Yrrzy
i think its very explicitly a combination of health scare and distaste

like i do a lot of shit thats unhealthy for me but because i want to, if theres something i think is unhealthy for me AND its something i dont wanna be around im gonna be a lot more opposed to it than if it was just one of the two
kaZaam
i mean idk about the uk but any situation here where secondhand smoke from a stranger could be dangerous is illegal anyway so i really dont get the fuss outside of distaste. that was my whole point from the beginning

and no smoking outside of a building doesnt count even by your own ideology considering car exhaust apparently doesn't matter in the same context despite being exposed to it much more
kaZaam
i dont even think smell is a particularly bad reason to not like cigs, hell i think most people who smoke even would agree. but like just admit it. don't try to make excuses for your ideology to make yourself feel smarter or more healthy than anyone else
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
ftr my answer to the cigs vs cars thing is that both are pretty "short range" but cars are in the road and cigs are on the pavement

but im not tryin 2 push my ideology here just explain it
kaZaam
the only way someone passing by someone smoking a cig on the sidewalk could be a problem at all is if you just didnt like the smell or whatever thing based on distaste. i get what youre saying but like i dont see its pertinence at all when it comes to health
mit
even though i dorm in NYC where a lot of people smoke and the sidewalks are very narrow, outdoors smoking doesn't really bother me (excluding times where i'm already in a sour mood and virtually anything will make it worse). i just hold my breath until i'm out of the area since i've got places to be.

on the other hand though i live in a very very tiny dorm and my roommate vapes constantly. i'm too much of a dumb baby to ask him to stop (partially because i know he smokes cigarettes and this is more habitual) but the fucking constant smell of whatever fruit or scent the vape has along with the low whistle it makes when used drives me fucking insane. i seriously can't fucking stand that shit even a little anymore. granted this is definitely a more personal case but like, i'd assume if most people were in this situation where they had to hear and smell it several times a day every goddamn day they'd hate it too.
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Stalin
i'm personally not really all that bothered by outside smoke either, usually i can just walk away from anyone smoking and especially around here you don't really see a whole lot of people my age smoking

that said, i do have a problem with people going out of their way to smoke near you just to piss you off, like my mom likes doing
[Image: Hammer.gif~c200]
Beako
why does almost every stalinist i see on the internet have an issue with their mother

(i agree what your mom is doing is bad though)
Spritanium
I'll have you know I have a master's degree in shitposting from the most prestigious shitstitution in the country
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
wen did anyone insinuate anything against the cdc or the damage secondhand smoke can cause

tho i guess it is p weird you'd mistrust the ppl who arent being paid to tell you shit
Spritanium
I understand the risks of smoking and that's why I don't do it, I just don't believe in smear campaigns singling out one industry when there are other dangerous industries that are allowed to sell equally dangerous products with much fewer restrictions
[Image: supercorrect.png]