under new rules, ~social cues~ (aka being a dick to people who think for themselves instead of joining the hive mind), threats (such as DimJim threatening to sic /cow/ on me in the IRC Grin or FunWithDespair threatening to ban me from guest starring in the podcast GrinGrin) but the only actual solution for things you don't like is to stop being pussies and realize that rules, shaming, and intimidation, will NEVER silence those ideas. And I myself will never be silenced.

Rules can silence certain types of my behavior but they can never stamp out my actual personality, until you ban me. If that's what you're going for, do it faggots, but I never intended to ever upset, offend, or annoy anyone, and I never intended to break any of the rules.
Nobody was saying people should be a dick to you.

Do you have a problem with people communicating their concerns to you?

If we have to create a rule every time you do something that breaks something or annoys people, that may eventually earn us a world record for longest forum rules.
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:41 AM)Pedigree Wrote: If we have to create a rule every time you do something that breaks something or annoys people, that may eventually earn us a world record for longest forum rules.

If you have to create a rule every time I do something that annoys people, I don't want to be a part of this forum. I'm not going to change my personality to appease others. The point is that not all my behavior needs to be mandated. I'm not a child.

The irony of that is, it's more childish of the staff to try to impose arbitrary limits on random things I do than it is childish of me to happen to accidentally do things that are so annoying that the staff decide to impose said limits.
Agastya
what the fuck did i miss while i was asleep anyway
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:45 AM)Agastya Wrote: what the fuck did i miss while i was asleep anyway

When dupes got officially implemented I created the maximum amount of dupes, and now people are so angry at the way I used them that they want to change the rules or ~provide me with constructive feedback~ (aka try to shame me into submission.)
Beako
This whole mentality of ~first we'll ask you nicely and if you don't comply we'll make it into a rule~ is ridiculous, by the way. If it's a matter of choice, then ask. If it's a matter of something that needs a new rule, then add a new rule. Don't pussyfoot around.
Agastya
idgi

if you want to roleplay with yourself then who fucking cares you're having a good time online on our message board that is also a game

i guarantee you that nobody would have batted an eye at somebody else doing the same thing
Agastya
i fucking hate everybody involved forcing me to be the voice of reason again

bastards
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pedigree
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:42 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:41 AM)Pedigree Wrote: If we have to create a rule every time you do something that breaks something or annoys people, that may eventually earn us a world record for longest forum rules.

If you have to create a rule every time I do something that annoys people, I don't want to be a part of this forum. I'm not going to change my personality to appease others. The point is that not all my behavior needs to be mandated. I'm not a child.

The irony of that is, it's more childish of the staff to try to impose arbitrary limits on random things I do than it is childish of me to happen to accidentally do things that are so annoying that the staff decide to impose said limits.
FTR the deletion thing was because the staff sees all of your deleted posts. So every time you deleted instead of edited on multiple occasions, they had to surf through potentially hundreds of mason posts to read the thread

The dupe thing is members getting annoyed about stuff, and I personally don't agree with it.

My point is that you saying you would rather leave the forum than exist on a forum that created a bunch of rules because you refused to change a behavior until they made it a rule is silly. You leave no room for discussion you're just like "nope, fuck off".
Pedigree
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:49 AM)Agastya Wrote: idgi

if you want to roleplay with yourself then who fucking cares you're having a good time online on our message board that is also a game
I don't disagree, I personally don't see the harm.
Quote:i guarantee you that nobody would have batted an eye at somebody else doing the same thing
I mean that's a great assumption, but uhh, nobody else did it. It really grinds my gears when people try to say this and have no data to back it up.
Agastya
it is a heavily baseless claim but i'm going off past behavior where most everyone loves to overreact to puddin
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦