Hello
[Image: JExKJ0H.png]

With Mario Editor, it's easy to play, create, and share your very own custom Mario levels! Utilize a massive selection of powerups, enemies, items, and other goodies in your creations.

Trailer

Screenshot
[Image: ATaTnpd.png]

Download Game (Indie DB)

Want to share your level with others? Want to try out levels others have made? Check out the Mario Editor Showcase!
[Image: hf_logo_signature_white.svg]
T-man
you almost got away with it
[Image: 2ZgCP83.png]
DrTapeworm
i'm the nintendo and i'm issuing a ymca takedown on this
[Image: dinogunz.png]
T-man
[Image: vrANA9I.png]

you're in for it now buster
kaZaam
this is my gavorite thread
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
(Sep 2, 2016 at 3:34 AM)T-man Wrote: you almost got away with it
[Image: 2ZgCP83.png]

holy shit id been wondering what that was forever
Hello
This forum is so weird. Yes
[Image: hf_logo_signature_white.svg]
kaZaam
it's such a novelty to see hello actually talk
T-man
(Sep 2, 2016 at 9:12 PM)Kazaam Wrote: it's such a novelty to see hello actually talk
His username does all the talking for him
kaZaam
idk just saying "hello" b4 advertising your mario stuff just makes me question ur humanity a bit
kaZaam
no offewnse hello im just like 40% sure ur[Image: B-fVfXTCIAA21Ls.jpg]
kaZaam
nahhhhhhh
DrTapeworm
[Image: A90aCjd.png]
robots are taking over the world!

our world!
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
tru
geno7
(Sep 3, 2016 at 7:41 AM)wtl Wrote: hey guys, we might want to tone it down a bit.

For over 10 years Hello has brought us Super Mario Bros. 3 level editors, and while that might not be my cup of tea, I gotta appreciate the passion for it. It's not for everyone, but when someone finds a game type they like and spends their time bringing more of that into the world, it must be pretty good to be a Super Mario Bros. 3 fan.

Probably still better than Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. series anyway lol

hello has all but run smb3 clones and level editors into the ground but i guess you cant say the guy isnt a really dedicated and hardworking programmer
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Spritanium
I think the complaint has always been that hello's engine makes Mario fangaming more accessible

Which I fail to see how that's a bad thing lmao

It's also staggering the amount of shit in that engine that's NOT in smb3. It's quite impressive
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Sep 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I think the complaint has always been that hello's engine makes Mario fangaming more accessible

Which I fail to see how that's a bad thing lmao
It's not inherently bad, but sameiness obviously bothers people. SMB3 already is pretty bland so having a bunch more games going around just using the same assets and everything is going to get old quite quickly. It's funny because Nintendo managed to pull something similar with NSMB, everyone enjoyed the first one but the more they use the same general aesthetic and assets the less people enjoy it even if the level design turns out well.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
I downloaded Mario Editor and gave it a spin, it really impressive how intuitive it is.
Spritanium
Yeah basically like Lunar Magic for everyone. If someone came out with this fangame before Mario Maker came out, people would've lost their shit and thought it was the coolest thing ever. But even still, it has the same functionality as a $60 game for absolutely no charge. Making fun of the sameness is funny to a point, but in all honesty Hello is a fangaming hero when you consider how many people get to make fangames who couldn't before.
[Image: supercorrect.png]