Spritanium
Yeah right now we're proving people wrong and fixing the old reputation. I believe if we keep creating Good Sh*t and never stop improving, we'll find our footing
[Image: supercorrect.png]
MiniPup
(Sep 18, 2016 at 5:26 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: I think if we just show off all the fun stuff and cool sh*t that we do on here, people will wanna join.

It's hard to pitch forums to friends tbh because everything is all IMs and what not now. But I will persist.

yeah IMs or social media. When friends are already on Facebook / Twitter / Reddit / Skype, its difficult to pitch the idea of signing up for a forum.
Spritanium
We just need an easily digestible video showing people what MW is about. Footage of all the new features showing why we're different than regular forums
[Image: supercorrect.png]
AWFADragNaut
Problem is, with social media taking a huge rise in recent history forums such as ours are becoming an incredibly niche part of the internet because it is evolving. Constantly. It's an age where the majority of your internet friends are now more than likely the same group of people you see day in and day out. 10 years ago if you wanted a community focused on a single subject you could find a forum or make one; exactly how I found MFGG. For any interest at all, it exists. Larger websites such as Facebook and reddit to an extent, all have their own larger forums which can be split up to smaller forums (groups, subreddits, etc.) which effectively replaces forums such as ours because there is no need for it. Reddit has a community for EVERYTHING which defeats the purpose of forums, and Facebook has such a huge userbase and is used so regularly that not much is required to find or set up a small community.

The reason I find myself coming back and returning to forums is because not only is it my first interaction with other people on the internet, but because places like this have a sense of community that is so tightly knit which is difficult to achieve on much larger websites. Sure, you might see the same names or usernames, and I don't quite know how to describe what I'm trying to say but I infinitely prefer a community like this one than anything a subreddit can try and achieve.

Or I could be talking complete shite, I don't claim to know what I'm talking about

(Sep 18, 2016 at 5:22 PM)wtl Wrote: atm I think we should focus on bringing back Old Blood. im sure people have enough connections (even loose ones) where we could bring in enough people who may have felt like they were burned by minus world in the past, or just got bored of it, and be impressed and maybe even want to help out. im sure Old Blood could lead to them bringing in other web friends theyve made and thus get us some New Blood. from there hopefully we'll have enough creative input to come up with some good Marketing Strategies

Right now i'd wager this is easily the most logical plan. I mean, this is also exactly how I returned funnily enough.
MSO
sometimes its good to have a small tightly knit community so things dont get too out of control
CHESHIRE ☯
Skulls

We are the last blood sacrifice.
GRIMglamfire
wow you guys are really still posting about this
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
God
Quote:without Blood the beast will starve

Quote:atm I think we should focus on bringing back Old Blood.

Fear the Old Blood.
God
also tbf everyone hates facbeook so its only a mattress of time until people start rediscovering places like Minus WOrld
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
CHESHIRE ☯
(Sep 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
Quote:without Blood the beast will starve

Quote:atm I think we should focus on bringing back Old Blood.

Fear the Old Blood.

If anything most of us ARE the Old Blood.
GRIMglamfire
i literally never posted here you dumbass
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]