MiniPup
games are objectively poorly designed when they don't cater to my specific interest, and the game designer should be murdered for his sins
i know when stuff is poorly designed because im a g a m e r
Yrrzy
unpopular opinion

Getting Over It is a well-designed game
Fun With Despair
(Jan 22, 2018 at 9:25 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: unpopular opinion

Getting Over It is a well-designed game
Considering the aim of the game is to sort of piss you off until you master the physics and controls, it does execute it's concept well and I will agree.

Getting Over It would be a HORRIBLY designed game if basically any other concept had its control scheme though.
Yrrzy
(Jan 22, 2018 at 9:50 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: Considering the aim of the game is to sort of piss you off until you master the physics and controls, it does execute it's concept well and I will agree.

Getting Over It would be a HORRIBLY designed game if basically any other concept had its control scheme though.

oh, for sure, lol
Turb
[Image: oAQveEP.jpg]
fantanoice
Character creators where all the options are male can fuck right off
Stargazing
(Jan 16, 2018 at 4:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also underwater levels are bad game design. I've never played a single one I enjoyed. It's like "hmm how can we take these competent game physics and fuck them up so it's a chore to get where you need to be"
there is one water level in sonic lost world i can't beat. i had to give the game up. i've found water levels to either be bearable or pure garbage, and most of them are the latter.
what the h*ck is this?????
Spritanium
Playing through gen 7 of pokemon now and I have more examples of bad game design

- Upgrading your visual style is fine, but don't add extra animations to every single damn thing so it takes longer to do anything at all

- Don't have a team of people spend countless hours creating over 800 beautiful 3d models if you're going to texture them with low-res pixelated textures that make me think something is wrong with my 3ds

- Don't make me go to school in a pokemon game

I'm excited for gen 8 because I think the switch will actually have the capabilities to make this visual style not look like ass
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Mar 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm excited for gen 8 because I think the switch will actually have the capabilities to make this visual style not look like ass
This is still GameFreak we're talking about here.
DrTapeworm
[Image: oex1Ls1.jpg]
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Pedigree
Can I just drop the Battletoads jetski sections here?
ProtoTroid-13
(Jun 6, 2018 at 12:54 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Can I just drop the Battletoads jetski sections here?

I feel like Battletoads in general should go here, simply because it's poor design to make a game so ungodly difficult in general, not just those awful sections.

There's making something difficult, than there's making something because you hate your customers.
Aidan
(Mar 13, 2018 at 9:11 PM)B-man Wrote:
(Mar 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm excited for gen 8 because I think the switch will actually have the capabilities to make this visual style not look like ass
This is still GameFreak we're talking about here.
t-man's pattern recognition is second to none