Columbo
Can we tell if anybody's been sleeping in the rooms of the deceased? Jack's should be a good comparison.
Spooks?
(Mar 3, 2024 at 6:17 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Spooks, do the crystals from the mines get picked up by your magnet?
[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Negative, but as the crystals located in the [SITE DESIGNATION: WHISPER VALLEY MINES] are either harboring or exposed to increased levels of the elements commonly referred to as "Esotera", I would have been able to locate them utilizing my scanning mechanisms.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 6:17 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki want to see where big flowy river end in Mine. Crystal at bottom there?
You float down the river like a jackass again. You notice that most things placed in the river can go to either the Crystal Cave or the Explosive Storage, depending on sheer chance. You end up in the Exposive Storage, but you don't notice a crystal, even after kicking around in the dirty water.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 6:33 AM)The Thing that Lives Beneath Wrote: I would like to head from the mine to the nearest part of the forest, seeing if there's anything unusual along the way
I would also like to inspect Whisper Valley Archives and the Anomaly Hall for anything out of place, if this has not been done already.
You walk from the Mine Shaft to the Black Forest. You don't notice anything out of place, besides the river now flowing through the yard.

At the end of your walk, you turn around and head into the Whisper Valley Archives, then the Anomaly Hall. Nope. Nothing.
Maitre D'eath
Today, Jack of Spades was called forth for a brief discussion of her death. Here are her answers.

Seance:

Columbo
Gonna poke around the Crystal Mines for any loose piece of crystal that could fit our murder weapon profile.
Izumi Konata
Check out counter-terrorism and see what Pea is referring to
Columbo
Any black bodysuits missing from the Armory?
Columbo
One more thing, I'm going to stand about where Nancy was standing in the Arboretum last night. How much can I see out the two entrances?
Spooks?

[Image: lyrathalassic2_kvqwcr.png]

Is that... a couple of votes on me?

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha... How stupid are you? Me? Kill my best assistant? Huh. I guess the Dunning-Kruger Effect is alive and well in the scientific world after all. You should've listened when the gremlin fished out her soul - she had her facts straight, like any good researcher.

We went to the Island, the luddite fuzzball in his soggy mask tried to attack her, and I ran him away. There was, of course, my encounter with that Occultic Aberration and whoever had the axe, but Dr. Crane killed two birds with one stone.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

Something that may happen to you too, Dodo, if your threats continue.

He took me to the Seal of course... and... I was sent adrift, on an odyssey through the deepest trenches. It was so dark, I've never seen such sights. You see everything down there, you know - and you feel so small.

[Image: lyrathalassic2_kvqwcr.png]

I was there until you found me, it's not like I could've left if I wanted to anyway. I remember... there was a fire...

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha! Besides, you wouldn't expect me to spend time actually working with BPI-2101, would you? Even with what I know now, I'm not going near that guy without a steel door and pane of glass between us!

Izumi Konata
Hey, Lyra. What powers did synchronizing with this seal give you?
Bradimir Votvodk
Then why did I see both you and trip heading into the Directors Office before I went to bed?
Columbo
How long does it take for one of those rafts to deflate and sink if they're punctured with just a standard knife? Can we load up somethin' approximately person sized on one and test that? As much as I'd hate to pollute the lake with our shenanigans.

Do that test from the Lighthouse side, too. I wanna see where the raft would wash up.
Columbo
Can we fire Miss Konata's gun and the Hunter's impressively reliable blunderbuss approximately where they said they were fired? Station a few people in various areas, like near the Boat House, the Arboretum, around the lake, near the woods... see where you can hear them.
Izumi Konata
(Mar 3, 2024 at 8:52 AM)Columbo Wrote: Can we fire Miss Konata's gun and the Hunter's impressively reliable blunderbuss approximately where they said they were fired? Station a few people in various areas, like near the Boat House, the Arboretum, around the lake, near the woods... see where you can hear them.

I consent to this btw, I'll head into the woods and be ready to fire after a bit
Dodo
I'll cover the Arboretum
DxHustler3000

[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

Fight Club. Man's greatest answer to the call of bloodlust. It takes me back to my infancy, where warriors would clash in a desparate fight for dominance and country. Strength always wins. POWER, always wins. The means of power will change with the times, of course, which is where I come in. My network of hustlers and self-made millionaires continues to grow, and soon we will self-actualize, defeating the final obstacle between us and one billion dollars.

...Anyway, I did some stuff last night.

I wake up, feeling a whole lot heavier and a whole lot more wise. Wario, of course, the patron saint of responsibility and money, is now guiding me through my night. I feel warm, and untouchable, through his aura.

The first item on my agenda was to spectate Morgan's new project. He is setting up, with 23 spectating. Nashu enters, deposits her inventory onto 23, and then commences the event. Their fight is glorious. Speed and wit elegantly clashing with strength and superiority. Superiority, of course, wins out in Morgan's favour. Pegasus and Revy both enter and exit during this time, clearly lacking the strength to even comprehend the idea of taking on a prospective young hustler. Nashu, defeated, exits with 23, and the fight club continues.

With the event underway, I decide to give Morgan the freedom of his own responsibilities and vacate the area. I have important business with the forest folk, so I make my way there. Alan Wake, his sealish companion, Konata, Revy, and Ciel are all there. I then do something... magnificent.

Lesson 7: Networking

The best way to entice potential workers into your net of wealth and fortune is through freebies. This will make them think highly of you, and perhaps revere you as some kind of benefactor of unfathomable origin. You mark your product with your essence (in this case, the smell of my suit), and then you will appear in their minds whenever they use the freebie.

To practice good networking, I freely distributed explosives amongst the forest explorers. They'll know what to do with it, and I will be very proud when they do.

However.

Networking does not trump disciplinary action! Though last night's visage was one I embraced, it was not one I chose. Miss Konata is to blame for that. I thought it appropriate to demonstrate my adaptability in front of an audience by tackling her and humiliating her, Wario-Style. I hope this marks the end of a short and prosperous feud.

[Image: VerFT18.png]

I return to the fights. Remarkably, Lita is present, though unmotivated to take part. I see her intent - she lacks tenacity and is afraid of what might happen if she loses... many such cases.

But speaking of tenacity... Batman, billionaire superstar and executor of the lower class, makes his entrance! Holy fuck! Morgan, wise and hustlicious as he is, is no match for the ruthless uppercuts of the 1%. I witness it, Smithy - who is now in fact some kind of insect creature (very good. Hustlers will mutate) witnesses it, and Lita witnesses it so much she gets scared and leaves. We have a winner.

After the fight ends through my intervention, there is but one opponent left - Revy - whos defeat is so swift and unremarkable that it does not warrant description. Batman receives his jewels - a droplet in his ocean of wealth, I expect - and the event ends. Well done indeed, Morgan.

After a motivational speech, I resume my studies and search for precious oddities. The Lab Zero door has now been unlocked, displaying a sorry state of chaos. Rubble collapsed on top of someone. Nashu, knocked out next to a big hole in the east wall. A pit filled with blood, bones, and gore. Riki, looking like an imbecile with a wet sack on his head. The Aquatic Lab - too hot to even enter! What a scam. Zero stars.

Unsatisfied with my investigations, I simply retire to my dorms through the newly opened Shuttle line. The last person I witness is Dexter, going up to the Lounge via the Shuttle line. A fetid end to a very rotten day.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Riki
Riki check Station 3. Any Hom Homs use at night, or even kick up big big dust? Or Bird People... or Dinobeasts. Scary blue seal must unlock Station, so...
Columbo
Look over the inside of the Lighthouse in great detail. And I wanna check out the oil barrel Dexter was lugging around, just in case.
Riki
Riki ask, blood on Jack raft? Not sure what Jack raft like at all.

Moored raft at beach special? Any weird thing on raft, not like others?

Any items on beach shore that Heropon and sidekicks not see early?
Dr. Niles Crane
Is there blood on any of the rafts/boats? Not just the one punctured with a knife

Any blood at the docks on the island where I last saw Jack?

Puncture a raft with a kitchen knife on the docks of the island. Does it wash up on the shore of the island or the mainland? Is there a current between the two?
Dr. Niles Crane
I have a few further questions I'd like to ask Lyra and Dex:

Dex - you looked notably frazzled when we met back up, after you left the Lab and I left the lighthouse - did you see anything else down there?
- When you saw Nashu, was she knocked out?
- Also, did anyone ask you to lie for them tonight? I don't care about who, just if it did happen. If you can't divulge this, then that's fine.

Lyra - what powers has opening the seal given you?
- Did you wake up after opening the seal? Did you notice anyone else in the seal room or nearby.