In Which You Tell Me What To Talk About

Superchao
Give me a topic. I will write five minutes of my unfiltered thoughts on it. At the end of those five minutes whatever I have will be posted.

I may take some time to get around to the topics but I promise no more than 300 seconds will be spent on the actual writing.
[Image: U7dyPAD.png]
Draku
sonic the hedgehog
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Superchao
(Mar 19, 2020 at 12:31 AM)Draku Wrote: sonic the hedgehog
Honestly, despite my name, I've never been that into the Sonic fandom. You might be surprised to know that! But no, I've only possessed a handful of games over the years and had no real interest in the others. Not growing up in the console war era (ya boy didn't even get a console until the Gamecube) my first exposure to Sonic was Sonic Advance... which in fact helped push me to get a 'Cube via the link so that I could play around with the full-size Chao Garden. I loved those little goobers, as can be indicated by my name. It dates back to like 2004 when I was young and stupid and it was in a more ridiculous form, but thankfully Superchao is nice, catchy, and even makes for a good nickname when you cut it short.

ANYHOW that aside my only sonic games have been Advance, SA2B, and Mega Collection. Oh and I had Sonic R on the PC, and then ten year old me stumbled across a scary website about tails doll and freaked out hard. Kind of funny now that I actively seek out horror stuff to read and hold high praise for Junji Ito, huh? I do wanna get Mania, though. I've heard so many good things! Honestly sometime I'd like to go back and get the rest of the Emblems in Battle, I had like 165 or something like that. There's a bunch of old games, especially cube, where I'm almoooost done with them but not quite. An adventure for a time after I clear my backlog better, I suppose!

Battle is the one I most remember for both good and bad reasons, but Mega Collection was great (S3&K for life), and it even let me see the first couple Archie comics. Which I bring up because hoo boy following their record has been an ADVENTURE, that blog is really good. What even the fuck WAS Ken Penders? Besides a very strange man, obviously. Advance... it was fun! It was a good first Sonic game! But outside of grinding for rings if I ever get back into Chao raising, not much I wanna do with it. Reminds me of how when I was a kid before I had
Draku
(Mar 19, 2020 at 12:38 AM)Superchao Wrote: Honestly, despite my name, I've never been that into the Sonic fandom. You might be surprised to know that! But no, I've only possessed a handful of games over the years and had no real interest in the others.
finally an ancient mystery has been solved. good post in general

and yes, play mania. it rules
X͟a͏vi̴er ̀[XW̧ ̢E̵xec̷ut̀ive]̡
Why I'm great.
Draku
(Mar 19, 2020 at 12:42 AM)X͟a͏vi̴er ̀[XW̧ ̢E̵xec̷ut̀ive]̡ Wrote: Why I'm great.
Santa's Hot Abs
how Crazy Frog's death was faked.
Gordon Ramsay
Well, I have to admit, I disagree with the adjective of "great" in terms of being someone of superior standing. However! You make for a compelling multi-game antagonist, and you actually did a solid job at seeming innocuous back in KG6. You even got me killed in the endgame via your lackey, which was frustrating, but said grudge was buried when I sent said lackey to the gallows without much of an issue. So that worked out well. I'm also pretty interested in seeing the rest of the KG6 lore, especially the story behind all the visions, considering that I've been reading through them and they've got a solid lore story. I kept expecting them to end up as their own KG! But then they didn't.

On top of that, Operation Hellstorm is going to be a crazy night, and I'm already making my plans for how the hell I'll go through it. I'm actually legitimately surprised I lasted this long, and while I don't expect to make it to the end, it's been nice to have a good run with one of my less-intensive dupes compared to say Angie. Speaking of whom I'm really looking forward to using Angie again! It's wild to realize just how long ago KG4 and KG5 were, partly because I keep associating KG with me joining -w and it's just weird to think "wow I went this far with -w already."

Anyhow, back to Xavier. It's consistently funny to me that Xavier, Trip, and Liz are all relevant while Jan Itor got offed, and I feel like that wans't even intentional? Janitor was just the unlucky bastard who got targeted, and he already didn't have the lore levels Xavier did. I honestly wonder what would have happened if Honoka had fucked with Xavier in KG6, but I was on your side. And look where that got me! Ramsay knows better, he can tell when
John Wick's Cat
(Mar 19, 2020 at 5:40 AM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote:
Well, I have to admit, I disagree with the adjective of "great" in terms of being someone of superior standing. However! You make for a compelling multi-game antagonist, and you actually did a solid job at seeming innocuous back in KG6. You even got me killed in the endgame via your lackey, which was frustrating, but said grudge was buried when I sent said lackey to the gallows without much of an issue. So that worked out well. I'm also pretty interested in seeing the rest of the KG6 lore, especially the story behind all the visions, considering that I've been reading through them and they've got a solid lore story. I kept expecting them to end up as their own KG! But then they didn't.

On top of that, Operation Hellstorm is going to be a crazy night, and I'm already making my plans for how the hell I'll go through it. I'm actually legitimately surprised I lasted this long, and while I don't expect to make it to the end, it's been nice to have a good run with one of my less-intensive dupes compared to say Angie. Speaking of whom I'm really looking forward to using Angie again! It's wild to realize just how long ago KG4 and KG5 were, partly because I keep associating KG with me joining -w and it's just weird to think "wow I went this far with -w already."

Anyhow, back to Xavier. It's consistently funny to me that Xavier, Trip, and Liz are all relevant while Jan Itor got offed, and I feel like that wans't even intentional? Janitor was just the unlucky bastard who got targeted, and he already didn't have the lore levels Xavier did. I honestly wonder what would have happened if Honoka had fucked with Xavier in KG6, but I was on your side. And look where that got me! Ramsay knows better, he can tell when

gordon
[Image: 00TAg0o.png]
Jetamo
murder by numbers
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Reiji
Topic: Vegetables. Or fruits, whichever's easier.
Superchao
(Mar 19, 2020 at 12:57 AM)Draku Wrote:
Well, in your case, that starts off with a simple word; Symphogear! And man it took me a while to pick this back up, huh? You can blame Metroid for that. What a franchise. But I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about Draku! If not for utterly and ruthlessly stomping on GX, I would have never been aware of Symphogear in a concrete enough fashion to follow up and actually experience this anime in full! I mean, sure, I'd seen random danbooru pictures of characters from it while scrolling tags, or there was the time I saw GX's amazing opening scene with no context AND no names to follow up on, I think the only actual name that gets dropped that entire sequence is "Yukine" and it's not like that's enough to go on. But! Getting actual, constant names and faces and "Wow this season was bullshit" allowed me to really put it all together! Now I knew that this was Hibiki, this was Tsubasa, etc etc.

So that got me to watch it, and you were great in terms of listening to my reactions, filling me in on detials, adding little notes i missed, all that good stuff you can do when you watch a new series and have a friend who has watched it before! Heck I did that with someone else for Symphogear. And even though I only had 39 episodes ot watch, they were a fantastic 39 episodes! It's not #1, it'll never be #1 because Touhou exists, but Symphogear is definitely high up the list if someone asks me what my favorite franchises of things are! I've even recommended it to a few people, but only people who I think would actually enjoy it. Can't just shove it in everyone's face.

Outside of that, you're pretty good at being the head mod of this place, and trust me I know moderation is a difficult, thankless task for which you receive all the blame and very little credit. I mean, maybe I'm projecting my own experiences, but it's a harsh job. Someone's gotta do it though! And I admire people (Including me) who actually go ahead and do it. -w is pretty chill, but you've done well at dealing with the problems that DO arise,
Draku
oh i didn't realize it would come off like that. it was a witty response where i replied to "why xavier is great" in a thread about doing a writeup for a prompt with no text whatsoever. i suppose it isn't clear when i'm not the garrison owner LMAO

thanks tho!
Superchao
(Mar 19, 2020 at 4:34 AM)Crazy Frog Wrote: how Crazy Frog's death was faked.

We all know the official narrative of Crazy Frog's death. The famous singer climbed into his limo, turned the ignition, and a car bomb went off, killing him. That was one of the major headlines of 2007. But is that REALLY what happened? Evidence has been uncovered that suggests Crazy Frog may actually be alive in obscurity. How, though, you may ask? We saw his body, we saw the packed funeral, we saw the memorial concert.

Well, that's why I'm here to explain that what we all assumed was the death of Crazy Frog was actually faked.

You see, Crazy Frog was getting tired of the limelight. In the couple of interviews he gave in 2006 and 2007, it was clear the fame and fortune were beginning to wear on him. He hadn't sought out stardom, it had come to him by chance, and he was now unprepared. The overload of fans, of money, of demands had begun to take this small frog and make him feel exhausted. He wanted an out, but there was no out left, not with the people demanding Crazy Frog. There's always been an undercurrent of selfishness in Crazy Frog's statements, a clear case that he would sacrifice whatever was necessary to do what was best for Crazy Frog.

In that case, the sacrifice was a life.

Who actually saw Crazy Frog climb into the limo that cold November morning? Nobody. None of the witnesses saw anything until the explosion actually happened - that was the advantage of Crazy Frog living in a quiet, empty part of the city. How was Crazy Frog identified afterwards? From the body's general appearance. With no teeth, frogs don't have dental records, and with the severe burning, there was nothing left of Crazy Frog's distinct features. That's because it wasn't Crazy Frog at all, but a body double. A homeless frog is listed as disappearing around that time, but the case was so overshadowed by Crazy Frog's apparent murder that it never went solved - who really died in that limo?

On top of that, the killer has never been identified. Sure, many groups claimed responsibility,
Superchao
(Mar 19, 2020 at 6:27 PM)Jetamo Wrote: murder by numbers
These are kind of slow, aren't they? But then again I don't have that many, so it's not like I'm making all of you wait far far too long. Anyhow, Murder by Numbers! As someone who considers Ace Attorney one of his top franchises and only cares about Danganronpa for the murder mystery format due to avoiding one of the most common pitfalls of murder mysteries, meaning that every time the game ends up in a self-indulgent despairfest I'm just sitting here going "I just wanna solve mysteries" (Killing Game makes it work, though; excellent work, FWD!), and who also likes Picross a lot, I knew I had to pick this up and see what I thought.

Aaaand it's pretty fun! The picross is definitely VERY heavy, and if you don't like picross you're going to have a bad time. If you do like picross, there you go! I never got what the purpose of the Scout's Memories bits were, they were very short and seemed to only exist as some kind of reward thrown in at the last minute for the giant pile of bonus puzzles? Honestly the picross was more its own reward. Anyhow! Picross is fun and fine, as for the mysteries... well, the overarching plot is pretty good! It does a good job of pacing itself well throughout the four cases, gradually unveiling everything as you go through until you hit all the big reveals.

The individual mysteries are on their core good, but suffer from a problem a LOT of mysteries do (including several Ace Attorney cases) where there's just not enough characters. You take out the characters already there who can't be the killer because they're existing cast, and you're left with 2 or 3 characters a case, making it far too easy to process-of-eliminate your way to the real murderer long before the picross starts pointing their way. Now, outside of that, they're fun! Good dialogue, good puzzles, good characters (one of them hits four of my "i think this is cute" points at once, RIP), it's just the individual MYSTERY part that's weak.

That aside, I still say that if you want to play this game, you basically haaaave to like Picross. Despite enjoying the characters and the dialogue and such, the ubiquitously of the
Draku
mfan's lack of updating his part of the garrison
Skull Face
April fools.
Superchao
(Apr 1, 2020 at 11:28 AM)Draku Wrote: mfan's lack of updating his part of the garrison
Well, be honest with me. Is anyone really all that SURPRISED that Mfan flaked hard when others have carried out cartoon or Touhou reviews to completion on a regular basis? I know I'm not. Just look at this tier lists! Look at how much struggle it is to get him to do it for a game that's ongoing, and how he still hasn't tier listed the third Marioboards KG despite that one being nearly two years old at this point. I'm already not expecting him to be punctual at all about tiering the roles in my upcoming KG, because why on earth would he? That'd require committment and effort.

On the other hand, it's possible this is all his tactical plan. Hold his other stuff hostage, and require people to continuously vote in his Mega Man garrison in order to actually get us to get him to do anything like watch Symphogear. If that's the case, Mfan, then I take back what I said! It's devious and sneaky, the perfect way to stretch what would have been a one and done garrison into like eight of the things. But honestly, I don't find that as likely as him being capricious and flighty.

Not that this reflects on Mfan as a person, of course, but when you give me a prompt like that, what else about Mfan should I talk about? I am in a specific box right now, and not defined outside of it. Mfan, if you read this, you can always request I talk about your good aspects! They do exist! They're just not relevant to this prompt!

Anyhow, that aside, I gotta agree that the problem with watching weird or bad shows that are really long is that most of them just turn out to be boring. I say this as someone who watched the F-Zero anime. I can't recommend anyone even hatewatch it the way they can, say, Phantom Bullet, because it's 51 episodes with the content for about half of that spread across the series. You just get BORED, and that's worse than hating it for that sort of watch!
Hearts
Best Touhou. You can interpret this as girls or games
ASMR Youtuber
rate mw's fursonas