Poll: Time-based Rally or current Rally system?

Time-based was better
0%
Time-based is better, but needs to be adjusted
50.00%
Current system is better
50.00%
Total: 4 vote(s)

Rally is still pointless without a time-based decay

Spritanium
You hating everything != everything is meaningless
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
what if we give more ex for posting
God
yeah it's more a less a pointless system as it stands; you basically guaranteed recuperate almost all of your EX whenever you post now.

i don't think Rally is enough to save the forum, but a good compromise would be to allow users to set their own RD rate, which proportionately affects your RG (higher RD means higher RG). that way the babbies can still have their broken system, but skilled posters still get the competitive edge they need to thrive in the Minus World
God
by RD i'm referring to the original timed rally decay, not the current per-post decay
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM)God Wrote: yeah it's more a less a pointless system as it stands; you basically guaranteed recuperate almost all of your EX whenever you post now.

i don't think Rally is enough to save the forum, but a good compromise would be to allow users to set their own RD rate, which proportionately affects your RG (higher RD means higher RG). that way the babbies can still have their broken system, but skilled posters still get the competitive edge they need to thrive in the Minus World

I miss your posts

I feel like you get The Metagame more than anyone else
Spritanium
And yeah letting people set their own RD/RG rate would be a good idea, we'd need a new formula though
Kabuto
i think we should reward isis sympathizers more we have it the hardest
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Agastya
merge the forums with discord so that every character you submit to any channel on discord decays your rally without giving you ex
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Fun With Despair
Yeah honestly, time based rally gave bursts of activity to utilize it, whereas now it's pointless basically and just sits there.

The REAL issue though is how inflated EX gain as a whole is now, because you have people like me who actually DO cast spells but constant good posts keep me at fuckin level 200. Even with the nerfed Give A Shit, it's ridiculous and I know the actual reason.

Knockback.

Knockback on top of how easy it is to gain hordes of EX (as evidenced by my shitty garrison) constantly inflates your number. Timed Rally is one thing, but everyone have stupid numbers because of knockback is another
Draku
yeah knockback is horseshit which is why ive wanted it gone for the longest time
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
(Oct 2, 2017 at 4:57 AM)Spritanium Wrote: "Oh cool I just cast a spell and got my rally up, now I'll just leave for a month and when I get back I still won't be back to 1.00x because there's hardly any activity"

i can confirm this is exactly how it works
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2017 at 5:44 AM)EH2 Wrote: You say that if rally decayed with time people would know to seize it while it's there, but then I think to myself and realize that if rally decayed with time I wouldn't even bother trying to get it over 1x because there's less incentive to have a rally if it expires on its own.

I think I missed responding to this before

It doesn't matter if there's incentive to have rally, you either want to cast spells or you don't. Rally is supposed to just let you recoup a small portion of the EX you spent on a spell. It CAN work as an incentive to cast spells, but if you don't want to raise it then you wouldn't have to, because you wouldn't have any reason to

Again I compare it to the mega mushroom from NSMB; it makes the game easier and more rewarding for that small slice of time, which is what makes it fun. If it worked like any other powerup, or if it lasted indefinitely until you got a certain number of points, it would just be annoying and feel like a cheat.

I just think the main problem is that many people don't see rally as a bonus; they see it as something to collect and keep high. It upsets them to see it go down. But, like I believe I said before, getting 1EX for doing an action that is supposed to reward 1EX shouldn't be a bummer, it should be expected.

I haven't cast any spells since yesterday so there is just no reason in hell I shouldn't be back to 1.00x already, but I'm at 3.58x as I make this post, which is just crazy. It's not unfair to have your bonus decay based on time; what's unfair is that people with the EX to spend on spells can just gain the full cost back with little to no effort. This creates a divide between users who cast spells and users who don't, which if you think about it, was basically the opposite of what rally was meant to accomplish

The current mechanic undermines competition and mistakes "fairness" with artificially reimbursing players for currency they spent. It removes the entire challenge behind gaining EX and instead rewards you indefinitely for fucking with peoples' posts. Before it was a give-and-take system, you had to make strategic decisions based on how much you were willing to spend & how confident you were that you could recoup your losses. Now it's just a "take" system. You cast a spell, then you gain all the EX back in no time. I don't even have to check how much EX I have before casting a spell, because I constantly know I'll have enough without trying. I don't understand why only like 3-4 people notice how much this sucks.
Spritanium
Also I'd like to demonstrate the fallacy of people thinking a lack of activity is to blame for rally sucking, or that the current system is somehow better for activity. Consider this flow, let's call it Flow 1:

1. User casts a spell and their rally increases from 1x to 2x (for example)
2. User logs out for a month
3. User logs back in and one of two things have happened:
A. Their rally has lowered and they've recouped the cost they spent on the spell in #1, without trying or posting anything new.
B. They haven't received very many reactions or EX in their absence, so their rally is just the same as a month ago, meaning they can start to post again and recoup their losses with absolutely no penalty for remaining inactive for the past month.
Result: Effortless net EX gain with no challenge or incentive

Compared to the old system, let's call it Flow 2:

1. User casts a spell and their rally increases from 1x to 2x.
2. User logs out for a month
3. User logs back in and their EX is more or less where they left it, while their Rally is back to 1x. Oh shit, guess User should've taken advantage of their limited time bonus to recoup some of their losses.
Result: Challenging EX gain that only happens if you actually try and don't fuck off the board for a month. PLUS an incentive to contribute new content, since even if nobody else is online, you'll still be gaining EX at an increased rate just for creating threads/posts for people to look at later.

Flow 1 rewards inactivity, Flow 2 penalizes it

We are giving people a pat on the back for not contributing to the forum or even logging in, lmao

While we're at it we should write a letter to nintendo demanding that they equip mario with a coin magnet at all times, because god damn it, having to try in order to win is not fair
Dude
the core """""game""""" is pointless so rally fits perfectly
i've had a harder time playing cookie clicker than gathering ex and that's the only fucking thing you can do on this forum that's anything close to a game
Spritanium
Also I'm totally fine with getting rid of knockback, it is also a stupid easy-mode feature that we only added to get people acclimated to the idea of spells.

If we can agree to reinstate a time-based rally decay with a new agreed-upon formula, and to remove knockback EX, I will do both of these things today
Spritanium
(Oct 3, 2017 at 7:13 PM)Dude Wrote: i've had a harder time playing cookie clicker than gathering ex

Holy shit this is my entire problem that I've been spending 3 pages trying to get through to you people. This thread is even more frustrating than arguing with republicans, congratulations on an accomplishment that I didn't even think was humanly possible
Dude

>one of the many things

spells are pointless except for feeding
thanks for more free ex that i don't fucking need, wow my number's so much bigger i feel accomplished
Spritanium
I hate to be a dick but I just can't get behind everyone either wanting MW easymode or just shitting all over the whole project because they wish it was just mfgg with swear words. I realize I haven't developed it in awhile but I'm going to make that indefinite if we don't make the game harder. It just isn't fun anymore. Like it's my goddamn fault I was forced to get rid of a great mechanic and file down the edges so people can have super high numbers that make them feel good
Spritanium
(Oct 3, 2017 at 7:27 PM)Dude Wrote: >one of the many things
spells are pointless except for feeding
thanks for more free ex that i don't fucking need, wow my number's so much bigger i feel accomplished

You are an asshole
Dude
(Oct 3, 2017 at 7:29 PM)Spritanium Wrote: You are an asshole
thanks you too

i'd agree on "it should be harder" but the "game" has no reason to exist or to be "played" in its current state
most forums have an ex system it's called a public post count, ex has no purpose, hell with the current spell system it should cap at fucking level 50 at most