The Detective Pikachu Movie: 2000

T-man
alright mw, it finally dropped, we finally get to see gross realistic pokemon, i gotta know what you lot think

personally? im pleasantly surprised, once i got past the initial visceral disgust of seeing realistic interpretations of pokemon, i saw a movie that looks like it'll be a legitimately decent popcorn flick

what say you?
Jetamo
[Image: hyfUa1e.png]
burn this in a fire
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Draku
(Nov 12, 2018 at 8:49 PM)Jetamo Wrote: [Image: hyfUa1e.png]
burn this in a fire
[Image: kjDwkBM.jpg]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
[Image: 299245_1.jpg]
sealelement
i think im going to enjoy this, honestly once i got through the initial shock i like the designs of the pokemon a bunch and it looks like itll be a neat movie
100% pure gamer 100%
Aidan
looks like the best pokemon related thing in years
Fun With Despair
(Nov 12, 2018 at 11:44 PM)Aidan Wrote: looks like the best pokemon related thing in years
This. I really hope this does well and it gets gamefreak to pull their heads out of their asses, but I won't hold my breath.

It looks like a lot of fun, and I kind of love the setting and tone it seems to have, but I can't help but worry that financially it's gonna flop because I don't know what demographic this is going for besides "People who used to like Pokemon a lot but are jaded with the way the series is going." It looks too gritty to really be for little kids, and not cutesy enough to appeal to the 40 year old Pokemon Go playing moms.
Cinna!
glad to see this is actually being made. too many companies are pussy with their IPs

Gamefreak gets my respect for this. x2 if its actually good
zxz328
I don't think anyone will be seeing this for the first time, but here's the new second trailer:

Well? Any new thoughts? Speculation? Pokemon you'd like to see in the movie?

Oh! Brilliant contest idea: Say the name of the Pokemon that hasn't been shown in any of the trailers or leaks that you believe will make it into the movie, winners get... a round of applause. Woohoo.
Affirmative, Zxz328 is my default username.
T-man
the trailers have been pretty great so far and i think this movie has the potential to be the best video game movie made which obviously is not a high bar but its still something
Bisa
(Mar 10, 2019 at 1:37 AM)zxz328 Wrote: Any new thoughts? Speculation? Pokemon you'd like to see in the movie?

I'm gonna have to look for a source here, but I believe Warner Bros. mentioned somewhere out there that the movie will feature every single Pokémon to some extent.
Probably includes mainly stuff within the world like posters or signs, but it sounds like a pretty ambitious thing to pull off in any capacity, so I'm looking forward to seeing how many of them actually make it in as acting models.
T-man
Non-computer generated Pokémon don't count, just so we're all on the same page here
Vertette
(Mar 10, 2019 at 11:56 PM)Bisa Wrote:
(Mar 10, 2019 at 1:37 AM)zxz328 Wrote: Any new thoughts? Speculation? Pokemon you'd like to see in the movie?

I'm gonna have to look for a source here, but I believe Warner Bros. mentioned somewhere out there that the movie will feature every single Pokémon to some extent.

I thought they said there'd only be like 60. Considering there are like 800 of the things now I doubt they'd all receive the realistic design treatment.
Bisa
(Mar 26, 2019 at 3:32 PM)Vertette Wrote: I thought they said there'd only be like 60. Considering there are like 800 of the things now I doubt they'd all receive the realistic design treatment.

That's where my "somewhere" comes in. Like I said, it's not just the Pokémon themselves, but also other in-universe things like posters or logos that depict them. Much easier to design.