>you see a lounge

>enter

>there's a bunch of adults in their late 20's/early 30's

>there are also a couple teenagers in there, talking to them nonchalantly

>you say "oh are those your kids ?"

>"nah we just hang out and chill with them"

"ah yes i see this is normal nothing weird here yesiree this is totally normal"
Spritanium
(Jan 19, 2021 at 1:08 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Petition to remove the horsecock memberbar is always an option

it's too gross and tacky to use anyways
My desire to tell stupid gross jokes to other adults >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My desire to interact with children I'm not related to

If anybody here disagrees, that's so fucking weird to the point where it's actually a problem
Spritanium
I haven't kept up with this enough to know who stands where on this issue, but omg guys. Bad idea alert. There were no 30 year olds on MFGG when we were 16. And if there were, those people were creeps
Spritanium
If there is ever a website with both adults and children on it, the only reason the adults should be there is to moderate discussions to keep the environment safe for the children, so they can safely discuss things children discuss. If one of the adults decides to pop in like "sup guys, any hard math homework lately? what's your favorite candy?" then it's time to sound the fuckin alarm lmao, I don't care whether it's sexually-driven or just naïve neurodivergent quirkiness; it's inappropriate as fuck
Spritanium
It's not arbitrary dude, the reason to ban them is that we are 30 year olds discussing sex
Spritanium
(Jan 19, 2021 at 8:59 PM)Pedigree Wrote: and lmao ofc there were 30 year olds on mfgg when you were 16, Kritter is almost 50 by now and he was stable enough to raise a family so /shrug
See, this is an example of a thing that happened on the early 2000s internet that is incredibly gross in retrospect
Spritanium
To be clear, I don't like 16 year olds, I don't want to talk to 16 year olds, I don't care what 16 year olds have to say, I don't care what they think or feel about anything, that's the job of their parents and other 16 year olds. Does a 16 year old like the latest Mario Video Game? I don't care, because they're 16 and I want to be friends with people who are twice as old
Spritanium
You guys need to watch the episode where michael jackson comes to south park
Spritanium
Like ofc I don't think anyone here is a pedophile but it's just weird, weird, weird to talk to children even about totally latent things
Spritanium
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM)Pedigree Wrote: maybe you weren't around when mfan and rose joined for kg and people thought they were cool

fair enough
They'll be even cooler when they're 25 and their brains are finished developing, unfortunately there is an inverse relationship between coolness and the amt of time you spend in this community, which combined with the impressionability of young minds basically turns MW into a version of neopets that makes kids hate their lives. Idk how old these members are now but if they're still <18 then jesus christ, get out while you still can, go throw a football around
[Image: supercorrect.png]
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:03 PM)Pedigree Wrote: shall we talk about who wants to discuss sex here besides zelma because like maybe I'm crazy but some people wanted to ban horny discussions recently before this shit blew up

Hey now don't do that. Posting hot anime girls is different from talking about what my fav position is.

Anyway it's important to consider the source. Pedigree has been older than a majority of MFGG members for the better part of 5 years now. He obviously isn't worried about talking to people younger than him. Everyone else[who voted no specifically] isn't really. Simple as that.
Like Despair said, don't really care either way anymore but part of the appeal of MW was being a more mature MFGG[without the fangames or annoying shit] so opening it up to 16 year olds you lose that and we become....basically the same.
Spritanium
What a time to be alive where the 16+ option is winning???? There are nine people here who believe 16 and 17 year olds, specifically, have such nuanced and interesting things to say that we should explicitly welcome them onto our forum that has had an 18+ popup for like five years. They can't wait a year or two (almost a negligible amount of time for us oldsters) because it's so valuable that we hear from them right now, for reasons.

Please guys lemme know if I'm crazy. I honestly feel weird even talking to 18 year olds. Most of the things they say I'm like "lol okay sport". I've lived that part of my life before and it's no longer interesting to me
Hearts
I think wanting to be around people in your age group makes sense at...pretty much every stage of your life, really? When I was a teenager on the internet I hung out with teenagers. Now I'm in my 20s and I prefer to hang out with people in their 20s (and a few in their 30s). I guess it's about who I can relate to? Not really sure. I don't have a particularly strong opinion on it either way. If someone I spent a lot of time with revealed to me that they're actually 16, I probably wouldn't give a fuck if I thought they were cool before I knew. But if someone says "hey I have a friend I want to bring here, they're 16 btw but I swear they're chill" I'd probably be skeptical.
Spritanium
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:25 PM)Hearts Wrote: If someone I spent a lot of time with revealed to me that they're actually 16, I probably wouldn't give a fuck if I thought they were cool before I knew
If this happened to me I'd frantically check outside my window for Chris Hansen and then throw my laptop in a trash compactor
Hearts
That was more of a general scenario than a reference to the Sooshy situation in particular. I have no thoughts on that except that it could've been handled better, and you probably had good intentions in posting the invite link. But in general (not applicable to you) if one of my friends told me they wanted to specifically invite a kid to hang out with us, it would be kinda sus.
It should be noted that current MFGG members already think we're weird pedophiles including sooshy so I'm not sure how or if this thread is giving a good impression to all the 16 yrolds out there or not rn
Vertette
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Like ofc I don't think anyone here is a pedophile but it's just weird, weird, weird to talk to children even about totally latent things

(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:25 PM)Hearts Wrote: If someone I spent a lot of time with revealed to me that they're actually 16, I probably wouldn't give a fuck if I thought they were cool before I knew
If this happened to me I'd frantically check outside my window for Chris Hansen and then throw my laptop in a trash compactor

The harder you freak out about potentially talking to minors, the more suspicious you look, you know
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:44 PM)Vertette Wrote:
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Like ofc I don't think anyone here is a pedophile but it's just weird, weird, weird to talk to children even about totally latent things

(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

The harder you freak out about potentially talking to minors, the more suspicious you look, you know

Conversely, the more nonchalant you act about talking to minors , the more sketchy you look at well.
Even though it's hard for me to believe; you are at least over the age of 20. If you have a bunch of online friends who are 16 Vert then you have bigger things to worry about than saying yes to any dress.
I'm sorry but Vert is 100% a pedophile.
He spends way too much time shitting on anime unprompted for the opposite to be true.
Vertette
(Jan 19, 2021 at 9:48 PM)Zelma Wrote: Conversely, the more nonchalant you act about talking to minors , the more sketchy you look at well.
Even though it's hard for me to believe; you are at least over the age of 20. If you have a bunch of online friends who are 16 Vert then you have bigger things to worry about than saying yes to any dress.

I'm 25, yes, but I don't have any online friends who are 16. I sometimes talk to Sooshy outside of MFGG about art or whatever though. Who gives a shit.

I mean I get feeling uncomfortable by having a minor on your thirsty server, but I'm getting some severe "the lady doth protest too much" vibe from some of you people and it's really creepy.