kaZaam
like just admit it makes you uncomfortable lol. it's not like anything beyond that isn't just an excuse
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Draku
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM)Kazaam Wrote: What the fuck?

if anything one guy smoking is the algae and a couple of other weird things and the tons of exhaust pollutants pumped into the sky every day just from like one car are the BIG STEAMY SHIT. i warned you about ideology bro.
chances are you're not going to come into direct contact with the source unless you're walking in the middle of a bunch of cars for some reason

whereas smokers create entire areas where you cannot pass by them without inhaling it right as it comes into existence
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Beako
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM)Kazaam Wrote: i warned you about ideology bro.

~I have no ideology~ is an ideology.
kaZaam
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:34 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM)Kazaam Wrote: What the fuck?

if anything one guy smoking is the algae and a couple of other weird things and the tons of exhaust pollutants pumped into the sky every day just from like one car are the BIG STEAMY SHIT. i warned you about ideology bro.
chances are you're not going to come into direct contact with the source unless you're walking in the middle of a bunch of cars for some reason

whereas smokers create entire areas where you cannot pass by them without inhaling it right as it comes into existence

What the fuck? how are small groups in their own designated spots doing their thing a bigger issue than things that are literally everywhere that pump out more fumes in like two seconds than any group of smokers can? i warned you about ideology bro
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:39 PM)Puddin Wrote: ~I have no ideology~ is an ideology.
calling out ideology ≠ having one. my point wasnt just that people have ideologies anyway. my point is ppl pretend its about ecology or health or whatever made up thing when really they just dont like the smell or whatever dumb shit
Beako
Cars are screaming metal death traps. According to that Adam Ruins Everything guy (idk his name) the legal term jaywalker was a propaganda word before it was written into law; "jay" was an extremely horrible and offensive slur at the time the coin was termed.
kaZaam
cool.
Beako
But still yeah I still think second hand smoke is annoying to non-smokers so I make sure non-smokers don't get exposed to my smoke. What pisses me off is when people are being dicks when I'm being courteous. I can be smoking and probably hear someone on a mountain peak 500 miles away fake-coughing to shame me.
Draku
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:39 PM)Kazaam Wrote: What the fuck? how are small groups in their own designated spots doing their thing a bigger issue then things that are literally everywhere that pump out more fumes in like two seconds than any group of smokers can? i warned you about ideology bro
You're not being directly exposed to car exhaust when it's produced, it dissipates out and while the air will have traces of it you won't directly notice and it doesn't have extreme health issues associated with it, though it does have health impacts.

Secondhand smoke is far more likely to directly affect someone, because if people are doing that shit in a public area and you have to go through, you will be exposed to it in a more harmful form directly. This especially applies to anywhere that allows smoking in a more closed area, which thankfully doesn't happen much anymore. Now, call me up when someone leaves their car on indoors for everyone to breathe in the exhaust
kaZaam
yeah ok you dont like the smell. glad we cleared that up
Beako
Draku
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:52 PM)Kazaam Wrote: yeah ok you dont like the smell. glad we cleared that up
You can kill yourself with car exhaust if you bunch it up in a closed garage. It's not going to murder anyone when it's dissipated out. You're also not going to breathe it in unless you're in close proximity to the back of a car, which is rare.

Secondhand smoke is not directly deadly unlike car exhaust, but you're way more likely to be put in a position where it's in a higher concentration and not broken up in the air.
kaZaam
just walk around the hookah den dude, youre bringing this on yourself
Beako
guys guys stop

you can BOTH marry me Love
Draku
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:05 PM)Kazaam Wrote: just walk around the hookah den dude, youre bringing this on yourself
Public situations have thankfully died down over time in my experience plus places got more on the ball about designated smoking areas and all that, so it isn't nearly as big of an issue as it used to be. Used to have to deal with heavy secondhand smoke just for being in the same building, which was not at all healthy or pleasant.

That doesn't exactly save people who are in households with non-courteous smokers though, part of my distaste for the whole thing is because any time I visited my extended family the house would constantly be filled with secondhand smoke that I couldn't do a single thing about. I'm sure there are a lot of kids stuck in situations like that their whole younger lives. Not like anti-smoking ads are gonna stop people from pulling that shit though, to pull things around back to the thread subject. Just something I really wish didn't happen.

Since Puddin has been posting about it I will say that I don't give a shit if someone smokes and they make sure it doesn't get at anyone else and being dicks to people who do is not justified.
kaZaam
ive been in those situations dude and yeah its def not pleasant but like im p sure my lungs are getting Raped moreso by feckin anything but cigs most of the time regardless of the situation. im saying you can not like it but dont try to give ppl who smoke an existential crisis just because you had to walk thru a puff for a second or whatever
kaZaam
i get it. it makes you uncomfortable. jfc.
kaZaam
it's not fucking fact

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/publications...002008.pdf

it's ideology

i like how you only care about health when it's caused from a thing that smells bad

the ideology is when you have to pretend i was implying cigarettes aren't unhealthy to make a point
kaZaam
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:38 PM)Kazaam Wrote: i like how you only care about health when it's caused from a thing that smells bad

the ideology is when you have to pretend i was implying cigarettes aren't unhealthy to make a point
Yrrzy
i dont think anyone is disagreeing that exhaust is unhealthy its just that cigarette smoke is provably worse
kaZaam
hoe do you figure that