Raregold
Examine the body to see if the murder weapon is present.
Check to see if there are any blood trails/drops leading away from the body
Morgan
Quick addendum, could Lyra take a look at the access card? She mentioned the biometric link earlier, it would be good to know if it actually belonged to Greyson.
I'll show you a real dance....
Revy
Pfft, some living legend she was if she went out face-down like a bitch. Remind me to raise a glass for this "Crimson Interloper" for livening things up a bit, finallly.

You all can put on your pipes and magnifying glasses and go in circles looking for prints until your heads spin, but if it's one of these science dweebs and this is nothing more than some glorified workplace disagreement, then I fail to see how this is my damn problem. That being said, I'm gonna take a look at how much green is in her wallet. She might not be going to a better place, but that cash sure is.

[EDIT]: Maybe I can see if this clown's got any ID on her, while I'm at it. Wouldn't be as funny if this is just a double.
Jack of Spades
[Image: e0541ad6e3a6bdfbce563765693ca40de6869be3.pnj]

Yikes.

Don't suppose you folks have any corpse-doppelganger anomalies housed here?
Dodo
[Image: dcb3cdab26c56e434d7906a4a04e2a4e1bb2b92d.gifv]

" ... "

[Image: 4650501dbc18fd73a34098073ba4524f228b67ee.gifv]

[Image: 3633b04e8262e22a70143cb46d287068599ee719.pnj]

Also check the general setup of the room the body was found in. Is there any surveillance equipment in this sensitive area of the facility? If not, peck the person most likely responsible for this gross negligence.
Kright
[Image: f6095fe5100d030142c02c495cc31d1c418b4a43.pnj]

Yikes! I guess the investigation begins! I thought we were here for a disappearance... but it seems something more fowl is at hand!
What a scoop!

My gut feeling is the cat is right and it has to be someone we already met. Its only been a few hours since we've met everyone though... but i'm glad we are all jumping to the same ideas of reviewing the body, the room, and what the murder weapon might be.

Reviewing what we know...

- Liz Grayson died in a locked room ( The Anomaly Lab ) that needed key card access...
- It seems on first look she was stabbed in the gut with little struggle.
- The card was found by Gus, after Lyra lost it earlier today.
- Liz Grayson was apart of something called 'The Abyss Team'
- Then the killer sounds to be a part of a rival group called the Crimson Eye
Columbo
Gus, where did you find that card, anyway?
Spooks?
(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:26 AM)Lita Wrote: I'm not touching the dead body, that's gross. I'll examine the rest of the room. Let's see just how trashed it is.
You examine the rest of the room. Some of the desks and chairs are knocked over, and various papers are strewn around. Nothing is destroyed at least, besides one smashed computer monitor. A monitor next to it is displaying a red glow, curiously. It doesn't seem to respond when you try to press buttons or move the mouse.

(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:30 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Gus, I hate to say it, but you were the only one who broke off from the group and you happened to have the key to this locked room. Got anything you want to talk about?
[Image: gus5_gfx2ro.png]

...Can't say I do, bein' honest. I split off to look for the little lady's card, true enough, but I didn't see hide or hair of nobody. I took the elevator up, then came back the shuttle way, hence findin' the card on that platform.

I hope you're not thinkin' I killed the poor lady. I have to clean up enough bloodstains as it is, ho ho.

(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:32 AM)Columbo Wrote: Ah, geez, this job never gets easier. You see a lot of dead bodies in my line of work, but... Oh, I never introduced myself, did I? I'm Lieutenant Columbo, LAPD. Homicide division. I'm way out of my jurisdiction here, but I hope nobody minds if I lead this investigation? I'm pretty experienced, I'd say.
First things first, we're gonna need to hear the testimonies of everybody involved. Helps establish timelines.
Second, I'm going to take a closer look at the body. Make sure we didn't miss nothing. Especially considering her little card there...
Third, is that knife special in anyway? Or is it just like, a kitchen knife.

And somebody, call the police already! You know, forensics?
(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:32 AM)Giffany Wrote: [Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_asking.gif]

Hello, Dr. Liz Grayson! I like your coat! Unfortunately, it seems that you are, deceased. That is a shame. I would have loved to get to know you better. May I get to know you better by inspecting your body?
Columbo and Giffany inspect the body, though it's pretty clear that the former is putting in more heavy lifting in that regard. Without a full autopsy, you're a bit limited, but you can figure out what you can. She is pretty badly bruised though, especially on her head. You turn over her body, and find that there is no knife still stuck in her. Examining the wound though, it becomes clear that it is not a kitchen knife, but some kind of curved blade, like a dagger.

The body appears to have been dead since at last night, and definitely didn't die during your time at the facility.

(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:36 AM)Raregold Wrote: Check to see if there are any blood trails/drops leading away from the body
There are no meaningful blood trails around the body, just splatter.

(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:42 AM)Morgan Wrote: Quick addendum, could Lyra take a look at the access card? She mentioned the biometric link earlier, it would be good to know if it actually belonged to Greyson.
Lyra takes the card and gives it a once-over. She taps it on the Anomaly Lab door, and it seems to work with no issues. She shrugs, handing it back.

[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

This doesn't look like a stolen card, if that's what you're thinking. It still works, at least.
Jack of Spades
Hey Lyra, as the residential anomaly expert, do you know of anything with claws that can make a wound like this? Otherwise, we should check the museum hall for something with a curved blade.
Columbo
Jackson's got the Museum Hall, I'll follow other leads. Maybe the Archeologist's Office or the Killing Game Lab for where that curved blade might've came from?

And hey, Spooks, mind helping me search the Shuttle Line? Station 1 and 2, we can just look around and check the trash or something, but I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt on the tracks. Too much blood already.
Lita
First I'll fiddle around with the red computer. Is there anything about it other than glowing red? Can I use the access card on it? Turn it off and on again?

Then I'll make a quick jump over to the Armory. Are any curved daggers missing?
Morgan
Two questions; Are there any bullet holes in the room where Grayson's body is, and can you hear gunshots from out at the garden from all the way down there?
I'll show you a real dance....
Columbo
Add digging around in the Fountain to my to-do list.
Giffany
If my memory is correct, I believe somebody said that the fountain outside has been broken since last night. If Dr. Liz Grayson died last night... What do you think? Could this be a coincidence?

I will investigate the fountain more closely and see what can be found! Anybody else is welcome to join me as well! I think a fountain is so pretty when it is operational!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Pea
(Dec 15, 2023 at 4:30 AM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

This doesn't look like a stolen card, if that's what you're thinking. It still works, at least.

What do you mean by "look like a stolen card"? Is there a way to find out about its usage history?
Jack of Spades
(Dec 15, 2023 at 4:50 AM)Columbo Wrote: Jackson's got the Museum Hall

[Image: 69401e80651bae6b445c79c1e49fbf6b04fb764c.pnj]

It's Doctor Jackson, detective!
Columbo
(Dec 15, 2023 at 5:15 AM)Jack of Spades Wrote: [Image: 69401e80651bae6b445c79c1e49fbf6b04fb764c.pnj]

It's Doctor Jackson, detective!
Oh, my apologizes ma'am. Doctor Jackson's already on the case.
Dodo
I guess while I'm down here with the body, I will also further examine the bloodstains.

*Judging by the illustration, there is a lot of blood on the door. What's the shape? Is it more of a splatter or a smear?
*Does the amount/spread/shape of the blood match what one would expect from a stabbing?
*What shape and size are the bruises on the body?
*AFAIK there is a notable difference between bruises sustained while alive vs. while dead. How do these bruises look in that regard?
Spooks?
(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:24 AM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: Huh. Kinda lame. I liked her style.

Oh well. That's what happens, I guess. Hey, let's look at that Containment Unit over there. Show it off.
(Dec 15, 2023 at 3:28 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Is there a window to the containment room? Can we see what's moving without going inside?

You approach the Containment Room. The little info panel on the side appears to be cracked, but thankfully there is a window. You peek in to examine BPI-2101...

[Image: W1fTAI2.png]

Aw, yeah! Finally! Someone who can help!

[Image: 0cMdDU9.png]

Dudes, I've got no idea what happened. I just remember waking up in here, totally stuck. I can't seem to get this bogus door open either. Man, what the hell's a "2101" anyway? Look bro, I just wanna go home.

[Image: VTMBCdy.png]

And you guys might just be my ticket out! Talk about luck! Here I thought I was done for.

The name's Trip, I'm a cameraman! Or... I was a cameraman anyway. Now I'm on TV! Is that cool or what?

[Image: trip_butphq.png]

[Image: oi7vngj.png]

...You'll get me outta here, right? I don't even know if I'll get any food, man. I'm starving. I could really go for a pizza....

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Oh, you're fucking kidding me, right? Not this two-bit wannabe hack. You're keeping that asshole in there, got it?
Pea
Hey, how's it going?