How much money have you lost from deciding not to invest in bitcoins that one time

Spritanium
SO I just read up on bitcoin mining

Looks like using your own PC is basically useless these days, but you can instead spend $500 on a bitcoin miner that will passively earn you about 0.16 BTC a month (approx $387 at today's rate)

This seems like a no brainer, why doesn't every single person have one of these? Is it really just because bitcoin is still relatively unknown/ahead of its time and people are basic? Or is there some real risk to something like this (beyond the fluctuation of the BTC value)?
Spritanium
I mean, even if I can't use a bitcoin fortune to pay for anything I want without cashing out, wouldn't it still be useful to have an extra $200-$500 a month for rainy days and drugs? Just one $500 payment, leave it on and it pays for itself in a couple of months. The only risk I can think of is that I'd be paying for extra electricity to run it, but when the BTC value drops I can just unplug it

I'm seriously considering this
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
If every single person did this bitcoins would be worthless
Puddin
(Jun 2, 2017 at 4:17 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I bought them from coinbase

Thanks, I'll try them. Trusting you on this one.
Spritanium
(Jun 2, 2017 at 6:57 PM)T-man Wrote: If every single person did this bitcoins would be worthless
Well yeah I realize that, I was just wondering if the reason why more people don't try is ignorance and nothing more, or if there's some greater risk that makes it a bad idea. It seems more or less equivalent to having a legal money printer around the house.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
the real question is how much money have you lost from deciding not to invest in dogecoins that one time
Agastya
wow what dogecoins are still around thats good to know i guess

remember when they used them to fund a nascar vehicle
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Aidan
(Jun 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM)Agastya Wrote: wow what dogecoins are still around thats good to know i guess

remember when they used them to fund a nascar vehicle

i think the scientific term is "car"
Agastya
but nascar has a truck division too
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pedigree
what's a bitcoin

never gave it much thought