Don't post in this thread till Persona 5 is out

CHESHIRE ☯
Also, can appreciate the fact that this game was littered by far with the most fuckable and endearing waifus in history? Like I know the dating sim trope is a Persona staple now, but for the first time ever I can say this game actually gave me some women I GENUINELY was appreciative to start relationships with. Hell, even the guys were enjoyable to get to know individually.
(May 24, 2017 at 8:20 PM)SODA FiZZ Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM)zelma Wrote: 1.) Goro. Maybe it's because I knew what was good with this character a little before, but I felt like they could've done a better job to make him more compelling and make the twist an actual shock. Initially I thought he was going to come back as the final boss but just shoving him in as a mini-boss in a dungeon to my felt kind of half-assed and overall I just ended up not really giving a damn about him. His dancing all night costume is amazing though, all of his dlc is actually. I WILL say the way they figured out that he was a traitor was super clever. As with the other twist, everything is properly foreshadowed so it doesn't seem like an asspull.

I actually really like this. You spend a lot of the game building up to finding out about Black Mask, and when it turns out to be Akechi you may feel like this could be a sort of grand twist, despite being a very weak and stale one that's been overused as a trope. I think treating him as smaller menace in the overall plot despite being a pretty serious driving point as a boss fight is smart. His whole thing was how he was feigning maturity, but you slowly learn about his shortcomings, only to then be shown how immature he really is. He was kind of the only character to have a change of heart directly, rather than by having is shadow manipulated, even if it only lasted for the short moments after the boss. Plus, with him gone it really puts you in a position of confusion and concern for who really is the end-all final boss here.

Like I said I think I was just expecting too much and this is probably the one case where semi-knowing a spoiler actually didn't help my experience BUT with that being said I did appreciate The thing you mentioned, like the subtle hints here and there, the scattered interactions with him which looking back made it clear he was very troubled by something. If they do make an enhanced edition i'm almost POSITIVE they'll find a way to make him a main stay.

(May 24, 2017 at 8:24 PM)SODA FiZZ Wrote: [color=chartreuse]Also, can appreciate the fact that this game was littered by far with the most fuckable and endearing waifus in history? Like I know the dating sim trope is a Persona staple now, but for the first time ever I can say this game actually gave me some women I GENUINELY was appreciative to start relationships with. Hell, even the guys were enjoyable to get to know individually.

For real. Like jesus, you have Tae, Makoto, Ann and even the journalist girl who imo are all solid candidates for best girl. In fact, fuck it, P5 is the first Persona game where there is no bad girl, period.
Also, Sae's dungeon was also a nice twist and it by far is the BEST dungeon theme. Hands down
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 25, 2017 at 12:41 AM)zelma Wrote: For real. Like jesus, you have Tae, Makoto, Ann and even the journalist girl who imo are all solid candidates for best girl. In fact, fuck it, P5 is the first Persona game where there is no bad girl, period.

Ohya (Journalist) is absolute shit. Getting involved with her literally has ZERO benefits. But her as a person, her character and general vibe is enough to make her one of my favorites easily. I usually steer away from most characters like Hifumi in games, they aren't my cup of tea. But there's something about the way she's written that even makes her really enjoyable. I actually went all in with her, just on a whim because I started to really vibe with her. Turns out she's a primo social link, and was even a possible Phantom Thief candidate originally during development.

Ann is basic as fuck, and I love her. Haru is the most innocent and precious thing, and I love her. "Becky" is a total absolute mess, and I love her. This game is out of control.