Yoshin
Somewhere on your profile there should be a link or dropdown of all the usernames you've went by.
Draku
that would be good. if we could have it be a mix of manual (so people may add past usernames and nicknames others have given them) as well as automatic (for future name changes) it would be ideal
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Let's just add another tab to user profiles for past usernames, nicknames, and child/dupe accounts
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
fucker5
Wait are you able to change your username manually here now?
Draku
(May 13, 2016 at 11:51 PM)toddel streeb Wrote: Wait are you able to change your username manually here now?
i flipped the permissions switch for the username changing panel in the user CP for regular members

if we have an automatic name log in the full launch of the proper forum it'll be fine

though if someone happens to change their username too often to the point of it being confusing and abusive of the feature it may become necessary to make a group without the permission available
Mario
[deleted]
Yoshin
I like that idea
Draku
(May 14, 2016 at 12:53 AM)wtl Wrote: we could always do a cooldown. 3 changes in 90 days or something
this would be fine, however that isn't an option by default so it'll need some tinkering
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(May 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM)wtl Wrote: yeah i'd say just leave it on for now and if there's issues we can modify stuff. but in general we should suggest whatever we think works without regard for what the software can do because we can either change it or at least brainstorm an idea that works
i'm more inclined to suggest hackaround solutions rather than ones that would require more effort from others as i feel bad asking for features i won't be able to contribute to on the technical side much

though you are right
Yoshin
Maybe have it so you can hit a report style button for admins to change/delete it
T-man
(May 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM)toucan Wrote: legal names, real names, and deadnames should be excluded from this.
  • legal names: not fair to force people to expose their legal name to the internet forever just because they weren't aware of the consequences of using their legal name on the internet at the time of joining MW.
  • real names: wtl can explain that one better than me i guess
  • deadnames: if someone joined with the username John, and her legal name was John, and it turned out she was MTF and her real name was Jane, and she changed her username to CatLover14, and she didn't want her deadname (John) on the internet, it wouldn't be fair to force her to expose her deadname just because she wasn't sure if she was ready to let the world know she was a female and wasn't aware of the consequences of using her legal name on the internet at the time of joining MW.

While these concerns are valid, I don't think they would ever become a widespread issue.
Maybe we can drop old usernames from the list after a certain period, along with having an option to request they be removed.
T-man
(May 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM)toucan Wrote: I doubt it would be a widespread issue as well but "option to request they be removed" is all I'm really suggesting.
If anyone can do it, tou can
Mario
[deleted]