LET'S PLAY ROLLER COASTER TYCOON: THE PARK

Pea
With a few suggestions and my limited time as a gimmickeer, I've started the scenario of our new park, located at DUSTY GREENS! It was a tie-in between that, the hell volcano and the airport. That last one wasn't really a suggestion, but really more about a realization, but I still counted it as a nomination. Rest assured, I will try to implement some elements of the other scenarios into this map.

The thread will document all the progress posts of the park. Updates will happen as much as I can make them. Considering my (somewhat) full-time job and my position as the current KG's co-host, I'll try to aim for an update a day. Writing the posts will be the big time spender, but I won't mind it.

UPDATES:
- UPDATE 1: OR HOW WE'VE ALREADY DEMOLISHED HALF OF OUR PARK
- UPDATE 2: OR HOW POOR DECISIONS WILL MAKE THIS LP LAST LONGER
- UPDATE 3: OR HOW OSHA COULD PAY US A VISIT ANY TIME NOW
- UPDATE 4: OR HOW THE FIGHT CLUB WAS REALLY FOUNDED
- UPDATE 5: OR HOW AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
- UPDATE 6: OR HOW THIS UPDATE WILL BRING DEATH UPON THE PARK
- UPDATE 6.5: OR HOW THE (KILLER) MASTERPIECE WAS MADE
- UPDATE 7: OR HOW THIS ALL ENDS NOW

CHALLENGES:
- Have a prison built and jail any evildoers for an undetermined amount of time.
- Have exactly eight bathrooms in the park and charge 10 pounds for each use.
- Have all roller coasters intersect with at least one other roller coaster.

SPOILER CHALLENGES:
Spoiler:
sealelement
all right pardners. lets get this theme park business booming. i'm thinking that we go big or go home, and our long term goal should be to make a coaster that spans the ENTIRE course of the available land across all four quadrants. whom's with me
100% pure gamer 100%
El Negro
I want a very tiny coaster that loops at a very fast speed
[Image: z839mDR.png]
Gordon Ramsay
megacoaster is the only way to go

make sure you have at least one path that ends in a dead end that's very scenic

it will get your guests appreciating the beautiful landscape
Draku
(Dec 11, 2019 at 2:36 AM)Pea Wrote: With a few suggestions and my limited time as a gimmickeer, I've started the scenario of our new park, located at DUSTY GREENS! It was a tie-in between that, the hell volcano and the airport. That last one wasn't really a suggestion, but really more about a realization, but I still counted it as a nomination. Rest assured, I will try to implement some elements of the other scenarios into this map.

The thread will document all the progress posts of the park. Updates will happen as much as I can make them. Considering my (somewhat) full-time job and my position as the current KG's co-host, I'll try to aim for an update a day. Writing the posts will be the big time spender, but I won't mind it.

UPDATES:
- Update 1 (coming very soon i promise)

Upcoming post will be update 1, so stay tuned.
https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=388
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
(Dec 11, 2019 at 2:40 AM)El Negro Wrote: I want a very tiny coaster that loops at a very fast speed

this is a good idea for early on to make a really thrilling coaster. i think we should set something like this up with a decent price to fund the expansion to the eventual megacoaster. we could call it something like the Texas Tornado or the Crazy Cowboy or Batman the Ride (just spitballing here)
100% pure gamer 100%
Pea
UPDATE 1: OR HOW WE'VE ALREADY DEMOLISHED HALF OF OUR PARK

Ah, Dusty Greens. What was once a mini golfing resort is now in the hands of one (but really, many) person, who may or may not be irresponsible with his (their) actions. Located in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, there's no wonder this place won't be very popular. Who the fuck wants to golf in the desert heat? Not me. Let's give it some repurposing.

[Image: lMIK5Il.png]

Here is the view of the park at the beginning. We have two of the four quadrants available to us from the get-go. Each of those available quadrants contains one (1) mini-golf ride. Our goal? Achieve a monthly quota of five thousand pounds from ride tickets alone. That excludes merch, food, drinks and asking people to pay to use the loo, cause every asshole who has played this game has thought of taxing for natural needs. Also, five thousand pounds?! You could buy Canada with that money.

Anyways, mini golf. We're not going anywhere close to getting that quota done with those rides. We should replace them with something else. What do you guys think?

[Image: Smygezp.png]

Thanks, Jetamo, you've given me a really good idea!

Let's make a prison.

[Image: JxQ5RXs.png]

But first, let's remove the golf course on the le-

[Image: 5UAXuMN.png]

fuck

If you didn't know, park guests are really dumb, and I mean it. The most literal description I can give you about the guests' AI is that they're all headless chickens the moment they don't follow a path. No path means no direction, and so by deleting the path that lead to the now demolished golf course made all the guests that were there the aforementioned chickens. They won't be finding a path any time soon.

[Image: 3rqyA6T.png]

And so it is my duty to bring them back to the road. Manually.

A bit of cleanup done and the quadrant is now ride and path free. We're good to go with making a prison.

The concept of the prison is that there will be a path with no exit. Anyone stuck there CANNOT leave the park. Since the monthly quota goal is merely a question of "when will we get to that moment", I'd like to propose the first challenge of this map:

CHALLENGE 1: Create a Prison and jail all culprits.

By jailing park guests, you've effectively blocked them from leaving your park. Until you manually get them out, they're staying there for the rest of their infinite lives. A fun way of maintaining a certain guest count, that is, until you notice something else dwindle down very quickly.

[Image: E9sTw1y.png]
Introducing the Park Rating! Guest satisfaction will mirror the park's ratings, which determines guest interest and flow. If guests start getting angry at your park, the rating goes down. The rest explains by itself. Maintaining a good park rating is the best way to keep a good guest flow and, consequently, income.

And so, if a guest starts getting angry, or tired, or sick, maybe people won't be too interested in spending money in your park as much. A guest will definitely have all three of those feelings at one point if they're to be stuck somewhere. In other words: Jail is going to be a major influence in our park rating, that is, if our guests become rowdy.

Let's test out this system, shall we?

[Image: 4g7NOtx.png]

Meet Caroline. She's very angry that she has to wait in line for fucking minigolf. Imagine having to wait in line for minigolf, what a disaster. Thankfully, we're planning to get rid of this joke.

We'll be placing her inside the temporary jail, which will for now be a donut shaped path with no exit.

[Image: qrNPXH0.gif]

She'll probably be furious in no time.

With the jail done, we can finally start making amusement park rides. Let's see what we got.

Quote:i'm thinking that we go big or go home, and our long term goal should be to make a coaster that spans the ENTIRE course of the available land across all four quadrants

Quote:I want a very tiny coaster that loops at a very fast speed

Quote:this is a good idea for early on to make a really thrilling coaster. i think we should set something like this up with a decent price to fund the expansion to the eventual megacoaster. we could call it something like the Texas Tornado or the Crazy Cowboy or Batman the Ride (just spitballing here)

Quote:megacoaster is the only way to go

make sure you have at least one path that ends in a dead end that's very scenic

it will get your guests appreciating the beautiful landscape

you guys are making this very tough for me from the get-go

[Image: UyzBwnQ.png]

There's this Wooden Roller Coaster named "Texas Giant", which is close by name to "Texas Tornado". There are a lot of premade coasters for us to build, which are mainly based from real life rides. I'd settle for this one, except, uh...

[Image: Krdj0lb.png]

So, we're not getting that done. Plus, it's too big for what space we have. Wooden Roller Coasters are expensive, so let's save up some money to make one of our own. For now, we'll have to deal with less exciting attractions. They'll reel some guests in, but until we have a big roller coaster done, we're not going to get many customers. Such is life as a tycoon.

While I was explaining all this, a pleasant surprise came at our door:

[Image: RvTLr0P.png]

Based on this request, we can fulfill Jetamo's wishes right here and now.

[Image: pZgY7U6.png]

Additionally, I've added a couple of rides in the park!

[Image: 3guQL61.png]

[Image: ts1ghWL.png]

One roller coaster ride, named Cheesy Mice. It's a pre-made, bought for about 2.7k pounds. Not bad. I'll regain the losses in a short amount of time.
Two thrill rides, one named "TopzzZzZzZZ" and the other named "What a tweest". These rides are generally for everyone, so they're a steady method of income, as well.
A few stalls were added. With that, I think we can say that we're having a good start with our park.

Anyways, let's check up on Caroline.

[Image: QUjRBI9.png]

Hmm...

Let's let her go. She's done her part. We'll have a chance to jail some more people, I'm sure. And with that, I think we can stop this update here. Next time, we'll expand the park with scenery and whatnot. Keep those suggestions going! I promise I'll deliver on the roller coasters.

Final Tally:
El Negro
add exactly 8 bathrooms and charge 10 dollars for each
sealelement
oh shit is that the actual texas giant from six flags over texas? it looks like it. thats perfect, do that
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
please make mickey's dick smasher
Pea
UPDATE 2: OR HOW POOR DECISIONS WILL MAKE THIS LP LAST LONGER

We're back. With the advent of our new rides and also a prison, I feel that we'll be doing some super productive things to get our park up and going, for real this time.

Let's see what you guys have suggested since last update.

Someone On The NSA Watchlist Wrote:add exactly 8 bathrooms and charge 10 dollars for each

alright, you know what? fuck you. we're doing this. we're fucking doing this. i expect almost decency from you guys but clearly we have some who want to overdo it. we're doing this. fuck you.

CHALLENGE 2: Have exactly EIGHT bathrooms and charge them all at ten pounds per use.

[Image: Rv4PtYU.png]

You think you can be a shitass bastard who will ruin my park, huh? Nah, we're making this happen. I will get that income goal. I will spit on your face as I do it. Guess what? They're all going to be at the same spot. You don't deserve the luxury of doing your business unless you fork over the cash. Get absolutely fucking bent as I count my wads and laugh at your pathetic existence at the same time. Choose your favorite restaurant bathroom as a thematic to remind you of what kind of hell you can experience when going to a fast food restaurant. Pray that the previous tenant flushed, money tree. Capitalism, not even once. Where's my caviar?

I added an ATM machine for easy money access, cause I will obtain that money, god fucking damnit.

Oh, let's add salt to the injury, as well. Look at this fucking mess:

[Image: IlrQuTW.png]

You see this? This puddle of mashed potatoes? That ain't mashed potatoes, that's puke.

Someone puked. In front of the bathrooms. Poor ass motherfucker. I didn't see who did it, but that's a felony of the highest offense. If I see an asshole do that, they're going to jail hell. Speaking of jail.

[Image: TkJUn7E.png]

I've added a temporary dead end, by the request of someone who really wanted to see a dead end. This is to appease you, I'll make a longer one another time. For now, I'm pissed off enough to add a sightseeing path to the hell jail, where people can laugh and lynch any evildoer. Some asshole even puked on that path. I bet banksy did it.

Let's clean it off.

[Image: aC45wEy.gif]

Meet jeff. A loyal handyman who will clean up any mess, provided that he sees it.

[Image: gKgw0yc.png]

Say hi, jeff.

A clean path is key to a good park. Nobody wants a puke road, so let's encourage jeff as he helps us make this park a good one. He'll also empty garbage bins whenever they're full. Trust me, he's gonna be our best friend by the end of this.

Oh, right, here's another good friend of ours!

[Image: X5yvcin.png]

Say hi to Trip! He's going to be our trusty security guard for the scenario. He won't do much, except just walking around and maybe catch someone in the act.

[Image: ISaVIBv.png]

You bet your ass it is. Additionally, we got this warning.

[Image: PoPr3h5.png]

Not my problem. Cry me a river.

While our bank account is still low on cash, I still have to make some small rides. This should boost our sales a bit.

[Image: uV3yoMC.png]

I've created a one-block, no pathed maze named "pay me". Anyone entering this ride will have dole out 2 bux to go in and immediately get out. You think this would be cheesy, but guests aren't that dumb. I'm not getting much profit out of it.
The other ride is named "Rings of Glory". A very cheap ride that barely anyone goes to. Price is low on this one, unfortunately, so profits are even worse. At least it makes the park look busy.

Some stalls, like a sunglasses stall, have also been added. Hopefully, I can sell some knock-off ray-bans to get to my big break sooner.

And of course, I jinx myself with the word "break", because...

[Image: mILZsIH.png]

This ride keeps breaking down. TopzzZzZzZZ is our best selling ride, but if it goes out of service every week or so, we're bound to have problems. Let's call our mechanic to fix that ride.

[Image: jMKvKQa.png]

It's him.

Mechanics are also very helpfu-

[Image: 0dM0QTI.png]

*sigh*

[Image: yrylbHV.gif]

And he just walks away.

Actually, mechanics automatically cancel any call they have to repair or inspect rides when they get manually dragged to a spot like that. He answers the call again seconds later and goes to fix the ride, again. Again. Don't treat your mechanics badly, or none of your rides will work. Of course, these employees cost money per month to keep, so-

[Image: 0dM0QTI.png]

ok listen i'm not kidding i JUST saw him fix it

[Image: uCMnCa9.png]

Some rides just don't work right. They'll break more often. Some factors in them breaking include how a ride is set to perform and at what speed they perform at. If it does too much, pushing its limits, it'll wear out much faster.

[Image: yK8iyHO.png]

This ride isn't very reliable, so we'll have to set for more frequent inspections. I might have to hire another mechanic some time soon.

At this point of the scenario, we have to wait to get some money back. Had to pay some loans so that interest doesn't bite our ass back. We're getting a decent amount of cash from the new rides and stalls, so I don't have much more to do than simply wait. Next update will hopefully be longer as a result. Work's kicking my ass a bit and I'm full time until the end of next week. Afterwards, I can dedicate more time to do the waiting necessary to get further in our scenario.

Next time, we'll uh. Get more money.

FINAL TALLY:

Our park rating's not doing too well...
Gordon Ramsay
add a ride near the bathrooms

do your business and then have fun!!
J. K. Rowling
Oh my. I see that business is not going well! Fear not, as I am here to help.

Make a 6x9 ride called Avada Kedabra. It will be a small ride with the purpose of making you scared for your life. A true thriller, your very own story of pain and fear!

If that does not work either, make the Mickey Dicksmasher.
[Image: D11tqZqX0AA0wVD.jpg]
Keanu Reeves
Hey, peeing yourself is not cool! We should give freedom of speech to everyone's personal genitalia!

Lower each bathroom's cost by 1 for each bathroom currently present.
[Image: U6Bj0JD.png]
Pea
(Dec 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM)Keanu Reeves Wrote: Hey, peeing yourself is not cool! We should give freedom of speech to everyone's personal genitalia!

Unfortunately, the cost is part of the challenge, and as such, I cannot reduce it.
John Wick
(Dec 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM)Pea Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM)Keanu Reeves Wrote: Hey, peeing yourself is not cool! We should give freedom of speech to everyone's personal genitalia!

Unfortunately, the cost is part of the challenge, and as such, I cannot reduce it.

Then perish.
[Image: ks2xoKC.gif?noredirect]
Pea
UPDATE 3: OR HOW OSHA COULD PAY US A VISIT ANY TIME NOW

*OSHA does not exist in this game. It was made by a Scottish guy anyways, he probably doesn't know what an OSHA is.

After a while of waiting for some cash to come through, I'm able to build and manage more of my park. TopzzZzZzZZ has been breaking a lot still and I really wish I didn't say that cause it just broke again as I typed this sentence. Anyways, I got some cash, so let's build some more stuff.

Another Scottish Guy Wrote:add a ride near the bathrooms

do your business and then have fun!!

Excellent idea, let's make a ride that would make people puke at a very high vertical distance!

[Image: SqxERKT.png]

Escape Hatch has been built right next to the highway AND on top of the Chilis/Long John Silver's bathrooms. Let's hope the ride doesn't malfunction as a car passes by. While I'm at it...

[Image: qJ2oRAI.png]

Chilis has been placed right next to its own bathroom! Ignore the fact that it's a burger shop, they had to reuse some assets.

[Image: gFl7Jkr.png]

And of course, someone gets sick right in front of it, just as I was looking away. Really wish I had another set of eyes, cause that prison is way too empty for the amount of criminal activity happening in this park.

[Image: hvtviab.png]

Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Alright, well, we're at this point where a 2nd roller coaster would really help here. Let's make that fast looping coaster, shall we?

[Image: LZZof2W.png]

How else are we going to make a loop than to use the Looping Roller Coaster? This'll be fun. And by fun, I mean:

CHALLENGE 3: All Roller Coasters must intersect with each other.

We're daisy chaining these motherfuckers. The more daisy chaining, the more badass our park's gonna be. We'll just have to cut some beams here and there, but it'll be fine, I promise. I hope.

[Image: 14FajIK.png]

This means that we need to find a way to make the 2nd roller coaster ride go THROUGH Cheesy Mice. Thankfully, I've done one year of studying at an engineering university, so surely, I can think of something totally safe, cool and worthy of getting us to that monthly income goal much more easily.

[Image: JKRMjKd.png]

Every Roller Coaster must start with a Station Platform, obviously! We're expecting this ride to be a hit, so the longer the station platform, the longer the trains will be, which means more customers going in and out at the same time, which means, well, less waiting time. It's a huge snowball from the very beginning.

[Image: VJhQo2E.png]

I started construction at a height, here, so I can immediately attempt to intersect this ride with Cheesy Mice. The colored squares are simply indicators of what's in the way. Some height indicators are also present on Cheesy Mice, letting you know at what height your ride must be to not touch it. The game won't let you build a piece if it's too close to pretty much anything, so calculate carefully before making your ride.

I can bother with making a slight slope going down before it gets to the chain lift. This will affect the ride's performance, but all the better for the end result. We want some good sh*t, after all. The guests want the good sh*t. We'll give them the good sh*t.

[Image: 0AZXqXb.png]

Pro tip and rule of thumb: Banks. Use them. They're your friend.

[Image: Q8IOZSM.png]

Another pro tip: Use the Eye icon menu to disable some of the stuff you don't want to see, like Supports. Supports always block your view, you don't need to see them, anyway. Saves you some sanity when building those intersecting roller coasters. As I was trying to figure out how to make this roller coaster pass through the other...

[Image: a6ZrjGS.png]

I realized that the only sane way to intersect this one is from under the bump after Cheesy Mice's chain lift, as illustrated inside the black square I drew on the image. Forgive me if this intersection is boring as sin, but I gotta get something done some day. Cheesy Mice is already condensed as it is, so the options were super limited.

[Image: z3GsWPG.png]

Not much to say about the construction except for the fact that Cheesy Mice was, in fact, in operation during the construction. I'm sure OSHA likes us by now. I can give a detailed explanation of the ride's trajectory, while we're at it.

[Image: zSYkP0a.png]

Thrills is all about how high you can go and how far you can drop from that height. The ride starts with two chain lifts, with a slight sight of the jail and its decorations, ever so growing. The ride is at 31.5m from the ground at the highest point.

[Image: dIfnuhE.png]

The drop immediately goes into a loop. If I recall correctly, someone did request something similar...
The speed at which the train is going when it reaches the loop is at about 60km/h, which is pretty fast. Could cause some pretty bad whiplash. Max speed was at 72km/h.

[Image: aimFV5c.png]

The ride goes pretty quickly at this point. Starting from the bottom right point, a bunch of banks are made. Highlighted in light blue is a very awkward bump into another bank. That could hurt someone's sides.

[Image: kiCojha.png]

Brakes! Right before the station. Good idea to use this to prevent sudden stops.

All in all, the ride's quite dangerous, but... well, we need another Roller Coaster, at all costs.

The ride as seen from one of the trains. As you can see, it goes pretty fast. The ratings will probably scare the majority of the customers away.

[Image: 8ZKdy9A.png]

...Or not?
Big way to know if a ride will not be a success is if any of the text you see in these stats are red. In this case, we're all clear. What's very impressive is that the ride has optimal stats to become a smash hit. Like I said: One year in an Engineering University.

Excitement Rating is the most important stat of the first three, as it determines if thrillseekers will enjoy the ride. Self-explanatory, but still worth mentioning, as it is crucial for you to put excitement on the fore front of your ride philosophies. Intensity will determine what type of guest will want to enter your ride. The higher the intensity, the least likely a filthy casual would want to ride it. Last but not least, Nausea. As intense as you would like your ride to be - even if it's a good one - as long as the nausea rating's up, you're due to have even more criminal puke-ers in your park. We don't want that.

And so, the ride's finished. Let's give it a name.

[Image: Feye8VW.png]

Good ideas all around, although we already have a jeff. Let's go with The Snyder Rider. Something about that name just clicks with me.

[Image: S9aPvoG.png]

And there we have it! The ride's open to the public and look at that crowd. They're ready to experience The Snyder Rider.

[Image: 6QqcU5N.png]

And, why not, let's add a balloon stall for whoever survived the ride. It's located at the bottom of the stairs, leading to the ride, so you don't even have to ride The Snyder Rider, but nobody's gonna care. Unfortunately, I could not place this way up there, as there seems to be a height limit to building stalls. Bummer.

[Image: 6xuTRFf.png]

Once more, we win that award. I'd like to attribute this award to a certain ride.

[Image: rZeDR1a.png]

Additionally, I've paid off my loan! No more additional expenses that could fuck me over.

That's it for today! A whole roller coaster was made and a bit more. I could have done much more, but honestly, thinking about how to intersect those two roller coasters asked for a lot of thinking power. I'm not an engineer, despite me saying somewhat otherwise.

Final Tally:

What a massive boost to our ride ticket income! Park rating's catching up, as well. We'll get there in no time, I'm sure of it.

...Right?

[Image: hTlsPNN.png]
El Negro
Raise the floor level.
Pea
UPDATE 4: OR HOW THE FIGHT CLUB WAS REALLY FOUNDED

Lots of waiting later, I've managed to obtain more (definitely hard-earned) cash. While I left the game on, I left my desk and took a shower. Once I came back, I noticed something awfully wrong.

[Image: N7nHu8m.png]

...Our numbers have gone through the shitter.

Challenge 3.5?: don't do anything lol

I wouldn't really consider this a challenge, but I think it's clear enough that something definitely went wrong and it's my fault. No, it's not that I made the bathrooms cost 10 bucks to use... Well, maybe. Anyways, I forgot to do something important from my last session.

[Image: 9yuNy1X.png]

The blue highlighted squares you see here are the paths that your employees can walk on to do their dirty work. Don't set one and they'll roam freely without a care in the world. This feature is very helpful in keeping your park clean and in operation. Problem is, I forgot to add a couple of points where jeff can walk at, so he completely ignored a certain part of the park.

[Image: ba9RgZa.png]

Holy puking christ.

Quickly fixed that and then, not even moments later...

[Image: ZqrmuiZ.png]

Huge boost in ratings. So, yeah, don't ignore your park's state. Your guests don't like seeing puke, that much shouldn't even be said. Even more so, trust your employees, they can do their job very well.

With that settled, I've started building a new roller coaster.

[Image: nfaEqlO.png]

Wooden, and it intersects with Snyder Rider! Ah, hold up.

[Image: CvDluuV.png]

It even goes underground, at the other side of the highway! I apologize for the lack of textures on that hill: I have not installed Roller Coaster Tycoon Source, nor will I bother with doing so.
Anyways, let's see what's under this hill.

[Image: yYJOLT7.png]

A little shack has appeared. But... there's two Stations for one ride? How does one go back up?

Simple, think of it as transport. A guest takes the ride and comes out the other side. Just like a taxi ride. Actually, what if we made a theme about this "underground location"?

Let's call it the Fight Club. A club that requires a ride to get to. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Want to see what the fight club is like? Fork over the cash. People will gobble it up, for sure. Before we can open up this ride, however, we need to make a path in this underground location.

[Image: 7WRXFUe.png]

There's another option which lets you remove the base land from the view, so that you can see your underground paths and rides much more clearly. Consider all the options, players! Makes for a cleaner playthrough, although I wouldn't call this playthrough of ours anything close to clean. And so, with a path leading to an entrance and an exit for both sides, we can open this ride to the public.

[Image: DrBkR63.png]

Also, let's build a Flying Saucer ride here. Fight Club would be boring without any rides there.

[Image: O3oLKmB.png]

Tesla Simulator is a go! Drive green, everyone! That's definitely what Elon Musk would want to see. Unfortunately, you cannot see underground rides from the ride's perspective, the exception being the train's point of view.

Now that we know we can create rides underground, this opens even more possibilities of just cramming everything in one small space. It's tough, but the results are always a spectacle. I'm not at that skill level, unfortunately, but using a minimal amount of space to create as many rides in a park is an art form.

Let's see what people think of Tesla Simulator!

[Image: 8Q70Fqr.gif]

Right. Caroline. I know I pissed you off by letting you in that jail for a while but did you really have to come back to roast my ride? Well, you're in luck, I'll let you in something more thrilling.

[Image: TcbUoAs.gif]

Thought crimes. Never again.

[Image: DpwV5hZ.png]

With all these roller coaster rides, it seems that nobody is taking interest in the lesser thrilling rides now. Gholf has been quite literally deserted, too, so I guess it's time to retire this poor son of a bitch. The last bastion of the park's former self, gone.

[Image: ANohyAi.png]

Not even the buyers wanted the scenery. Guess I gotta get rid of this by hand and also Tesla Simulator is broken already, fuck.

[Image: CcwS2n2.png]

This is when I realized that our super jail doesn't really have a view anymore. Too many supports. Too many roller coaster rides. Too much shit going on. We'll have to build another one elsewhere. We got space for that.

I don't have much more to update about on this. Next time, I'll expand Fight Club, build a new jail and a new roller coaster, while we're at it. Possibly a new challenge? I'd like to see something to just fuck my shit up.

FINAL TALLY:

Getting close to 2k. We're being slow, but I'm about to pick up the slack now.

[Image: Uk8SuyV.gif]

Bonus: You can pop balloons by clicking on them. But only if they've been let go by its rightful owner.
Pea
UPDATE 5: OR HOW AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey again.

We've recovered from a harsh blow in our park's ratings. Guests have slowly begun to pile up and we're on our way to getting our goal halfway done. It doesn't sound like much, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

First off, we want more guests in our park. How should we do that?

Marketing!

[Image: oB2FLyq.png]

We can advertise our park and give away coupons for free rides and whatnot. Guests love those things: it's as if people like free stuff.

[Image: sn6V63L.png]

what a tweest isn't getting any love, so let's test the advertising system waters by giving away free vouchers for the ride. Meanwhile:

[Image: fuAmnLC.png]

Oh...

[Image: 1wT0iWl.png]

Oh........

Manage your park well, kids! Don't want that shit to happen again.

So, people want to get out of Fight Club. How do you get out of Fight Club? Ride the taxi back. Is taxi broken? Wait for it to be repaired. Is the line full? Wait for it to clear up. Of course, I designed this ride for people to wait for a ride, and with a one tile path dedicated to waiting for the ride, people just can't do the waiting thing anymore. And so, I've accidentally created a jail with 100+ people in it.

Go me.

I could make a pathway to exit Fight Club without having to ride Taxi again, but honestly that's boring as shit. I'm dedicated to this gimmick, I'm not changing my mind over this.

[Image: h8bAcNk.png]

hahahahahahaha holy fuck. I'm fucked. Mistakes are very easy to make. It's like programming. Make something shady and everything will break. People complain and you get depressed and second guess your entire life up to this point.

Shortly after, my park rating just went to 0. That's it, the park's fucked. How can I bring it back to its former (albeit very short) glory?

CHALLENGE 4: Come back from the depths of park rating hell.

Whether I've managed to put my park rating down to the big fat goose egg by accident or on purpose, I'll have to bring it back up somehow. The advertisement is not doing anything substantial, either.

Anyways, let's fix our issu-

[Image: 6ki561S.gif]

Wait, what the fuck?

That path is supposed to be off limits, how the fuck did this guy get there?

Well, either way, it counts as trespassing, so in the jail you go.

[Image: N6OqBiO.gif]

Alright, now to fix the taxi probl-

[Image: f24UJeO.png]

[Image: noCNu9r.jpg]

I'm having a mental breakdown.

Can't do much about this. I should just move on with making a new roller coaster ride. Guests don't like anything that isn't a roller coaster so FUCK IT.

[Image: 3jlV3aL.png]

This has become a mess real quickly. I want this ride to intersect, but that means getting inside the spaghetti that is Snyder Rider, Cheesy Mice and Taxi altogether, not even mentioning the ride itself becoming its own obstacle. The isometric perspective of this game starts showing its huge glaring flaws, as you never know where your ride really is while constructing it, even when rotating the camera all four ways. Even with the height indicators, I hope you have good depth perception.

[Image: J4SSCSg.png]

Just what is this mess...

I braced for the worst, and...

[Image: iuOQazl.png]

Just barely...

Honestly, this ride is a mistake, but I don't think I have it in me to delete it. At a very high intensity, not a lot of people will want to ride it, but it's still possible. Let's name it... the Final Sting. Yeah. I like that name.

[Image: yh0gja9.gif]

While that was in the works, a bunch of tired people can be seen shambling about in Fight Club. That usually means they've been stuck there since forever. Despite them having the money, they outright refuse to ride the Taxi.

Which brings us to this conclusion:

If a park guest wants to leave the park, the park guest wants to leave the park. No ride will convince them otherwise. And so, the taxi was a complete waste. I have no choice but to open the once forbidden path to the public, as it lead from the entrance of the park to Fight Club, as access for employees. Which also means that our trespassing friend gets forgiven for his crimes.

[Image: vNr0wvE.gif]

At this point, we're gonna have to make some good PR. So let's shell out the cash for the big advertisements.

[Image: uGlLC91.png]

Ouch.

Well, we're gonna have to get some more cash after this entire disaster. Fortunately, I have just the solution: One of those tricks up my sleeves I was gonna use before my ratings took a plunge.

[Image: W8MygTh.png]

Any good roller coaster will attract lots of fans. In this case, the Snyder Rider was going at a fare of a mere three pounds. I've doubled its cost, as with other popular rides. Guests don't really care about spending money if it means riding their personal favorites, despite these guests not having a "personal favorite" function implemented in them. God, I'm talking as if they're robots.

But hey, those profits are gonna soar now. Good for our goal. Won't affect our park rating too much, either, if at all.

[Image: OcrVRFR.gif]

By the way: Placing down these stalls? Absolute fuckfest. Once again, the isometric perspective takes a piss on you as you attempt to figure out how to position your stall if you ever decide to put it underground like the madman you are. You can't decide to initially position it underground. No, you have to position it at ground level, then hold shift and then drag down and PRAY you got the right tile. It sucks. I hate it. 0/10.

[Image: nONXVZ9.png]

By the way (2): Fight Club is a ghost town, now. My spirits are at an all time low.

Final Tally:

Back to where we were from last time, just with the number of guests being halved. I guess the challenge has been completed, sort of.

On the bright side, people are enjoying the Final Sting... Sort of.