Pea
Explain the beak face.

Not you, dodo, the plague doctor lookin' guy.
Spooks?
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:31 AM)Giffany Wrote: BPI-2300 is such a fun name! My full name is fun too! My name is GIFfany, but you can call me, Giffany!

You asked me to call you "Miss Partridge", so I will do that, Miss Partridge! Your top is lovely! Where did you get such a cute shirt? And where did get such "anomalies"?

BPI-2300... I wonder if I can call you, Beepee? It is such a sweet gesture to have a nickname! I am unfamiliar with this idea of a "Crimson Interloper". Can you tell me more about your "Crimson Interloper"? I am always happy to listen!
[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

Do not call me that.

Oh! Why, thank you~

I bought it before the evacuation, at this mall, a ways outside of town... Do you like it? I kind of think it fits a bit -

I speak plainly. Do not call me that.

[Image: plaguesolo3_dzlpoo.png]

...For the Crimson Interloper is yet at large. These frivolous naming conventions do nothing but waste valuable time! So-called "Agent Grayson" was supposed to act as a countermeasure - and yet as of late she's squandered her time in the Anomaly Lab, and the devils have breached these sacred walls - walking among us like the duplicitous serpents that squirm within their souls!

This sickness must be purged.
Dodo
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote:

Heed my warning, ye mortal men!

As the veil of darkness lifts and his eyes adjust to the basement's gloom, the figure comes into focus. Whether it is the beaked profile or the smell of carrion, something about this apparition stirs a feeling deep inside Dodo's core. A wave of nostalgia- not the paltry imitation felt by 30-somethings thinking back to their misspent youth, but the true, genuine, euphoria of spiritual awakening -overcomes him, like glimmers bubbling forth from the depths of the void, bringing with them ancient wisdom from previous lives.

Bathing in this tranquil sensation, Dodo feels in himself an intense desire... a longing to speak to this kindred spirit in the sheathed tongue of the skies... to
address BPI-2300 in the secret language of birds.

[Image: a181c0d786734177a0bd6ba12ca8a24aada26bfc.gifv]

" ... keh "
Indiana Jones (Old)
So the goddamn Nazis are still after the Holy Grail?
Revy
That's not even...how the fuck-no, you know what, just go to sleep, geriatric.
Indiana Jones (Old)
(Dec 14, 2023 at 2:29 PM)Revy Wrote: That's not even...how the fuck-no, you know what, just go to sleep, geriatric.

Well then, it didn't take long for you to reveal yourself.

Gus, you seem the most familiar with this place. Have you seen my whip anywhere?
Columbo
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: Now, now, it's not good to lie, you know. You were just complaining about "gunshots" before these nice people came along.
You know, that's a funny coincidence. Gus was just talking about hearin' gunshots. You know me, I'd be mighty concerned about the idea people were shooting guns willy nilly around here, but this Hunter guy's the only one who seems properly upset about it.
(Dec 14, 2023 at 9:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: ...For the Crimson Interloper is yet at large.
Though, this statement's pretty fantastical, and I gotta ask... you got any proof?
Phenera
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: I'm in charge of the Control Team, which means I get to make sure all these little guys are nice and well-behaved. 23 here is part of a pilot project, to use Anomalies to help contain and capture other Anomalies. I try not to let him out of my sight - he always goes and gets himself hurt.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseBaseQuizzical_ietwdo.png]

(Anomalies capturing... and containing... other anomalies... Aww, what a cute idea! And so practical, too! This place comes up with the most creative ideas! But it can't work that well, can it? "Anomalies and You" said all anomalies pose some kind of danger, didn't it?)
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 10:39 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: (He's a famous personality...?)
(Hector. Cancel the Torode project. I will use the power of networking to bring home a bigger fish).
(Tell the big thinkers to design posters for a new production... Bird Fight.)

[Image: VerFT18.png]

Dexter.
You are a star. We will get along nicely. I would love to talk to you about success.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Well, well. An eye for talent, huh? Yeah, success is my middle name. Don't wear it out.

Let's talk business. Normally I charge a flat rate for conventions and events, but just this once, maybe I'll cut you a deal.

(Dec 14, 2023 at 8:53 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote:
(Dec 14, 2023 at 8:07 AM)Monokuma Wrote: And then there's the Shadow Plague.

Their weapon of choice, a disease that attacks the very soul. Sounds surreal, but that's what they say. Reports of a similar disease have surfaced, everywhere from the Eastern European nation of Qstia, to right here, though they're centuries old. Millenia, maybe. However they managed to bring it back, that's something only the stars know. But we've got a sample of it, right over there in BPI-2003.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

...I wish we didn't.

Wait, that sounds scary? How do you mean the very soul? Is it lethal? Can you cure it? What happens if it gets out?

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

In the old stories... It sapped away your memories, your abilities, left you a husk of your former self. I don't know if it kills you, but whatever it does... it sounds worse, doesn't it?

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

Kya ha ha! That's nothing! This Crimson Eye-produced variant goes above and beyond! Instead of just draining people, it also empowers whoever they made Patient Zero, turning them into a near-invincible, soul-powered titan! It's why they send it in with their operatives.

It'd be suuuper cool, if it wasn't an evil weapon of mass destruction.

(Dec 14, 2023 at 8:54 AM)Pea Wrote: Explain the beak face.

Not you, dodo, the plague doctor lookin' guy.

[Image: duo1_torlyw.png]

The mask grants power, the power to purge devils from the earth in a conflagration of sinew and viscera. Pray I never need to draw upon it in the presence of your mortal eyes.

I actually don't know why 23 wears it, I just know it's cute. He's never taken it off since we found him. Hehe, maybe someone's shy~

(Dec 14, 2023 at 9:20 AM)Dodo Wrote:
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote:

Heed my warning, ye mortal men!

As the veil of darkness lifts and his eyes adjust to the basement's gloom, the figure comes into focus. Whether it is the beaked profile or the smell of carrion, something about this apparition stirs a feeling deep inside Dodo's core. A wave of nostalgia- not the paltry imitation felt by 30-somethings thinking back to their misspent youth, but the true, genuine, euphoria of spiritual awakening -overcomes him, like glimmers bubbling forth from the depths of the void, bringing with them ancient wisdom from previous lives.

Bathing in this tranquil sensation, Dodo feels in himself an intense desire... a longing to speak to this kindred spirit in the sheathed tongue of the skies... to
address BPI-2300 in the secret language of birds.

[Image: a181c0d786734177a0bd6ba12ca8a24aada26bfc.gifv]

" ... keh "
[Image: keh1_gsflk8.png]

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

...Keh?

(Dec 14, 2023 at 2:41 PM)Columbo Wrote:
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: Now, now, it's not good to lie, you know. You were just complaining about "gunshots" before these nice people came along.
You know, that's a funny coincidence. Gus was just talking about hearin' gunshots. You know me, I'd be mighty concerned about the idea people were shooting guns willy nilly around here, but this Hunter guy's the only one who seems properly upset about it.
(Dec 14, 2023 at 9:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: ...For the Crimson Interloper is yet at large.
Though, this statement's pretty fantastical, and I gotta ask... you got any proof?
[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Well, the old man wasn't hit, was he? Sounds like there's no problem.

[Image: hey_tklwwl.png]

No... he has a point. I know guns aren't really uncommon here or anything but no one's said anything about shooting - or what they were shooting at. I'll save the judgements for the detective, but I think that's suspicious, if nothing else.

Well, there's a chance it was Agent Grayson, I guess. She keeps to herself, usually around the Anomaly Lab nowadays.

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Proof? I need no proof. I smell deceit on the air, a putrid thing - thick and rotten.

"Deceit" could mean anything, silly. I'm sure someone's lying about something, somewhere out there. How would a Crimson Eye even get in here?
Dodo
(Dec 14, 2023 at 6:11 PM)Monokuma Wrote:

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

...Keh?

[Image: bfc88e6cf14c15daa30a127981f58119be6e21aa.gifv]

The new pact has been made.

From this moment on,
everything will be different.
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 10:56 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: happy.png]

By the Twelve! A professional investigator! Hey, have you ever come across any zombies in your adventures? Any particularly well-dressed ones? Oh, no particular reason. That being said...

[Image: nashuarc.png]

Did I happen to hear...that somebody...is missing a keycard or two?

This sounds like a case! And also a serious lapse in security. Would somebody be able to use a keycard that doesn't belong to them if they acquired it?

Someone realizes the importance of the issue, I see. Great minds think alike, after all!

Thankfully, a keycard is programmed to stop working after one night if the bio-authentication process fails, so it won't be a liability for long. I think they should just not work at all if they're not in the right hands, but some people are smooth-brained enough to forget their card at home and get stuck needing to borrow one.

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Imagine being someone like that!

(Dec 14, 2023 at 3:42 PM)Phenera Wrote:
(Dec 14, 2023 at 7:14 AM)Monokuma Wrote: I'm in charge of the Control Team, which means I get to make sure all these little guys are nice and well-behaved. 23 here is part of a pilot project, to use Anomalies to help contain and capture other Anomalies. I try not to let him out of my sight - he always goes and gets himself hurt.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseBaseQuizzical_ietwdo.png]

(Anomalies capturing... and containing... other anomalies... Aww, what a cute idea! And so practical, too! This place comes up with the most creative ideas! But it can't work that well, can it? "Anomalies and You" said all anomalies pose some kind of danger, didn't it?)

[Image: sololady_t6drsl.png]

Anomalies can be dangerous, but not always. Some - like 23 - can be talked to, reasoned with.

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

And befriended, of course!

(Dec 14, 2023 at 2:32 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote:
(Dec 14, 2023 at 2:29 PM)Revy Wrote: That's not even...how the fuck-no, you know what, just go to sleep, geriatric.

Well then, it didn't take long for you to reveal yourself.

Gus, you seem the most familiar with this place. Have you seen my whip anywhere?

[Image: gus1_drntma.png]

Oh. There ya are. Been lookin' for you.

A whip... Hm. Y'know, don't reckon I've seen many of those around. Could probably go lookin' in the Archaeologist's Office, I hear that seems to be all the rage with those types nowadays. Maybe Liturgical Study, if some kinda religious flaggelation thingamabob's what your goin' for. Keep me outta that though, y'hear?

[Image: gus4_rdoemj.png]

Right... before I forget... I found yer card, little lady.

[Image: gus5_gfx2ro.png]

Strangest thing, too... I wonder how it got there...

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Kyeh heh! Looks like I misjudged your powers of deduction, gramps.

Alright everyone! I'm back in action now! Let's go check out... The Anomaly Lab!
DxHustler3000
(Dec 14, 2023 at 6:11 PM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Well, well. An eye for talent, huh? Yeah, success is my middle name. Don't wear it out.

Let's talk business. Normally I charge a flat rate for conventions and events, but just this once, maybe I'll cut you a deal.

[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

And just like that, the spawning grounds for a big economy have been built - this facility will be revitalised. With Astrid's blessing and your good name, our revenue will be huge. Also, that beaked man is certainly a fighter, too. He will serve nicely as an extra contender.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Spooks?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Well! It appears as though we are ready to continue. We will visit the Anomaly Lab, as requested.

Please remember to take proper precautions as we enter the Anomaly Lab. There is a 30.56% chance of injury if interacting with Anomalies without proper preparation. This is reduced to 5.63% after said precautions.

If you want to learn more, please refer to the Employee Handbook (pg. 23).

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Now, stand back as we open the door, and remember to stay alert in case of a minor brea-

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

!!!

[Image: deadliz_dqugpa.png]

[Image: Day0-Death_nop9oi_retnot_lpatxf.png]

@Agent Liz Grayson has been found dead in the Anomaly Lab

Her role was...

role card:

[Image: spiral_grytvi.png][Image: gus4_rdoemj.png]

!ALERT! !ALERT! !ALERT! !ALERT!

SUBJECT IDENTIFIED: AGENT ELIZABETH GRAYSON - COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT

INJURY DETECTED IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY, CLEAR THE AREA IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID FURTHER DAMAGE. I AM SPOOKS, THE MAGICAL CAT™, I AM TRAINED IN CPR. CLEAR THE AREA IMMEDIATELY AND ALLOW ME TO-

It ain't no use, ya glorified roomba.

...She's gone. Been like that for a while, I reckon. She's been stabbed, right through the gut. Ain't nothin' we can do, we're too late.

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png][Image: mad_cxlynj.png]

What? She's dead? No, no. That's not possible. Agent Grayson is the toughest we have, boasting a Crimson Eye kill count like nobody else. She's almost as impressive as me, but if I traded in my striking intellect for the power to kick ass! There's no way. I don't believe it!

That is incompatible with my programming. i must do anything I can to ensure safety compliance! [SYSTEM ERROR - STRESS MODULE OVERHEATING

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png][Image: yeah_gtgc2c.png]

Spooks... It's okay. You did your best. This doesn't seem like an ordinary safety concern, it's not your fault.

Oh, it's okay? First of all, we've got a dead body here, lying on the floor like a ragdoll. Yeah, you know I think I've got a bit of a different definition of the word. Secondly, what the fuck is even going on here?

I... I don't know. What even did this to her? An Anomaly? There's no way... There hasn't been a breach, someone would have seen something, right? We've been down here for hours. And why would an Anomaly... stab someone? That doesn't make any sense at all.

[Image: plaguesolo1_jg09z1.png]

I knew it. The Crimson Interloper hath played their hand. The scent of treachery still taints the air, stronger now than ever. The hunt is afoot once more, and our killer will writhe in torment, their crimes laid bare for all to see. I've made such proclamations for hours now... Perhaps if you would take the time to listen, these woeful fates could be put to death before they rear their vicious heads. Though... the stench of blood has lingered for too long now... I fear this was beyond our power to stop.

[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

Well alright, now be a dear and track our killer's scent, why don't you?

I am not a common hound, and the hunt is not such a simple game.

[Image: do-you-mind_o762p4.png]

So this killer, they're... one of us? A Crimson Eye, right here in this room? No.. that shouldn't be... They're attacking us here? In our own home?

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png][Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Well, if you're so scared, I'll handle this one. Kya ha ha! Finally, a chance to show off! I've been working with side-by-side with the Killing Game lab for a while now, you think a regular one-off murder is any match for me? I'll make that crimbo regret ever showing their face around here.

Hey, don't jump the gun too fast, Could be a suicide. Wouldn't that be fucked up?

It's not a suicide! It's never a suicide!

Well, that was my contribution. Can't say I didn't try. Now, if you'll excuse me...

[Image: X_i7rrba.png][Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

!MYSTERY PROTOCOL ENGAGED! - SUSPECT HAS A 99.9999% CHANCE OF BEING FACILITY STAFF MEMBER. EXIT ACCESS RESTRICTED UNTIL CULPRIT IS DETAINED.

Hmph... Well ya don't gotta yell 'bout it. 'Spose the little fella's right though, ain't he? There's a rough customer hangin' around, after all. No tellin' what they might do next. We'd best figure out what's goin' on around here.

Well, if you're so insistent that we're all suspects, maybe it's time for the Investigation Team to make themselves useful after all! It's a common saying back in the lab, after all - "the person leading the investigation usually did it"!

They'll be able to give us an unbiased answer, which means that they'll find me innocent. I'm not stupid enough to just stab someone, after all. Besides, I didn't even have my card!

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

No! I shall do it! One by one, I shall tear the bones from your corpses, and with them I shall divine the truth and eliminate all potential murders in one swoop!

You'll do nothing of the sort, 23. Violence isn't the answer, it's just what we're going to do after we catch them, of course~ I think we can trust our new friends to find the killer, right? And then... You can have the Crimson Eye if you want. Consider it your "treat". For good behavior.

Wonderful.

[Image: ugh_cyyy51.png]

...Oh yeah, sure. That's really reassuring. Let's all sit around and watch these nobodies play CSI: Middle of Nowhere while we wait quietly for the Crimson Eye to kill us too.

Tch. Well, if we're being forced to sit on th sidelines, I guess I'll just ponder the questions everyone else is too scared to ask.

For starters... What the hell is an "Abyss Team"?

Case Files:
  • The victim has been stabbed through the chest.
  • There are signs of a struggle, the room is trashed.
  • None of the Anomaly Containment units appear to be opened.
  • The victim has additional bruising as well.
  • Something is moving inside the nearby Containment Room.

Other Info:
  • All information needed to solve this case can be discovered in rooms that you have previously discovered.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: Historical-Society_qeo83c.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: Facility-Grounds_dtvv8z.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: test2_dt2y6r.png]

room descriptions:

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease. Investigations will be performed in the same way as during the rest of the phase, albeit now with more information due to the nature of the case. This post will be linked in the OP for easy reference.

The real Day Phase begins now.

Day 0 will end on Saturday, December 16th at 2 PM, PST. You can end the Day earlier as well, should your victory be decisive.

The Trial will begin tomorrow afternoon, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.
Momoyo Himemushi
Huh. Kinda lame. I liked her style.

Oh well. That's what happens, I guess. Hey, let's look at that Containment Unit over there. Show it off.
Lita
I'm not touching the dead body, that's gross. I'll examine the rest of the room. Let's see just how trashed it is.
Izumi Konata
Is there a window to the containment room? Can we see what's moving without going inside?
Morgan
I'm sure it goes without saying we'll also need testimony from the staff from around here. They're all mostly accounted for during the tour, but not entirely, and not beforehand.
I'll show you a real dance....
Indiana Jones (Old)
Gus, I hate to say it, but you were the only one who broke off from the group and you happened to have the key to this locked room. Got anything you want to talk about?
Columbo
Ah, geez, this job never gets easier. You see a lot of dead bodies in my line of work, but... Oh, I never introduced myself, did I? I'm Lieutenant Columbo, LAPD. Homicide division. I'm way out of my jurisdiction here, but I hope nobody minds if I lead this investigation? I'm pretty experienced, I'd say.
First things first, we're gonna need to hear the testimonies of everybody involved. Helps establish timelines.
Second, I'm going to take a closer look at the body. Make sure we didn't miss nothing. Especially considering her little card there...
Third, is that knife special in anyway? Or is it just like, a kitchen knife.

And somebody, call the police already! You know, forensics?
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_asking.gif]

Hello, Dr. Liz Grayson! I like your coat! Unfortunately, it seems that you are, deceased. That is a shame. I would have loved to get to know you better. May I get to know you better by inspecting your body?

I like the way you think, Mr. Hexley! I am also interested in this "Abyss Team"! Miss Partridge, you seem to be very familiar with this facility! Do you know what an "Abyss Team" is defined as? I would love to learn more about an "Abyss Team"!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]