New "No Fun Allowed" mode unlocked for Spells

Spritanium
For the record I totally agree with you, and would recommend that people not post in Spell World if they don't like Spells

I think allowing Sweet Only in the Art and Help boards is a good idea, but other restrictions just put a damper on things

I'm mainly echoing Draku and Elyk's sentiments
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
@"Yrr" you seem to be the only one who rly wants this so what do you think
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
We should just plant an underground "spell cheats" thread that teaches people how to circumvent spells with the browser console
kaZaam
LMAO i was thinking that actual cheats would be a cool idea but they should def be secret
rtsmarty
(Sep 5, 2016 at 6:49 PM)Spritanium Wrote: We should just plant an underground "spell cheats" thread that teaches people how to circumvent spells with the browser console

make a variable called GameShark that can be accessed from the console
Spritanium
That'd be funny. Generate some random code in the console, and if they paste it into an input they remove all Spells from the page until the next refresh

It's just convoluted enough to be fair
Draku
(Sep 5, 2016 at 11:35 AM)Yrr Wrote: is there no way to only hide the post obscuring ones cause some of them are harmless
That's not any fun at all though. In order to get the benefits you have to take the downsides, that's the point of the metagame. If Salty spells are making you salty they're doing their job.

Arts and Help should have Sweet only because of the nature of those boards, but elsewhere it'd screw with the whole idea of having spells in the first place.

I think our current options of opting out of playing and opting out of seeing them at all are just fine and cover most use cases.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
oh that's an idea. a clairvoyant class that can view posts unhindered but has some other form of drawback is a way to include that without it being incredibly boring
kaZaam
ya sounds cool
Yrrzy
drawback could easily be "cant cast"

entirely a passive role
kaZaam
its still a perk tho considering you're The Unaffected and not spellcasting is a kind of active playstyle too. i don't have a problem w it being a thing, it just shouldn't be just a thing in the cp. def should be a class perk or something like that
Draku
(Sep 5, 2016 at 9:59 PM)Yrr Wrote: drawback could easily be "cant cast"

entirely a passive role

yrr trying to GAME THE SYSTEM with PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTACKS over here
Elyk
If you're opting out of the metagame then it doesn't matter if you have "an advantage" over others, does it?
kaZaam
spell protection isn't opting out tho. the other option's for that
Yrrzy
(Sep 5, 2016 at 11:04 PM)Kazaam Wrote: spell protection isn't opting out tho. the other option's for that

i mean theyd still be able to receive spells they'd just see through the obfuscating ones themselves
kaZaam
yeah that's so a cheat. cheats are a neat idea but cmon be honest
kaZaam
you gotta take the negative dynamic of spells along w the positive. else just turn em off. dont break the system because the thing that's supposed to annoy you is annoying you.
Yrrzy
eh tbh im just considering leaving cause this clearly isnt the site i wanted it to be
kaZaam
i don't want you or anyone to leave & it fuckin sucks that you feel that way. i want this site to be fun & interesting but above all i want the focus to be the community & i don't want anyone to feel that the former overpowers the latter.

if it came across like i was trying to shame you off the site then i didn't mean that and i'm sorry