Poll: Time-based Rally or current Rally system?

Time-based was better
0%
Time-based is better, but needs to be adjusted
50.00%
Current system is better
50.00%
Total: 4 vote(s)

Rally is still pointless without a time-based decay

Agastya
the main problem with time-based rally decay forever ago was just that it went into negatives and was impossible to keep up, time-based is fine as long as you don't dip into negatives (as we've tried in the past, it worked fairly well but ex was more of a mess then)
Agastya
basically what i gather from this thread is that

- posting without rally feels unrewarding
- keeping rally high is too easy and thus too rewarding

so having time-based decay and maybe getting slightly more out of posts and thread replies? that way the 200 to get a quick overreaction doesnt seem endlessly daunting

also i think knockback doesnt need to be totally gone, can probably reduce it to 10% so that way most of the ex is gone. knockback at 50% keeps a lot of ex in play still
Agastya
also unsure on how seasons was actually being done. were ex resets planned for every season? we've been on season 1 for ten years now
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
(Oct 3, 2017 at 8:01 PM)Agastya Wrote: also unsure on how seasons was actually being done. were ex resets planned for every season? we've been on season 1 for ten years now
we dropped the season thing because spritey was too busy to continue working on the site and a few issues with the format were found

(Oct 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also I'm totally fine with getting rid of knockback, it is also a stupid easy-mode feature that we only added to get people acclimated to the idea of spells.

If we can agree to reinstate a time-based rally decay with a new agreed-upon formula, and to remove knockback EX, I will do both of these things today
go ahead
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
i dont have any opinion on rally, but i was the one to suggest the original change because it felt like the board was too inactive. changing rally around isn't going to change that as far as I can tell.

posts should probably reward more ex yeah, esp with the inactivity. if posts are less frequent in general then spells will still be rare.

maybe we can sell these features to a popular forum and watch the chaos unfold- are there any popular forums these days lol
Mario
also i wish rally still went into the negative for high ex, no reason to hoard ex but what do i kno
EH2
tbh the only reason I was reacting negatively to this thread was because I sort of didn't see what was the issue with rally because at least for me it worked as intended

then again, I see a message board as a means to communicate instead of a game to be played based on strategy?! what?!?!

though anyway the knockback was the silliest thing in this damn place and IMO we could have kept the static rally and just gotten rid of the knockback for a much more solid metagame but then again

>metagame

Pedigree
(Oct 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also I'm totally fine with getting rid of knockback, it is also a stupid easy-mode feature that we only added to get people acclimated to the idea of spells.

If we can agree to reinstate a time-based rally decay with a new agreed-upon formula, and to remove knockback EX, I will do both of these things today
go ahead

lmao way to listen to a majority of your userbase who doesn't agree with time-based rally decay and also a shoutout to spritey's "trying not to be a dick" dick post where he basically tells anyone who doesn't embrace his (and only his) vision of the forum, as nothing more than a game that needs to be challenging, to fuck off. Guess what, you god damn geniuses? MW started as a forum and many of us came from the old forum. Don't blame us that the novelty of your "game" wore off especially since development halted altogether and a few members can't even use the forum's "game" features because the forum is shit on mobile.

If you need to make the forum shittier to make the "game" hard then yes I will shit all over this project. If I need to be logged in 24/7 and spam every thread to gain enough ex to cast the cheapest of spells just to keep rally up (like the old time rally decay), then yes I will shit all over this project.

You have become so obsessed with this "game" that you have forgotten that you need a fucking community to play it in the first place.
Draku
(Oct 4, 2017 at 4:23 AM)Pedigree Wrote: lmao way to listen to a majority of your userbase who doesn't agree with time-based rally decay
Let's see it then, poll instated.
Agastya
(Oct 3, 2017 at 8:25 PM)Mario Wrote: also i wish rally still went into the negative for high ex, no reason to hoard ex but what do i kno

i don't, i know ex is meant to be used but it feels horrible seeing a negative number next to your name

honestly i just never really liked rally too much, a topic comes up for it every few months because something that worked for a bit back then doesnt work now, and i think if we have to change it every couple of months then it just doesnt work and should be scrapped instead of trying to re-tool it another dozen times
Agastya
also i know you're passionate about this @Pedigree and i know spritey is a bit blunt but you won't get anywhere by just yelling, it hasn't worked and it'll be easier for you to debate your point of view if you step back and relax

spritey isn't satan, he's human and just as prone to error as you and i are. i know we haven't really had any beef lately outside of kg drama but that doesn't mean we need to make any
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
EH2
this topic gave me a Minus Ball in which there was a spray bottle with a "no fun" sign on it

and I'll be damned if it isn't fucking symbolic
Mario
Ok I've given the GamePlay some serious thought and read most posts in here, I will be creating a Meta thread with a new set of proposed ideas
Spritanium
Could we do a time-based decay each hour like before, but factor in the number of online users? So if fewer users are online it will decay slower?

@Mario feel free to include this in your proposal if you think it's a good idea
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Oct 4, 2017 at 6:46 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Could we do a time-based decay each hour like before, but factor in the number of online users? So if fewer users are online it will decay slower?
that sounds like a reasonable solution