[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Columbo
Compare Ruby's bruises to if she was slammed into bookshelves or books. Library stuff.
Revy
I'm also going to slam Ruby's overcooked corpse against the Counterterrorism wall and have Tinkaton confirm if it was the same banging she heard or not.
Roxie Richter
I'll show the Access Card I used to free Trip, since people seem really concerned about that.
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Riki
Riki sniff sniff Ruby trail. Smell mix with 1946? Not sure if Goose make char... big big fire make smell hard? Want check victim against 1946 smell, for sure.

After, sniff Gus lockbox, Gus key. Hom Homs lots of ideas for Riki...
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:02 PM)Lita Wrote: Examine the dynamite in detail. How long is the fuse? Is the casing cracked on any of them?

Also examine the groups of dynamite in detail. Do any of them have wires that might lead off into detonators or anywhere else? Are they in fair or at least working condition?

Finally I want to, if at all possible, examine the emergency exit hatch of the shuttle. I am willing to get banged up for this if it requires climbing into the remains. Aside from the explosion which obviously damaged it, is there anything unusual about it that I could tell?

Are there any blasting caps missing?

Look for any missing radios in the gate houses or in the boiler room as these are the most likely places I think you would find handheld radios, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
You examine the dynamite the Explosive Storage. The fuses are quite long in most cases, though you think the fuses could be easily cut. The casing isn't cracked, but the dynamite is very filthy and dusty.

You pick up a dynamite bundle next, turning it over in your hand. It looks like a cluster of the dynamite, tied together with twine. Most of these have regular fuses, but some of them have wires to connect to the blasting caps. You think they would work.

You approach the ruins of the Shuttle and examine the emergency exit hatch. This hatch is situated on the roof, on the end of the shuttle that sustained the blast. It appears to be mangled by the explosion. The door to the hatch has been blown off, and is lying nearby. There is nothing unusual about it that you can tell, though it is very damaged and hard to examine.

You cannot tell if any blasting caps are missing.

You find one set of two-way radios in each gate house, hooked up to their chargers. None are missing.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:07 PM)Columbo Wrote: How's our mystery metal compare to the blasting caps in that explosives room I've heard so much about?
You take a small piece of the metal and compare it to the blasting caps. The metal is nearly identical, though it is burned and twisted.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:12 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I'm gonna take the flashlight and try to see if I can find where the mannequin might have gone in the forest
You take your flashlight and enter the Black Forest. Even in the daylight, it is dark and gloomy. You wander for a while, but aren't able to find anything even with the flashlight.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:21 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki sniff sniff weird metal on boom boom track. Aluminum? Then sniff blasting caps in Mines. Scent trail?

Heropon know less important, but pick up Trip scent in Director's Office? Want find Trip... for sake of friends' lives. Very very bad things run around!
Riki puts the pig mask back on, and sniffs the metal on the tracks. Then, he goes to the mines and sniffs the blasting caps. He gives a grunt of affirmation, these two are identical - though the blasting cap seems to have been taken a good while ago, as it doesn't smell like the Explosive Storage, which has a gunpowder scent in the air.

You enter the Director's Office and take a sniff. It smells nothing like the Trip room.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:43 PM)Columbo Wrote: Compare Ruby's bruises to if she was slammed into bookshelves or books. Library stuff.
You inspect Ruby's corpse, taking her to the Library. You can't really tell if these bruises were caused by the bookshelves, as they are similar to shelving in Counter-Terrorism, but it doesn't look like she was beaten with books.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:52 PM)Revy Wrote: I'm also going to slam Ruby's overcooked corpse against the Counterterrorism wall and have Tinkaton confirm if it was the same banging she heard or not.
Revy takes Ruby back downstairs and begins slamming her into the walls and against the furniture violently. Tinkaton has received these memory results privately.
Columbo
Anybody mind if I just grab 1946's file from the Anomaly Records?
Izumi Konata
What type of blast caps are? Are they remote detonatable or what
Morgan
I'm gonna take some Mining Tools and try and clear the debris from the Somatic Seal room. Are there any holes in there? or anything out of place (besides the rubble?) Also can we check the Locker Room?
I'll show you a real dance....
Riki
S-sniff sniff... Momoyo room. Maybe sniff sniff dead Momoyo too... probably only smell boom and rot. Try just in case...

Morgan say sniff sniff him and sniff sniff room, same with Konata. Do separately! Both still alive, so no bad smell. Should check out, no explodey scent?
Izumi Konata
Spooks, do you know if the CCTVs can be hacked or something? Or show inaccurate info at all?
Columbo
What's the absolute longest amount of time we could take to detonate one of those bundles with a blasting cap?
Dr. Niles Crane
This may be a stupid question, and may have already been answered, so I apologise if so - if a blasting cap is used, does the dynamite have to be in a bundle? Or can it still be laid out flat (assuming the cap itself isn't too large for the shuttle to pass over)?
Columbo
(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:13 PM)Spooks? Wrote: Revy takes Ruby back downstairs and begins slamming her into the walls and against the furniture violently. Tinkaton has received these memory results privately.
I don't think this should, but this sound anything like what you heard last night, Miss Nancy?
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:15 PM)Columbo Wrote: Anybody mind if I just grab 1946's file from the Anomaly Records?
You enter the Anomaly Records and pull out BPI-1946's file...

It's… covered in blood, nearly unreadable. All you can make out is that it seems to be related to the Crimson Eye, some kind of artificial construct. There is a photo attached, which seems to look like a smooth, featureless, completely black human body.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:20 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: What type of blast caps are? Are they remote detonatable or what
It looks like all the blasting caps seem to be wire-based, and are not able to be detonated remotely. You would need to detonate them from relatively close by.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:50 PM)Morgan Wrote: I'm gonna take some Mining Tools and try and clear the debris from the Somatic Seal room. Are there any holes in there? or anything out of place (besides the rubble?) Also can we check the Locker Room?
You grab a small jackhammer and pickaxe from the Geology Lab and set to work excavating the Somatic Seal. You manage to clear enough of the doorway to get a decent look at the floor. It doesn't look like there's any holes or anything out of place.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:08 PM)Riki Wrote: S-sniff sniff... Momoyo room. Maybe sniff sniff dead Momoyo too... probably only smell boom and rot. Try just in case...

Morgan say sniff sniff him and sniff sniff room, same with Konata. Do separately! Both still alive, so no bad smell. Should check out, no explodey scent?
You sniff Momoyo's room, snorting piggishly. There are a variety of smells in here, though. Mostly smells like dirt. Momoyo's body however largely smells of gunpowder and death.

You sniff Morgan and Morgan's room. He doesn't smell like anything out of place. Konata and her room both reek of alcohol.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:10 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Spooks, do you know if the CCTVs can be hacked or something? Or show inaccurate info at all?
[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

[ERROR] - The Closed-Circuit Television system displays a live stream of the events captured by the camera. It is impossible to modify without direct access to the required equipment on either end of the system at the exact time of playback.
Dodo
I'd like to sample the 1946 file. Lick the blood. Does it taste like secrets?
Morgan
Is there anything in Shuttle Station 2 or the Shuttle Car itself like a detonator or a plunger? Also any loose wiring that seems like it could have been rigged to a detonator.
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:11 PM)Columbo Wrote: What's the absolute longest amount of time we could take to detonate one of those bundles with a blasting cap?
You don't think you could take a particularly long time to blow up the dynamite with the blasting gap, you believe that it would probably be an instantaneous explosion at the time of activation.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:14 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: This may be a stupid question, and may have already been answered, so I apologise if so - if a blasting cap is used, does the dynamite have to be in a bundle? Or can it still be laid out flat (assuming the cap itself isn't too large for the shuttle to pass over)?
It looks like you could still break up the dynamite bundle with the blasting cap attached and lie it down on the tracks flat. All you would have to do is cut the twine.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:32 PM)Columbo Wrote:
(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:13 PM)Spooks? Wrote: Revy takes Ruby back downstairs and begins slamming her into the walls and against the furniture violently. Tinkaton has received these memory results privately.
I don't think this should, but this sound anything like what you heard last night, Miss Nancy?
[Image: sololady_t6drsl.png]

Hmm, you know, that actually does sound about right. Did I walk past the murder? That's awfully gruesome...

(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:01 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki sniff sniff Ruby trail. Smell mix with 1946? Not sure if Goose make char... big big fire make smell hard? Want check victim against 1946 smell, for sure.

After, sniff Gus lockbox, Gus key. Hom Homs lots of ideas for Riki...
You smell Ruby. While she is burned, she also smells of blood. She does not however smell anything like BPI-1946's containment room, which has an odd ozone smell to it.

You sniff Gus' lockbox. It doesn't smell like anything. Neither does the key, really.
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:46 PM)Dodo Wrote: I'd like to sample the 1946 file. Lick the blood. Does it taste like secrets?
You take BPI-1946's file from Columbo and give it a big lick.

Bleh. Tastes like bloody paper. No delicious censor bars here.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:47 PM)Morgan Wrote: Is there anything in Shuttle Station 2 or the Shuttle Car itself like a detonator or a plunger? Also any loose wiring that seems like it could have been rigged to a detonator.
You don't notice a detonator or a plunger at the stations or on the car. There is loose wiring around the wreckage, though it may be from the shuttle itself.
Columbo
Give 2003's room a thorough once over. We're missin' somethin' here.
Lita
I go outside to Momoyo's ditch and look around. Is there any signs of anything disturbed? Other than dirt, of course.