YouTubers 'Just a Prank Bro's Their Kids; Ends Up Being Child Abuse

Yrrzy
i disagree w population control because it easily becomes eugenics once people are in charge but id rly love to hear alternate solutions to overpopulation
Pedigree
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:09 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: wat

i'd still have been born, sucks to suck i guess.

also idk what ped is going on about cause so far until just now, it's been "people should not be able to have as many kids as they want whenever they want" but even more ambiguous

I guess you're pretty lucky being an only child or first born?
Aidan
oh are we advocating for the rights of people who don't exist now
b/c i have a compelling essay about my waifu ready to fucking drop
Stirling
well it can, but it's intentionally sabotaged in a variety of ways

also, if we're gonna be reductionist, let's just be mad max
Stirling
oh conversation moved one sec
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree
I'm not talking about people who don't exist, I'm talking about people who do exist and would not if such methods were in place when they would otherwise be born.
Stirling
it's not like we're implying retroactivity asdfasdfasdfasdf

KILL ALL NON FIRST BORNS

THE BLOOD MUST BE PURE

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Beako
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: i disagree w population control because it easily becomes eugenics once people are in charge but id rly love to hear alternate solutions to overpopulation

Sex education. AFAIK overpopulation isn't a problem in the United States; the problem we're dealing with in this situation is abusive parents and not really having enough good places to put them.

I wish that more financially secure, well-adjusted parents that are unable to have children of their own (or unwilling to go through the pain of childbirth) had more incentives to adopt children so said children wouldn't keep getting shoved into abusive foster homes and/or bounced between abusive relatives.
T-man
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:10 PM)Beako Wrote:
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:08 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: oh, and i mean it's not like i advocate for specific groups; everyone should be having less kids - i'd say 1 kid to each pair of parents max. you can adopt after that.

Yeah, that worked great in China /s

[Image: gumball-just-roasted-its-crappy-chinese-...e_No-6.jpg]
Stirling
and yes, i am a firstborn

idk what population control you could have other than a scaling, tax-based-without-deductions-or-credits fine for having kids past a first one

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Aidan
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:16 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: and yes, i am a firstborn

idk what population control you could have other than a scaling, tax-based-without-deductions-or-credits fine for having kids past a first one

*and it goes without saying that this would cause far more problems than it would solve
idk, i'm all for giving kids the condoms but it's hard to say how well that works long-term
Beako

What a surprise Jokes
Stirling
obviously sex education [and the elimination of religious-based teachings of abstinence] would help the situation better, but we need to be having less kids in general when so many are actively in the adoption system

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree

That sounds horrible.

Like, life for poor kids is already bad enough why would you want the government to make their quality of life even worse.
Fun With Despair
(Apr 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM)Pedigree Wrote:

That sounds horrible.

Like, life for poor kids is already bad enough why would you want the government to make their quality of life even worse.
neutral stancing here

poor families would be less poor if they had less kids to pay for and house
Stirling
well the part where it's scaling based on their taxes is pretty important, you can probably start it at like nothing or a minor amount for the lowest bracket, but above that you probably aren't being financially thoughtful if you're having 4 kids while making a combined 40k a year and the biggest problem therein is being able to provide for people who you are responsible for

like, i'm still of the thought that some people aren't fit to be responsible for others, but our culture kinda pushes you to try to make people for you to be responsible for

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree
increasing taxes on poor people does not change their behavior, let's not even joke

just look at the hefty cigarette tax

they find a way to continue the habits by cutting other shit like necessities
Pea
[Image: l716Rfv.png]
Stirling
ped i think you're working on a different premise than i am tbqh

i want there to be less kids, and i think people should be taught to recognize how easy it is to not have kids, how difficult it is to raise kids, how easy and cheaper it is to adopt a child instead of having one of your own, and the effects of adding people to western nations and the day-to-day cycle of consumption

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree
I know this from experience, and I know I'm not the only one, but all that a fine or tax would do is end up hurting any child unlucky enough to be born under such a system.