Jack of Spades
Let's see...

When I woke up, I saw the dog BPI-3550 in it's room right away. I was just stopping by on to Anomaly lab to report to Dr Lyra. She asked me to go do some work in Counter-Terrorism tonight. Roxie walks in from Lab Passage as I finish up with Dr Lyra, and we continue on to the Anomaly Lab, where Bradimir is looking at a fish.

I headed to Counter-Terrorism like Dr Lyra asked, and Dodo is outside writing stuff down. He keeps looking at me like I got bird seeds stuck to my coat. He follows me to counter-terrorism and I leave for the lobby. The dog is here now, and he's very pettable. Next I went and got this swanky Pipe of Deduction out of it's display case so no one could just hide it on us. Lucky us!

[Image: 6a492d4dbd5fa1ce263c07472c2068a6f8b42327.pnj]

Next was the Arboretum̶̞̠͍͎̒W̵̡͛ḥ̴͝y̴̲̓ ̴̖̕ȉ̷̝s̴͙̉ ̶̜͐t̸͇̒h̵̦̿a̴̜͊t̵̓ͅ ̶̥̇s̵͉̾o̴͈͑ ̸̞͘h̸̼͌a̵̖͗r̵̲̈́d̸̖̓ ̸͚̊t̴̔͜o̷̫̓ ̷̩̒ṣ̶͋p̵̳̿e̵̹͐ĺ̶̞l̷͚͋ ̴̰̽ë̵͜v̶̗̀ȇ̶ͅŗ̶͋ÿ̴͉́ ̶͉͠t̴̼̀i̵̟͌m̵̞͘ẹ̶̈́?̴͈̃?̷̢̈́?̶̡̽w̴̎̎̈́͝ͅhere I finally got the file on the Wall of Thorns. Slightly redacted, of course, if that interests any endangered, feathered friends. Over at the boathouse, I see Pea talking to Lyra and Dexter. Pea leaves and Remy comes up which makes Dexter leave. Smells like drama. I saw the door open, so I just walked inside to look around, and that psycho Lily comes in to collect the gasoline she intends to poor on me just moments later.

So, I headed to the Sleep Lab, I lie down, and Psycho Lily comes in with the gas cans. Morgan's getting outta there, but Ciel isn't having any of it, so she comes to our rescue and decks Lily in the head. Konata comes in for our group nap, and then eventually Phenera shows up. Late. Ciel watches over everything as we go to sleep.
Columbo
Does Rookie Journalist's mug looks like any of the other mugs we've seen?
And is Scooby-Doo like, hand drawn or some kind of official print job?
Phenera
Can we grab some meat from the Kitchen and bring it to fair BPI-3550, to gauge how it reacts? Does the dog show an interest in meat at all? If so, is it devouring it ravenously or, like, just kind of nibbling or what?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:04 PM)Columbo Wrote: Does Rookie Journalist's mug looks like any of the other mugs we've seen?
And is Scooby-Doo like, hand drawn or some kind of official print job?
You examine Scooby-Doo. His stupid, gormless face stares back at you from the mug. He does look to be officially printed though, it is not a paint job.

It somewhat resembles some other mugs you have seen, but none of them specifically had Scooby-Doo on them. It is a fairly generic mug beyond that.
Dodo
Just woke up with one of those stupid trailing thoughts in my head that usually lead nowhere.

Examine the crusty rag in more detail.
It's not crusty because it happens to be covered in bird shit, is it?
Mr. Scratch
The writer doesn't consent, but I do! Let me show off his stupid Christmas present.
Phenera
Anything to close a lead off, can we check the underground bathrooms to ensure no bleach is missing?
Izumi Konata
Check all the downstairs bathrooms, see if they have bleach or anything
Columbo
Anything amiss in the downstairs bathrooms? The ones in the orange zone.
Ciel
Can I get lyra to compare the bleach portion of the goose mixture to the partially drained bleach from the boiler room?

EDIT: Can I do the same check with the vinegar in the mixture and compare it against the the clearly disturbed vinegar from the kitchen and also the vinegar from Jonsohn Smithy's bottomless beer bottle?
Dr. Niles Crane
To add to the rag investigation - are there any similar rags to this in the kitchen (ideally never used or recently washed)? Are they as crusty as the one used to strangle the Goose?

If possible, test by getting a rag wet and leaving it for a while - does it start to feel similar to the crusty rag?
Columbo
Would the amount of vinegar missing from the Kitchen and the amount of bleach missing from the Boiler Room fit into a water bottle, like the one missing from the Kitchen? Assume a bit of leeway for the reaction.
Dodo
Does the art studio anomaly in the anomaly lab stock enigma paint?
Phenera
Does entering the chapel and/or splashing myself with holy water fix my fishy odor or leg issues?
Spooks?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:11 PM)Phenera Wrote: Can we grab some meat from the Kitchen and bring it to fair BPI-3550, to gauge how it reacts? Does the dog show an interest in meat at all? If so, is it devouring it ravenously or, like, just kind of nibbling or what?
You take some raw beef from the Kitchen, then take it to BPI-3550. You toss the meat at its feet.

[Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

It begins to hungrily eat the meat, though not in a way unusual for a large dog.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:37 PM)Dodo Wrote: Just woke up with one of those stupid trailing thoughts in my head that usually lead nowhere.

Examine the crusty rag in more detail.
It's not crusty because it happens to be covered in bird shit, is it?
You examine the crusty rag. It is DEFINITELY not a shitrag, it just smells kind of musty, like dishwater. It is stained as well, and in generally poor condition.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:45 PM)Mr. Scratch Wrote: The writer doesn't consent, but I do! Let me show off his stupid Christmas present.
Alan Wake shows off a Spider-Man webshooter, with one canister of web fluid. He doesn't look happy about having to show it off.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:48 PM)Phenera Wrote: Anything to close a lead off, can we check the underground bathrooms to ensure no bleach is missing?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:48 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check all the downstairs bathrooms, see if they have bleach or anything
You check the bathrooms downstairs - they DO have bleach and other cleaning supplies, but they are completely full and untouched.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:48 PM)Columbo Wrote: Anything amiss in the downstairs bathrooms? The ones in the orange zone.
You check the Bathrooms beyond that check, but you only see that a stall door is open. Whether that's weird or not is up to you, chief.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 8:54 PM)Ciel Wrote: Can I get lyra to compare the bleach portion of the goose mixture to the partially drained bleach from the boiler room?

EDIT: Can I do the same check with the vinegar in the mixture and compare it against the the clearly disturbed vinegar from the kitchen and also the vinegar from Jonsohn Smithy's bottomless beer bottle?
[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Kyahaha, Astrid might be all pumped up over "magic", but now it's time for the REAL magic! Chemical analysis!

Lyra removes some vials from her lab coat, and begins mixing the two samples of bleach with a strange liquid. The result, she exclaims, is that the Boiler Room bleach is identical to the bleach in the Goose Juice.

She does the same with the Vinegar. It appears to be a match to the Kitchen Vinegar, but not Jonsohn Smithy's.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 9:03 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: To add to the rag investigation - are there any similar rags to this in the kitchen (ideally never used or recently washed)? Are they as crusty as the one used to strangle the Goose?

If possible, test by getting a rag wet and leaving it for a while - does it start to feel similar to the crusty rag?
There are several very similar dishrags in this kitchen, some of which are clean. The clean ones aren't as crusty. There are some crusty old dishrags in here anyway though.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 9:13 PM)Columbo Wrote: Would the amount of vinegar missing from the Kitchen and the amount of bleach missing from the Boiler Room fit into a water bottle, like the one missing from the Kitchen? Assume a bit of leeway for the reaction.
You do not think the two volumes of the missing substances would fit together in the same bottle, and in fact you think that if you mixed both chemicals together in a water bottle, it would melt through the plastic.
Columbo
It doesn't all fit in Rookie Journalist's mug, does it?
Dr. Niles Crane
Does the mug smell of anything or seem used in any way?

Are any containers missing from the lounge, kitchen, cafeteria or break room? (Or Locker Room/Leisure Centre too I suppose)
Jack of Spades
What's that glass that Alan Wake saw last night? By the shuttle? Does the glass smell of anything?
Riki
Broken glass... Riki forgot again. Where glass? Glass have chemical scent?

Cafeteria chloroform poison bottle, also maybe container for bleach or vinegar? Check both.
Dr. Niles Crane
Could I check with Dex as best I can what the timing was between me and him heading out to the shore and the boat trip starting/ending? Was the boat heading back or heading out to the lake at the time? Can others who were there (i.e. Lyra) corroborate?