The first Sonic game in history to have shitty music

Draku
(Apr 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM)T-man Wrote: i read a rumor that the third character is a character you make

[Image: olqs5rm.png]

considering how barebones this thing is im inclined to believe it
what could pawsibly go wrong with this idea
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Apr 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM)T-man Wrote: [Image: olqs5rm.png]
Analyzing

Spoiler:
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
[Image: Bubsy_the_Bobcat.png]
Pedigree
clearly the silhouette is wearing shoes and gloves, which Bubsy does not wear because he's a heathen
God
I ahven't read is topic tbh just coming into say Sonic the hedgehog has the best taste of music out of any Hedgehog (Even DJ Hedgehog) which is largely owing to the fact thag he has Sonic in his name. I won't tolerate ANY poster who says anything contrary to this.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
(Apr 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM)Pedigree Wrote: clearly the silhouette is wearing shoes and gloves, which Bubsy does not wear because he's a heathen
But he does wear a shirt, interestingly

I think in the Sonic universe clothing is just optional unless you have boobs
God
(Apr 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I think in the Sonic universe clothing is just optional unless you have boobs

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFw46sMG3B06vtMiRs2ch...GbnbZRG56g]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Pedigree
tfw SEGA tried to use sex appeal to sell Sonic Adventure 2 and the Dreamcast by introducing Rouge
T-man
(Apr 28, 2017 at 3:51 AM)Pedigree Wrote: tfw SEGA tried to use sex appeal to sell Sonic Adventure 2 and the Dreamcast by introducing Rouge
tfw it worked

[Image: f43.gif]
T-man
looks like it's not a fluke, the music is genuinely bad in this game, holy shit

also this game still looks like ass

it's like they unlearned everything
Mario
i wouldn't call it good, but i don't think it's bad... just way below what you'd expect for a sonic game.
Pedigree
fucking haters
Spritanium
(Jun 17, 2017 at 4:47 AM)Mario Wrote: i wouldn't call it good, but i don't think it's bad... just way below what you'd expect for a sonic game.
It's about what I expect for a Sonic game. I think only like 30% of Sonic games have actually been good, most of them are bad
MiniPup
The game looks great, I'm looking forward to it! No Sonic soundtrack has been bad, I look forward to hearing the music also.
Don't know why y'all have to be so negative all the time, I'm really looking forward to it Thumbs Up
Spritanium
It's minus world yo
sealelement
I really don't like what I've seen from the level design in this game, to be honest. But, I'll still give it a shot, I guess?
100% pure gamer 100%
Mario
(Jun 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Jun 17, 2017 at 4:47 AM)Mario Wrote: i wouldn't call it good, but i don't think it's bad... just way below what you'd expect for a sonic game.
It's about what I expect for a Sonic game. I think only like 30% of Sonic games have actually been good, most of them are bad

you're talking about the music right???
Poxni
(Jun 18, 2017 at 4:49 AM)seal Wrote: I really don't like what I've seen from the level design in this game, to be honest. But, I'll still give it a shot, I guess?
As much as my opinion has improved a bit on the game I'll probably still just acquire it through Alternative Means
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Spritanium
(Jun 18, 2017 at 5:50 AM)Mario Wrote:
(Jun 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

you're talking about the music right???
I'm talking about the games. Though to be fair I've always liked the characters in Sonic better than the actual gameplay
CHESHIRE ☯
This isn't bad music, you just probably don't like it personally.

The first Sonic game with genuinely bad music was Sonic 4 Episode 1 (and probably Ep.2, iunno never played.)

I could sit here and say Sonic Spinball or the Game Gear games have bad music, and people say all the time that Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast have terrible music, but these are just opinions. People have their own idea of what's appealing and what isn't.

TRULY terrible music is music that is soulless, has broken motifs, accidentally corrupts or flat-out ignores the ideas of resonance and dissonance, and is jarring to listen to for period on end.

This is the PSO2 kind of music they've been playing with a lot lately over at SEGA, and it works great over there (in portions), but since none of us have played this game yet I would argue we can't see the flaws in the cinematic value of the track, so as a song on it's own there's nothing wrong with it.