Yrrzy
eh heres some toxicology comparisons between em
Yrrzy
but tbh rly depends on what situations we're comparing
cause like being indoors in a room w/ a smoker is def more dangerous than just being at the side of a road for example, cause the exhause will disappate where the smoke wont, but being in a closed garage with a running car is gonna be more dangerous than standing in the same garden as a smoker
Draku
(Jan 2, 2017 at 12:00 AM)Yrr Wrote: but tbh rly depends on what situations we're comparing
cause like being indoors in a room w/ a smoker is def more dangerous than just being at the side of a road for example, cause the exhause will disappate where the smoke wont, but being in a closed garage with a running car is gonna be more dangerous than standing in the same garden as a smoker
this is exactly what i was talking about in my posts
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: If you really think people hate secondhand smoke because it smells bad, I don't know what to tell you.
uhhh thats p obviously a reason & its one that i can relate to even.
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Just don't smoke at bus stops, building entrances, or around other people who don't want to breathe your fumes and I have no fucking problem with you.
whatever dude it just goes into the air anyway lel. as long as it's not concentrated we're all good here
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Yes automobiles can pollute the air, but automobiles are a necessary means of transportation.
lmao exactly. this is what makes them so much more dangerous. is the cancer you get from the car also somehow more necessary then the cancer you get from the cig or whatever else? this is the ideology im talking about

also idk why youre assuming i do any of the things you say im doing. only making ur position look more ideological btw since apparently im feeding into some smoker archetype youve gone & made up
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Beako
not again

[Image: oAzq9XI.png]
kaZaam
(Jan 1, 2017 at 11:58 PM)Yrr Wrote: eh heres some toxicology comparisons between em

cool article but i dont like the false dichotomy she makes between cs and ae. like yeah driving isnt a habit in the same way smoking is but it's necessity forces its use whether there's any addiction or not and i dont see how thats less dangerous
Yrrzy
youre reasonably safe from AE IN the car tho
kaZaam
i thought this was about other people besides the user tho
Beako
(Jan 2, 2017 at 12:20 AM)Pedigree Wrote: mason you can't claim this is your fault

this isn't your thread and what I said that started all this had nothing to do with your original posts

Is this the part where I say "but you're the one who said 'that escalated quickly' after my post" and then we get into a never ending argument? Not falling for it bucko. I concede, you win, you're totally correct and I'm in agreement with you.

Sometimes people might appear to agree with you (or appear to agree with anyone) to actually try to escalate things but I just want the situation to defuse. It's not worth arguing over.

Oh wait what situation? Welp
Uniju
[Image: yPsgJkD.jpg]
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
DrTapeworm
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
I always like how the people fighting tobacco use are like the scummiest liars on the planet, totally opposed to freedom of choice, not the least bit concerned with presenting people with unbiased information, yet somehow they're the good guys because smoking sucks and is for dorks

Like buttsex can be dangerous but you don't see billion dollar campaigns trying to ban adults from doing it. You don't buy anal lube and see a picture of a prolapsed rosebud on the bottle; you don't have to pay a $2 premium to go toward research to stop sexual deviancy

It's all so personal too, these people don't give a shit about the health of smokers. They just think it's icky behavior and they think the air outside is their property for some reason. If you don't like the air outside then go inside and tie a shower curtain around your head with a bungee cord, that solves two problems at once.
Spritanium
I tried before but I can't reach
[Image: supercorrect.png]
DrTapeworm
this just in, spritanium confirmed for SatAM Robotnik and/or not having to breathe
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
Man I have to breathe, I've just never once in my life been bothered by a person smoking outside, and if you have then you're an ass. It's not out of the question that at some point during your life you'll have to walk away from something you don't like.

The laws that ban smoking indoors are great, but now the propaganda from anti-smokers is so strong that anyone who smokes cigarettes in public is basically viewed as subhuman and/or incapable of making good choices. Maybe smoking cigarettes is a good choice for you, or a bad choice for you - I wouldn't know, I'm not you.

It's just so weird how people lose their shit whenever someone tries to enact a Fast Food Tax - "we don't need the government telling us what to consume", etc - but nearly ANYBODY, provided they don't smoke themselves, will vote for a law that inconveniences cigarette smokers. In my state we just voted to tack an extra $2 tax onto all cigarette sales (money that is supposed to go toward helping addicts in some way, like that's ever going to happen lmao). I don't smoke cigarettes, never have, but if someone wants to have lung cancer and smell bad then wtf business is it of mine? Why should I try to limit someone from taking part in an activity they enjoy?

tl;dr I don't give a shit about people smoking cigarettes as long as it's outdoors, or inside a home where no children live. Whoa holy shit, I just solved this entire dilemma. It's amazing what you can get done when you just leave people alone and let them do their shit.
Spritanium
Also if you think you're going to get cancer from occasionally being around somebody smoking a cigarette, congratulations, you're paranoid. It's not even a rule that you'll get cancer if you smoke every day for 60 years. Of course there's the possibility that you're not actually scared of tobacco smoke, but rather angered by the fact that people smoke tobacco. The argument I always hear from these types of people is basically "you're free to consume what you want in public, just make sure said public is a special safe space just for me where I never have to come into contact with you". You don't fucking own outside. You can either move away, wear a respirator everywhere you go, or (recommended option) remove the stick from your ass. Also if you believe secondhand smoke is dangerous enough to be a public health hazard, more congratulations, propaganda works on you and you probably would've wished death on Jews if you lived in Germany c. 1940.

Disclaimer: I still haven't actually read this thread, so I'm not exactly sure if there are any tobacco whiteknights legitimately bothered by what I'm saying. If you are then I don't care, but you should know that I'm ignorant to it :V
Spritanium
(Jan 1, 2017 at 7:41 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I do NOT consent to you raping my lungs.
FUCK, this is sig-quotable. I've never seen such a satirical statement made 100% seriously

(Jan 1, 2017 at 7:43 PM)Yrr Wrote: yea being around smoke makes me ridiculously uncomfortable and physically hurts to breathe

(Jan 1, 2017 at 9:03 PM)Kazaam Wrote: i honestly never saw the big fuss abt secondhand smoke beyond ideology. i dont see how its hurting you more than any other kind of city air is. like if its so effective and horrible then why is literally nobody addicted to secondhand smoke?
Excellent post and excellent critical thinking. People just don't like tobacco smoke because of the way it smells; claiming it's the most dangerous thing on earth is a good cover for the superficial reality of the situation

(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:52 PM)Puddin Wrote:
Exactly the scene I have in mind anytime people discuss cigarettes.
Yrrzy
wow ive never seen this topic get someone so mad
Spritanium
(Jan 2, 2017 at 5:34 PM)Yrr Wrote: wow ive never seen this topic get someone so mad
[Image: gtqvxf.jpg]

If anything I think it's funny that people fall for this shit. I bet the commercial that said cigarettes have dog shit in them was very compelling for you.
Yoshin
man this thread makes me stressed
I need a smoke