[Day 4] - Another Log On The Fire

Godbert Manderville
I'll shine that weird flashlight into my eyes. Just in case.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 3:18 AM)Godbert Manderville Wrote: I'll shine that weird flashlight into my eyes. Just in case.
You pick up the weird flashlight, and turn it to your own eyes. You flick it on, and suddenly are launched into a flashback.

You find yourself standing in the dark Waiting Room of Trip's Pad. Thick shadows are cast like a blanket of dark across the room, save for the glow of the Arcade Machine's title screen. The faint sounds emitted are the only sign that the vision you're experiencing even has an auditory component.

A closing door distracts you from the screen, and as footsteps cross the room, a figure comes into view. An APE in a business suit approaches the Arcade Machine, and he reaches a hand to the top of it, fishing around until his fingers clasp an object. Small and rectangular, like some sort of remote control, yet with but one button, and an antenna protruding from the top.

He takes it, looks at it with a sense of familiarity, then places it into his briefcase before stepping back into the shadows. The door shuts with a click, and you're left alone in the dark once again.
Mother Goose
When I awoke I was feeling quite cold that day,
So I walked over to house bishop via the secret passage way.
As I walked along I heard a small clank,
And noticed someone in a Goose Costume opening the water tank…

I leave not realizing he was up to any crime,
And make my way along…stopping to grab some wine.
I get myself a coat and make my way to trip’s pad,
And as I leave the room I see Grell stumble in looking… not bad.

As I get to Trips I nod to Godbert as we pass by the door
Checking the terminal wondering what it could be responsible for...
As I look it over Ainsley soon distracts me with a flip
Seemingly upset with the good boy Trip.

I bonk him with my wine and tell him to go,
And he sighs upset leaving with quite the show.
With nothing to do I leave back outside
Moving to my favorite fountain with pride.

I see Godbert and Ham Sandwich hanging in the zone,
And leave my hand made goose statue before I go off alone.
I head to House Academia to see what I might find,
And notice Cooking Mama walking downstairs as she passes behind

Up in the study I read a Journal while I sip my wine with care
While Gordon enters the room with Shoey as a pair.
Shoey sings Baby shark, while Gordon asks to take a peek,
And while we sat around I soon feel asleep.
Mother Goose
In the underground pier I wanna see what's in the two crates, and then check out if there is anything written on the clipboard that's on the table.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 3:39 AM)Mother Goose Wrote: In the underground pier I wanna see what's in the two crates, and then check out if there is anything written on the clipboard that's on the table.
You check the crates in the underground pier. One of them appears to be empty, save for a nailgun and several boxes of nails but the other one appears to have a Make America Great Again hat, a pair of sunglasses, and a tie all messily discarded inside, as if torn off.

You check the clipboard on the table. There appear to be two pages of paper attached to it.

page 1:

page 2:
Skull Face
Take off the Big Daddy's helmet.
Godbert Manderville
Check the Kitchen and Dining Room for used or missing matchboxes.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 4:16 AM)Skull Face Wrote: Take off the Big Daddy's helmet.
You take off the Big Daddy's helmet. The suit is empty, but operational if you climb inside.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 4:28 AM)Godbert Manderville Wrote: Check the Kitchen and Dining Room for used or missing matchboxes.
There are no missing or used matchboxes from those areas, but matches can be found in other areas as well.
Godbert Manderville
I'll check the Smoker's Lounge, Chemistry Lab, Alchemy Lab, and Equipment Storage for matches as well.

Also, I want to inspect Trip's Office. Is the flipped desk damaged as if someone flew into it? What is it roughly shaped like? Also, is there any charring on the door or near the doorway to the Waiting Room that may indicate whether the door was open at the time of a fiery blast?
Skull Face
Grab the ladder used to access one of the balconies, and check the roof of Trip's Pad.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 5:00 AM)Godbert Manderville Wrote: I'll check the Smoker's Lounge, Chemistry Lab, Alchemy Lab, and Equipment Storage for matches as well.

Also, I want to inspect Trip's Office. Is the flipped desk damaged as if someone flew into it? What is it roughly shaped like? Also, is there any charring on the door or near the doorway to the Waiting Room that may indicate whether the door was open at the time of a fiery blast?
You check those areas for matches. The Chemistry Lab and Equipment Storage have a full supply, but a pack is missing from the Smoker's Lounge.

You inspect Trip's Office. His furniture has been thrown around, and the desk is lying on its side, the top of it facing the door with a large dent in it. The doorway and a bit of the front of the office is charred, but the door, which opens inward, is not.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 5:09 AM)Skull Face Wrote: Grab the ladder used to access one of the balconies, and check the roof of Trip's Pad.
You grab the Ladder used to climb onto the Overlook Patio, and climb onto Trip's roof. It's a flat roof, as you would expect from a portable unit like that. There's nothing off about it, and all that's up here is a vent and a satellite used for internet.
Skull Face
Just to be thorough; I want to peer through the vent and investigate within.
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 6:54 AM)Skull Face Wrote: Just to be thorough; I want to peer through the vent and investigate within.
You peer through the vent and take a look. It's a ventilation shaft leading from the outside to Trip's Office and the Waiting Room. It is too small for an ordinarily sized human to fit, and is sort of dusty.
The King of Town
Can we tell where the source of ignition was from how the room burned?
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 7:36 AM)The King of Town Wrote: Can we tell where the source of ignition was from how the room burned?
It appears there's a match on the floor, and the fire spreads out from there.
The King of Town
Is that knife near the pile of gore the same knife as the previous night's murder?
Does Demonmist's key go to the luxury bedroom chest?
Was the code he had for the vault door?
Godbert Manderville
Check Trip's Bedroom, Patio, and Bathroom.

Might as well check the shoreline for washed up items too.

I also want to take a closer look at the tank with a circular hole drilled into it. Is it the one connected to Trip's Pad? What else can I tell about the hole, e.g. do the edges look smooth like it was done with a proper tool?
Spooks?
(Jan 12, 2020 at 8:20 AM)The King of Town Wrote: Is that knife near the pile of gore the same knife as the previous night's murder?
Does Demonmist's key go to the luxury bedroom chest?
Was the code he had for the vault door?
You pick up the knife and examine it. Yep, it looks just like the one used to kill The Kindest Weapon. It even still has some old dried blood on it.

You try DemonMist's key on the chest in the Luxury Bedroom. It swings open with a click, to reveal a blunderbuss, fully loaded and sitting in a pile of women's clothing.

You try his code on the Vault Door. Actually, you don't even need to, because it's the code currently displayed, and the vault seems to lock and unlock perfectly.