Fun With Despair
wait I had an online gf once who literally died

does that give me relationship cred enough to compete with big bad kesha
Mario
I think my attitude before was that you should go out and get experienced but now I believe everyone is better off if you don't
Stirling
We're still at a point where those who can't start or hold a closed relationship are unwilling to listen to those in open relationships.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Aidan
i fucking called it
Mario
(May 17, 2017 at 3:48 AM)StirlADrei Wrote: We're still at a point where those who can't start or hold a closed relationship are unwilling to listen to those in open relationships.

watch out, you're calling people loser virgins, I guess!
Stirling
Oh, RIP me then.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
fucker5
(May 17, 2017 at 3:20 AM)Mario Wrote: Here's the problem: you don't understand women and you generalize them and how relationships work for them. Of course an open relationship seems unfair or impossible or "complete and utter horse shit"- you're not thinking of it in terms of people, just your (wrong) ideas of how people are.
thisp ost was good
Stirling
(May 17, 2017 at 3:20 AM)Mario Wrote: Here's the problem: you don't understand women and you generalize them and how relationships work for them. Of course an open relationship seems unfair or impossible or "complete and utter horse shit"- you're not thinking of it in terms of people, just your (wrong) ideas of how people are.

this is a good post

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
fucker5
This is easy for a shut-in with minimal interest in dating to say, but I feel like with so many online services geared towards hooking up or matchmaking today, you shouldn't need to be a master of IRL cold approaches to find somebody who'll date you, unless you somehow live somewhere where everybody really really hates nerds
Kabuto
honestly i was very apprehensive to make another post but i feel i have an obligation to because of my unique position. Before I came out I and everyone else believed me to be a straight man, and I had a very hard time getting dates or any sort of intimacy, but I understood after a point that being funny or good at art or any individual talent on it's own is not enough, and it's not an issue of attractiveness either- it's all about attitude. I know my name probably makes this seem like a goof but i assure you it is entirely about respecting women that's holding up a lot of you who are presumably straight, and I don't think many of you necessarily are disrespectful of women in a strong way but i think it's preventing you from having relationships, period, closed or open. I've been in open relationships, i've been in closed ones, I've been in poly ones, and i've just been an all around slut on some occasions, and none of them are any easier or harder for me except for the structure I figured out that works for me personally is monogamy with my current partner, and who knows, that may change in the future and I hope it doesn't, but what i'm trying to get at here is that it feels like some of you are taking out some pent up aggression on SP because he's a convenient target and it seems unfair to me. I don't think you're all cucks or virgins or losers or anything of the sort but I think you really need to examine how you think about women and gay people before you pass judgement on SP. I think there's a lot of misinterpretation from both camps in the thread and I hope I'm not just stirring the pot here but I think some of you should really do some introspection on why you're lashing out like this.
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Aidan
i love how it's just assumed that no one on mw can get any ass and we're all dumbfucks that need advice from a luigi bbs to get our lives together

EDIT: ftr this isn't a response to junkenstein's Actually Good post
Mario
This is basically what I hear when I read some of you guys describe relationships:

Aidan
shit i was wrong, kesha is sticking to his "stay free, virgins" tek
guess i shouldn't have expected an old dog to learn new tricks
fucker5
(May 17, 2017 at 4:04 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: i love how it's just assumed that no one on mw can get any ass and we're all dumbfucks that need advice from a luigi bbs to get our lives together
I mean this is honestly what people have been seemingly intentionally implying about themselves in some posts in this thread Wat
Pedigree
So if the purpose of this thread is to discuss open relationships in general and not how unfairly skewed open relationships are towards women instead of straight men, then why is "matching genitalia" the only applicable factor in this scenario? Why can't I explain to you my own struggles with open relationships and successes? Why use homosexuals as a talking point and then shut them down every time they try to explain their position?

Yes, I was angry. Intended or not, the premise of this thread was based on the faulty logic that having matching genitalia evens the odds and that's why homosexuals who enter open relationships are successful. First of all, do you even have any statistics to back that up other than your stereotypical assumptions about how homosexual relationships work? Because afaik homosexuals with open relationships aren't as common as you imply, and many relationships are lost to the same exact problems you're citing here. Yet, when I try to state this fact you're like "Fake news! They both have the same genitalia, that's why there's fewer problems with homosexual open relationships!"

Maybe it would have been more productive to try to see my perspective instead of attacking me for not arguing my side under your biased circumstances. If you aren't interested in hearing other people's scenarios, do you really expect me to believe this thread is anything more than "poor straight man can't get enough sex in an open relationship he doesn't have nor has even tried"?

How can you expect me to be sympathetic in a thread like this, that would trivialize any problems I have as a homosexual, even indirectly, because it's more convenient for the straight man's side of the argument???
Stirling
this is why vanilla is the worst

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Aidan
because t-man was trying to point out one factor that he believes harms heterosexual relationships, and then, as a side note, acknowledging that the factor in question doesn't apply in homosexual relationships because theoretically both partners have an equal chance of finding a third party in their area
the OP is just presentation of one random thought on the issue
there's no point in arguing against it because it's not even an argument

it's like, idk, someone asks if you have a smoke and you go "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT I SMOKE." the dude was just asking for some info, not settling into a position to be defended
Pedigree
And EVEN IF YOU ARE RIGHT and you have to put more effort into getting off with other partners, so fucking what? If your goal is to just bust a nut, then Open Relationships aren't for you! If you want that shit, resort to online dating. You will be much more successful in that regard.
Mario
If what T-Man posted doesn't fucking matter than why were there so many people jumping on SP's criticism of it? SP isn't still talking about it now because of just the first post.

Or wait am I supposed to play along and pretend SP is some kind of Militant Homosexual angry just cuz someone said the word gay in context
Aidan
i'm sure i'm going to regret serious posting when some fuckboy replies to my post with "yeah, disgusting no gf virgins like you WOULD say that," but i'm going to give it a shot anyway

don't the same factors that make it more difficult for one person to get laid also, in the general case, make it similarly difficult for those people to find romantic partners
meaning that whether you want ass or long-term emotional satisfaction out of a relationship, it doesn't matter if you can't find anyone to even go on a date with