Sonic Mania (Fans shit all over Sega)

T-man
(Aug 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM)Poxni Wrote: I honestly would kind of like another adventure style game tho

I honestly don't know why they haven't revisited that style of game. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with it, it was just janky. I would hope a modern iteration of the formula would be more technologically sound.

Also give me the fucking Chaos.
Pedigree
Here's all the Chao you could ever want: https://nefault1st.wordpress.com/downloa...rt-island/

Anyways, maybe someday Mania elitists will become more chill and stop being smug/aggressively ripping on Forces and its enthusiasts. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Reminder that all I initially said was "wait to shit on the game until you've played it". Welp

Can't believe "Generations bad" meme was used in this thread though, that's a new one for me in Team Mania vs. Team Forces.
Briraka

> talking shit about forces means you're dragging it's enthusiasts

Shrug
Pedigree
(Aug 16, 2017 at 11:10 PM)Briraka Wrote: > talking shit about forces means you're dragging it's enthusiasts

Shrug

>ignoring that first T-man post

Not to mention I'm not solely referring to the bullshit in this thread when it comes to Mania vs. Forces.

The Sonic fandom in general has been fucking insufferably lately on this subject.
Briraka
(Aug 16, 2017 at 11:34 PM)Pedigree Wrote: >ignoring that first T-man post
Not to mention I'm not solely referring to the bullshit in this thread when it comes to Mania vs. Forces.

The Sonic fandom in general has been fucking insufferably lately on this subject.

oh okay, i gotch ya.

disagreeing with an opinion = dragging enthusiasts. i'm so sorry man, i'll be sure to be more respectful to other people's sensibilities and not express negativity towards anything ever again.Thumbs Up

but for real here, no one has said anything bad about you specifically, so all of this over-sensitivity seems unwarranted. i don't care if you're looking forward to forces, in fact, good for you. if you want to go enjoy it when it comes out, go enjoy it. no one is forcing you to drag it with us. do as you please... including liking sonic '06
Pedigree
Oh okay... ignore what I literally just said then, fuck off and have a nice day. :) You're quite the fucking charmer, I bet your elitist opinions on Sonic games and attitude against those you perceive as your lessers get you all of the pussy you could ever want.

By the fucking way, who are you and where did you come from? No one seems to know. Are you and T-Man both Robbie Walker on Twitter? Hmm...
Pedigree
Anyways, I abused debug mode in Mania on No Save to practice special stages and holy shit the latter ones are hard.
Poxni
hey where's the elitism in this thread

liking mania + no/little interest in forces != elitism
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Draku
(Aug 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Anyways, I abused debug mode in Mania on No Save to practice special stages and holy shit the latter ones are hard.
the 5th special stage is ridiculous to the point where once you beat it the 6th stage is a joke and the 7th stage is almost as easy as the 1st one is.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
I'm glad others have been having problems with the 5th emerald, that shit took me a hundred tries. It was mostly a matter of finding the optimal path to take.
Pedigree
I've lost 5th emerald stage so often now... :(
Draku
some advice for the special stages in general:
-go for the spheres first and get to at least mach 2 as fast as you can off of just the starting ring count and what you can pick up without going out of the way. don't go for rings unless it's a shortcut or they're placed somewhere that could fuck you up later (there are a few ring containers that are placed over pits that should be gotten sooner rather than later so that you don't get screwed by trying to get them while at a higher speed)
-jump. a lot. you maneuver significantly better while jumping, making turns and precise movement a lot easier. being in the air also means you are not slowed down by harsher terrain so hopping wildly allows for a lot of shortcuts
-speaking of shortcuts, take them as much as possible. cut every corner take every shorter route you can unless you NEED rings or something on a longer route. the more you keep up with the UFO throughout the stage the easier it is to catch it at the end.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Briraka

> DRM confirmed for the PC version of mania.

... well, i guess it's time for me to get a ps4 then.
Aidan
(Aug 29, 2017 at 7:30 PM)Briraka Wrote: > DRM confirmed for the PC version of mania.

... well, i guess it's time for me to get a ps4 then.

i'm fairly certain you can buy the game and then download an anti-denuvo crack, thus improving the experience a million percent at no additional cost to yourself
step 1 is maybe skippable
Shadow the Hedgehog
Buy console version.

Pirate PC version.
Poxni
just kinda yoinking this from my twitter:
Quote:I tried the Sonic Forces demo and I don't think I have good things to say about it, nearly at all

I think my biggest minor peeve though is... who ok'd how the cube wispon works lmao

It doesn't feel good to use and is significantly worse than the others in the demo (I feel this way about a lot of thinsg here but)

the demo stages only give you a minute (lmao) but that doesn't do anything to make the level design look less flat and boring at all!!

classic sonic somehow feels even more sloppy than he did in generations. I do welcome drop dash because in general that's a Good Idea

modern sonic is maybe the least offensive playstyle but still feels a bit chunky (being able to do your second jump after airboost is good)

avatar seems ok at best maybe but some wispon ability choices seem super questionable (again, why would you subject yourself to cube hammer)

I think all in all the Forces demo goes to show that: yes, you can in fact judge a game based on footage if you have existing precedent.
tl;dr it's pretty bad. I still probably wanna pirate it on PC for a full opinion and I'm most interested in the story. In a Sonic game.
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
T-man
I appreciate the impressions, @Poxni

Anyone with eyes could see that this was gonna be a massive stinker, so I’m surprised there were so many holdouts in complete denial of what was right in front of them.

I think Sonic Mania has taught me that a lot of what makes Sonic work is momentum and fluidity. I do believe this can be achieved in a 3D space, but Sonic Team seems adamant to straight up not want to try.

While Sonic Utopia is a bit too massive and nonlinear, the movement mechanics are definitely in the direction I’d like to see the series take. You need a core, fleshed out gameplay style that can feature new twists throughout the game, not 3 half-baked gameplay styles.
Spritanium
You'd think sonic team would've made enough shitty sonic games by now that they could just make a great game by using 90% of the other ones as "what not to do" examples
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
(Oct 26, 2017 at 1:41 AM)Spritanium Wrote: You'd think sonic team would've made enough shitty sonic games by now that they could just make a great game by using 90% of the other ones as "what not to do" examples

isn't that exactly what generations is
Briraka
(Oct 25, 2017 at 9:06 PM)T-man Wrote: While Sonic Utopia is a bit too massive and nonlinear, the movement mechanics are definitely in the direction I’d like to see the series take. You need a core, fleshed out gameplay style that can feature new twists throughout the game, not 3 half-baked gameplay styles.

from what i've herd, utopia is being made into a full game, but the stage design is going to be more focused. the green hill in that video was just a test level.