Draku
(Sep 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If someone came out with this fangame before Mario Maker came out, people would've lost their shit and thought it was the coolest thing ever
smbx
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Super Mario Maker doesn't even have slopes. Nintendo BTFO by fans once again.
Mario
[deleted]
Elyk
(Sep 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Sep 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If someone came out with this fangame before Mario Maker came out, people would've lost their shit and thought it was the coolest thing ever
smbx
smbx is a thing but it doesn't work well
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
yeah, but my point was more of that there were easy to use mario editors already out there before mario maker and the public at large didn't give a shit until mario maker existed, no matter how limited and crap it was at release (no checkpoints, seriously?)
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(Sep 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM)wtl Wrote: well there's always gonna be a big jump in interest when a big company with advertising and such puts out a product that fans with less exposure have already been doing. even if its something the same people already knew about lol

i know, i was responding to spritey's post which i quoted at the top of the page when i used smbx as an example.
DrTapeworm
i should add that smbx is not really good and not fun to use (from personal experience)
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Stirling
(Sep 3, 2016 at 6:07 PM)wtl Wrote: SMBX was pretty cool when it came out but Redigit faked a YMCA takedown from Nintendo so he could shut it down cleanly and focus on Terraria (which was built off that same level editing engine). So I'm sure years of neglect have put it far behind what's out there now

actually the smbx community and major partakers in raocow's talkhaus are updating and improving on smbx; the talkhaus had a smbx level contest and right after there was an implemented lunalua into the engine - while the dll existed before this now lets you do lua scripting in the smbx engine. horikawa otane is a big contributor to smbx updates right now and she has videos going over some of the new features
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Two_Finger
perfect, let's have another level design compo
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Sep 9, 2016 at 3:12 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Am I the only one thrown off by the contrast between the low frame rate in the video and the dubstep playing in the background? For a trailer, it's a bit long winded as well.

Otherwise a solid showing.

I actually didn't watch the trailer, but the immediate Windows Movie Maker transition convinced me of it's, ahem, quality.

also Mario and Dubstep go together like Tabasco and semen.
Two_Finger
hey don't knock it till you've tried it
Hello
The Mario Editor v1.2 update is now available for download, and includes everything from the Hello Mario Engine v6.2 update.

[Image: hf_logo_signature_white.svg]
fireball3k
hello makes me want to punch a hole in my wall
Yrrzy
(Dec 20, 2018 at 9:46 AM)fireball3k Wrote: hello makes me want to punch a hole in my wall

ok