Fun With Despair
Well, this is gonna be the post that gets me well and truly owned in the eyes of the community but here goes.

I think I've figured out what the real problem with minus world is, the underlying cause behind all the conflict, all the chaos, the looming cloud of misery that hangs over the community. I've run some calculations, fed infinite simulations into the machine, and I have come to a conclusion.

I think everyone is just way too fucking obsessed with trying to make themselves appear virtuous and perfect and also with defending their ideology no matter what, to the point where people are getting pissed off over shit that normally just would not bother them at all or cause any kind of outrage. Now, I know what you're thinking, and you're thinking two things:

1. "but mr. despair, no one is nice lately! everyone is fighting and angry!"

and 2. "v-VIRTUE SIGNALING?????? t-t-that's a NEO NAZI TALKING POINT!!!!!11"

and truth be told I don't really know if I give a fuck about the second one at this point but as for the first one, I think recently we are experiencing the eruption of the pent up tension that comes from trying to maintain facades of perfect moral standing from some people and the stress of having to constantly fucking defend what's "right" all the time because if they don't then they look like they are morally bankrupt or don't care.

MFGG? MFGG fucking blows man, but part of me can understand why its less stressful for Pedigree to post there (sorry for bringing you up bro). Yeah MFGG has a shit load of annoying edgy kids but also if someone says some stupid edgy shit on MFGG it just dies then and there pretty much. The guy either gets told to stop being edgy and he apologizes or he doesn't and everyone just silently thinks hes an asshole and ignores what he says. On MW everyone's gotta be a paladin of holy justice and just grind the ever loving shit out of people for every single little thing they say.

Now I'm going to explicitly avoid taking the sides of "the leftists" or "the aidan" in this scenario but i'm using them as an example. Holy fuck almost neither side of this thing can just shut the hell up and move on. Aidan hates the leftists, the leftists hate Aidan. On any other modern community besides like twitter they'd fight sometimes maybe and that'd be it, they'd just shut up after like a brief exchange and then probably ignore each other because both sides think they are stupid. I don't understand why on MW if someone tries to dunk on communism or capitalism or whatever else, suddenly there needs to be like a re-enactment of the hundred year war over discord that just goes on for fucking ever because people are so committed to trying to prove their point or whatever that they can NOT shut the fuck up to the point where it makes not only them feel bad but also everyone around them.

What about Money and Zelma and their few conflicts? Why the FUCK do we need to have two big brigades arguing about whether anime tits are stupid or not, one side can literally just go "yeah ok i disagree but fine you're valid and i respect your opinion" even if you don't believe it necessarily just like almost every single civilized human being does when something this fucking stupid is causing a huge argument? Just give up bros, jesus it's not fucking worth it to defend your stance on shit as idiotic as the things people fight over on minus world.

As for the virtue signaling aspect well, that's also a big issue that I feel like sort of compounds itself into the above topics sometimes. On Minus World its generally accepted that left-wing politics are good and personally I would agree with that stance and find myself believing generally that more left leaning politics ARE good.

BUT.

people are way too obsessed with trying to seem like the ultimate pinnacle of leftist ideals no matter what sometimes, or even just trying to seem like a "good person" in general. Fun secret fact about MW people: in every single server besides MW that I share with them, they are way more unrestrained with how they act, much more casually rude, and even more offensive sometimes. Then you show up to MW and you have those same people yelling at someone for saying "retarded" in the chat. For as much as everyone, myself included, thinks Stir can be a total uptight ass about politics and morality on MW, he's actually way more calm, rational, and in general gives way less of a shit both in voice chat and in other servers he's in.

except maybe... I dunno, Yrr or Money because I don't share servers with them besides MW (though Yrr is fine in this regard), EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON MINUS WORLD acts completely different and like way less of an uptight cunt on every other server they are in. That's just insane to me, completely bonkers. MW should be the chill zone to hang out and talk to your friends, not to just show up and argue your ideals like you're Simon vs. the Anti-Spiral

anyway this is mostly a vent post but seriously this is an issue that I genuinely feel like plagues MW, people trying to seem too upstanding and perfect, and always defend what they think is right even though they probably don't and shouldn't give so much of a fuck. we literally had someone make two hour long videos analyzing discord posts for the purpose of discussion that no one even watched because he went in voice and resolved it in like 20 minutes because he acted like a human being

just stop being so uptight for the love of fuck. yes its obviously bad if someone is blatantly racist and is saying the n word and parroting how all black people are criminals, yes its bad if someone says all trans and gay people should die and you should get mad about that but who gives a FUCK if you insult chairman mao, bros?

no one.

and its time to stop pretending you do.
Jetamo
would you believe i'm more uptight elsewhere on occasions
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Fun With Despair
to elaborate, I don't think it's bad to get upset and I don't think we should let shit like actual racism, homophobia, etc. take root at all, I would much rather have those groups banned than allow them to make people here feel like shit with their genuinely negative influence.

however, everyone here knows each other, has for a long time. we all know that pretty much no one here likes trump, or wants all gays or black people to die. we all know that at the very least, we aren't bad people. We just for some reason keep treating each other like we are, and like we have to set some kind of perfect example and correct everyone on everything ever and harp on that fact for three hours straight unrelentingly or else they'll turn into a neo nazi or something, and that's just not cool.

(Jan 17, 2021 at 1:59 AM)Jetamo Wrote: would you believe i'm more uptight elsewhere on occasions
Yes, because most of the people who do this are what I will call "Minus World Mains". You have a bunch of other places you seem to use more, and those places are your "Minus World" in this case. It might just be an issue with some communities in general tbh, but I notice it the most here by far. Likely because we have a shitload of MW Mains.
Draku
agree completely. i have to be a bit more restrained on mw because of my position obviously but i still try to be relatively relaxed and not give too much of a fuck. people in general in the past couple of years have this really bizarre obsession with appearing absolutely pristine in any public-facing context even if they sacrifice children to the blood god or something when they're with their friends and feel they can let their guard down.

look, mw is not counted towards your social credit points, you can admit that offensive shit can be really funny sometimes or let perceived slights against whatever political position you hold slide. if someone legit jumps on you for all that it's on them not you. obviously this doesnt mean go shittalk minorities or marginalized people heavily but i think everyone could use a bit more humility in general.

it is better to agree to disagree and avoid conflicts with someone who very clearly will never, ever align with your beliefs than to continuously butt heads. i know i hold my tongue a fuckload in that regard. there is no reason in fighting a battle that will result in both sides not changing their view and instead only creating drama and bullshit. it's also better to be true to yourself and not try to appear ""better"" than you actually are by standing up for something you don't fully believe in yourself because it will make you look good. this is a forum that spawned from a mario fan games discussion board, like c'mon. who the fuck are you trying to impress here
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Jetamo
(Jan 17, 2021 at 2:03 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2021 at 1:59 AM)Jetamo Wrote: would you believe i'm more uptight elsewhere on occasions
Yes, because most of the people who do this are what I will call "Minus World Mains". You have a bunch of other places you seem to use more, and those places are your "Minus World" in this case. It might just be an issue with some communities in general tbh, but I notice it the most here by far. Likely because we have a shitload of MW Mains.

It's weird but like, I probably *openly* chat more on Minus World than anywhere else, whereas other places I definitely lurk harder. Although for most of 2020 I feel like I just didn't chat at all... anywhere?
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Aidan
it's obnoxious as shit that i'm now the guy who drinks leftie tears. shut the fuck up about me.
i muted the controversial channel and a bunch more because i simply don't want to interact with drei when he's being political. most of the time even when i see him or other members slyly shilling their politics outside the designated containment zone, i just ignore it better it simply doesn't matter. fights break out when someone is actively shitting on another member, not because someone said joe fucking biden or whoever isn't tankie enough for them.
other people in this community get into fights. drei and pedigree hate on each other. drei and zelma came to the conclusion that they cannot tolerate each other's opinions and zelma openly says drei is the worst member here. i haven't looked in controversial in forever but i still know it's a constant shitshow because it occasionally leaks out.
to those of you who've already come up with an epic witty retort to post in the thread: save it. i'm not going to debate this point publicly, both because this thread is good overall and because i know 6 people will leave forever for one day if they see another debate. anyone who has something to say to me can privately message me however they want. we can either have a meaningful conversation about social ethics or i will just not respond. no harm done. i just went and unblocked a few people for that specific purpose, though i would still rather they don't contact me either way.
Draku
(Jan 17, 2021 at 3:11 AM)Aidan Wrote: it's obnoxious as shit that i'm now the guy who drinks leftie tears. shut the fuck up about me.
i muted the controversial channel and a bunch more because i simply don't want to interact with drei when he's being political. most of the time even when i see him or other members slyly shilling their politics outside the designated containment zone, i just ignore it better it simply doesn't matter. fights break out when someone is actively shitting on another member, not because someone said joe fucking biden or whoever isn't tankie enough for them.
other people in this community get into fights. drei and pedigree hate on each other. drei and zelma came to the conclusion that they cannot tolerate each other's opinions and zelma openly says drei is the worst member here. i haven't looked in controversial in forever but i still know it's a constant shitshow because it occasionally leaks out.
to those of you who've already come up with an epic witty retort to post in the thread: save it. i'm not going to debate this point publicly, both because this thread is good overall and because i know 6 people will leave forever for one day if they see another debate. anyone who has something to say to me can privately message me however they want. we can either have a meaningful conversation about social ethics or i will just not respond. no harm done. i just went and unblocked a few people for that specific purpose, though i would still rather they don't contact me either way.
yeah i wasn't entirely sure what exactly fwd was getting at when you clearly have a beef with drei in particular because he is one of the type of people fwd is talking about in his original post.
In general I agree with this thread and it's premise, I do believe in general things have gotten uptight and no one should feel like they're walking on eggshells. We get older, life gets hard, and we get sensitive. Still; this should be the one place where we all let loose , relax and have a good time.
I will admit I have my 2 day streak of trying to be the "messiah" of MW trying to end beefs but that is not my place nor my beef to fix and I am now accused of "picking sides" or "being someones gf" because of it. It is stupid.
I'll end by saying I have no interest in arguing with anyone publically here anymore. I'm here to chill, relax, have fun and hopefully help others have fun too.
Good thread Despair.
Here's a pic of Lala

[Image: 8ImVuB6.gif]
Unfortunately my offer of peace doesn't include Mfan.
If you post one more terrible Gundam take I don't agree with we will fight to the fucking death.
Fun With Despair
(Jan 17, 2021 at 3:28 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2021 at 3:11 AM)Aidan Wrote: it's obnoxious as shit that i'm now the guy who drinks leftie tears. shut the fuck up about me.
yeah i wasn't entirely sure what exactly fwd was getting at when you clearly have a beef with drei in particular because he is one of the type of people fwd is talking about in his original post.
I don't really have any beef with Aidan at all, it's just that Aidan and Money/Stir/Kesha get into fights a lot that usually get dragged out for a long time when they do happen. I do not mean to EQUATE them in the severity of their offences regarding this issue, merely provide an example of conflicting groups who argue for a long time. That aspect was not related to virtue signaling on his part.

I apologize, Aidan. Also when I say "the leftists" I did not mean to imply as though you hate leftists or are not leftist yourself, I was using the title to refer to a specific group of people who you conflict with who happen to have their common feature being the fact that they are extremely left wing.
MoonAge
(Jan 17, 2021 at 3:57 AM)Zelma Wrote: Unfortunately my offer of peace doesn't include Mfan.
If you post one more terrible Gundam take I don't agree with we will fight to the fucking death.
shinn asuka did nothing wrong and would have been a great mc for the whole run. when he apparently killed kira the fucking hypocrite should have stayed dead
Aidan
(Jan 17, 2021 at 3:58 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I don't really have any beef with Aidan at all, it's just that Aidan and Money/Stir/Kesha get into fights a lot that usually get dragged out for a long time when they do happen. I do not mean to EQUATE them in the severity of their offences regarding this issue, merely provide an example of conflicting groups who argue for a long time. That aspect was not related to virtue signaling on his part.

I apologize, Aidan. Also when I say "the leftists" I did not mean to imply as though you hate leftists or are not leftist yourself, I was using the title to refer to a specific group of people who you conflict with who happen to have their common feature being the fact that they are extremely left wing.

alright i just wanted clarity. i agree with all of that.
Yrrzy
i agree w this thread
yall need to learn to just go "hey this argument doesnt spark joy im gonna stop"
Fun With Despair
thanks for all the EX, suckers
Yrrzy
(Jan 17, 2021 at 6:27 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: thanks for all the EX, suckers

[Image: lderly-rich-businessman-giving-some-mone...660844.jpg]
Spritanium
The Real Minus World Problem is that we keep trying to find a problem with Minus World even though it's never stopped being a place we enjoy spending time on
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 18, 2021 at 5:42 PM)Spritanium Wrote: The Real Minus World Problem is that we keep trying to find a problem with Minus World even though it's never stopped being a place we enjoy spending time on
Dunno about that, the past month or two has been extremely unenjoyable for a decent sized chunk of members I think. We've had several people leave and even more say they would like to leave.

Something' s rotten recently.
Spritanium
(Jan 18, 2021 at 7:38 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I don't think spritey really reads discord so it makes sense that he doesn't see the dysfunction

Smash that good sh*t button for more life hacks
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pea
the real problem is that we didnt get nursery rhyme translated yet
Draku
(Jan 19, 2021 at 10:40 PM)Pea Wrote: the real problem is that we didnt get nursery rhyme translated yet
[Image: vSw5M8r.png]