sealelement
(Jul 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM)Agastya Wrote: i'm mad that they're wiping the pokedex but still bringing fucking tyranitar and ferrothorn back. fucking cowards. snap those bastards too. we can live without sand for a generation

i didnt even realize this holy shit. what if game freak is only bringing back old pokemon that were in OU in sun and moon???? Despairblown
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
i don't understand how games like gmod can exist with "we fucked up importing the models" being seen as anything other than incompetence, obviously these scenarios aren't 1:1 but come on
Mario
(Aug 4, 2019 at 12:27 PM)T-man Wrote: i don't understand how games like gmod can exist with "we fucked up importing the models" being seen as anything other than incompetence, obviously these scenarios aren't 1:1 but come on

It's just bizarre considering theyre most likely running the same engine and everything. Maybe the current people working on them aren't great at dealing with 3d models or whatever, but I'm sure if they needed help they could get some considering the massive scale of this franchise.
Spritanium
That's what really bugs me about this whole situation; all the defense is coming from people who don't have the slightest idea of how game development works. I mean take a second to think about what a 3D model actually is; it's an array of points connected by polygons. These models were built 6 years ago for the express purpose of avoiding the exact scenario that is happening right now. There is no way in hell that importing them to a Switch game is impossibly complicated enough to necessitate a complete redo.

I'm beyond sick of these developers being treated like they're working on anything less than the most profitable media franchise of all time. Yeah, no shit, it takes a lot of resources to make a few thousand good-looking 3D animations. My recommended solution would be to go ahead and dip into your infinite pool of billions of dollars in order to GET those resources.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
nah ive definitely heard people in game dev, etc. defend them. idk i dont really get it. youd think they'd want big projects to have hard problems as something to work towards in your career or something not defend them fucking up what seems like its something they absolutely should have figured out