[Day 9 - Investigation] - Stolen Secrets

Spooks?
[Image: nfBXHO0.png]

Ahahahaha! I see that my offer was of the tempting nature! Yes, Hank of the Hills has met his end at long last! You know, I included him in incentive only because I really, really did not want him to be becoming a Crimson Eye. He brings no notable skills to group, and propane tanks are not very expensive to begin with so infinite supply is having no value to me.

Is there really not anything more important at hand? Anything particularly relevant you want to bring up regarding the Lazarin mission?

Oh yes, and also Lazarin Vault has been opened and sample has been obtained by agent. But more importantly, crap repairman is dead. Let me bask in win for once, you are just wanting to brag about DK West again.

[Image: TA0USVR.png]

But of course, he was an instrumental part in carrying out the mission. Without him, where would we be? Once again, to think that you mocked the idea of sending a few more men in at first. My Yakuza are the only reason we got anywhere.

Yes, yes whatever. We are getting it. DK West, he is man and also is best. We know. Without Bigfoot, entire team would not be anywhere anyway. He is coat-tail rider!

...I also see that one of you tried to destroy the AI Control Room. It was a quaint effort, but I'm afraid it was far too late. Our AI has already spread throughout the building at large. All you've done is... complicate the next step of things somewhat.

[Image: Mfp1nn4.gif]

Yes, it will be... no matter. Certainly so. And before we leave you to your fates for the evening... You may have your psychologist back. He is being kept in the room behind the vending machine on B1F. You may rescue him if you wish, we no longer have use for him.

I must say, some of you are being more of a thorn in our sides than expected, even despite this victory. Hm. Nonetheless, the motive will be honored. An offer will be extended to the killer at the end of the trial, even if the selected target of the kill was... less than optimal. If I could do so, I would ensure that this is the last time Zhukov will be allowed to vote on such matters. Seiko is at least capable of rational thought.

Hank Hill... What a waste of my time.

The Lazarin Vault has been opened. The Crimson Eye have obtained the Lazarin Sample. Should the Crimson Eye deliver the sample tomorrow night, they will win the game.

[Image: HWnGCeu.png]

[Image: 9SQw4yi.png]

@Hank Hill has been found dead on top of the North Elevator. He lying on the elevator roof, and he has been completely decapitated. His role was the Ultimate Groundskeeper, with the following traits and abilties:

role description:

Additionally, @Jack of Spades has been found dead in the B2F hallway. Her head was seemingly blown up through unknown means, gore splattered around the hall. She was a Walking Corpse, and does not get a trail. You can still investigate her murder if you wish.

[Image: MXfPl6w.png]

So, I failed huh?

...Well, I should have expected as much I guess. It was a lost cause, wasn't it? All along, the Crimson Eye had the upper hand. I should have known I couldn't handle five Crimsons at once. Even with everyone here, I couldn't stop it.

[Image: 5VXRC56.png]

Well, I guess it's not too late. Someone destroyed their AI Control, and well... maybe it'll give us an upper hand after all against all this. They sounded pretty unsure of themselves, I guess. Maybe there's a chance. I know who the Crimson Eye are now though, or at least their last member. Sure enough DK West went rotten. Should've tried to take him out ear-

[Image: 0ncwugp.png]

So! This is how everything went in the end, how wonderfully expected. All my guests busy trying to waste their time trying to get rid of me to ignore the real threat, of course. How excellent. You always did have dog shit priorities in the end. Wasting all your time on the first floor instead of the floor with the actual fucking vault, real smart for a bunch of "Crimbo Hunters", aren't you?

[Image: 1not9Uh.png]

And despite that... I couldn't kill a single one of you. You're craftier than I gave you credit for, all of you. But you all fucked up, bad. Whatever the Crimson Eye ends up inflicting on you... I'm out of the game now. I've been "executed". They can't do shit to me. You dug your own graves, and I'm free to fill in the hole afterwards and leave you to rot.

[Image: HswfUMf.png]

Like you're one to talk. You were so busy on your stupid revenge quest that you didn't even guard your own vault! You're not allowed to complain worth shit. If it wasn't for myself and a few others, you would have lost a long time ago.

[Image: IOITi4Z.png]

Oh, aren't you listening? I don't care about the Crimson Eye anymore. I'm free to do what I want now. A few of you have had the pleasure of witnessing what I can really do, and whether the Crimson Eye get away with the sample or not, I'll make you pay. You, Wexlyn, and even that moron Hawke. We all could have just worked together, I made my sacrifices, everyone else could make theirs. Nadare could have saved the world, but instead you prioritized your own feelings over the needs of the many.

A mistake I made years ago, but vowed to never make again.

[Image: PNiA8rA.png]

Aw shit, did someone seriously kill Jack AFTER she let me out of jail and agreed to help us? Maybe I'm startin' to get why Pierce is so fucking mad...

[Image: DW9Qonh.png][Image: u3FjnNh.png]

...But I'm not a moron, come on. I'm actually working on something, something that might help us out at least a little bit. I'm done being a drunk-ass prisoner in more ways than one. I'll figure this out. Maybe. It's not a murder plan like Wexlyn or anything, but just a top secret proje-

Is it really a top secret project if you're talking about it out in the open? Sounds more like a not-secret project to me. Really subtle there.

[Image: 6ffBBwh.png][Image: JnlFILz.png]

Hey! Don't talk shit to me, you brought that Yakuza guy back from the dead, if those "Crimbos" end up beating my ass, I'm blaming you for that one. If you were gonna become a student of the dark arts, you couldn't have picked, I dunno, The Drifter or something? Or that guy who played roulette? You picked the one guy who was actually 100% confirmed evil?

When everything's this messed up, being neutral pays off, what can I say? No one's tried to kill me yet, and now Hank's dead too. Seems like everything's coming up Luna to me.

[Image: AU0r0Yh.png][Image: 2QQLSZG.png]

Is that your confession then? Ha! Mystery solved, baby. I must be an ace detective when I'm sober, because I already got this one in the bag.

Yeah, don't count on it. I've tried to kill Hank like five times by now, I'd have to be an idiot to try to do it again on the night with a big flashing neon KILL HANK sign.

[Image: NlTcLP7.png]

Or is that just what you want me to think...?

case files:
-Hank Hill is lying decapitated on the top of the North Elevator
-His clothes around his neck are extremely bloody
-His head is nowhere to be seen
-The AI Control Room has been blown up
-The Lazarin Vault has been opened
-A broken crate sites outside
-A fake door lies in the snow outside the Outdoor Storage
-Many tanks of propane are missing
-Jack of Spades has had her robot parts replaced with human parts again
-She has no injuries beyond her exploded head
-She is lying directly outside the Morgue

other information:
-A hideous FLESH BEAST roams the halls of B2F
-Garth Marenghi's body has been burned to a crisp
-Sugar's body is missing from 1F
-The Security Office's Holding Cell door has been bent open
-Dr. Wexlyn is tied up in the secret room behind the vending machine. Free Him.

[Image: ioIYiTI.png]

[Image: mWSAIVx.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: v4HUrKP.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: MtI8sLM.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: fDdRtvA.png]

room descriptions:

CURRENT PLAYERS

STAFF:
@Faust
@Chiaki Nanami

PATIENTS:
@ASMR Youtuber
@Rio Ranger

EXPERIMENTS:
@Nemesis
@Deathborn
@Dark Souls II
@°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
@Mr Waltar Whité

NPCs:
@Dr. Morgan Pierce
@Dr. Jim Hawke
@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
@Nurse Luna Wayne
@Agent Liz Grayson

OTHER:
@DK West

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end July20th at 8 PM PST.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.
Rio Ranger
FREE HIM FROM THE SECRET ROOM
Deathborn
Hmm. I see nothing of value was lost.

Investigate the corpse and inventory, anyway.

Also, ask Liz who the last Eye is.
Dark Souls II
FREE WEXLYN AND GIVE HIM A HUG
DK West
DK West ain't rotten babe, this Void junk's got my body preserved nice and fresh.
Maitre D'eath
Medical logs, as always, will be collated in this post. However... let me take this time to say this;

This is merely an attempt on my behalf to help organize an already chaotic and disorderly group of investigators. Not just an excuse for them to be lazy. Therefore I'm putting down my own little motive tonight.

[Image: iCEccjy.png?dateline=1618108323]
Post your own account tonight, or suffer my curse.

...Of course, feel free to post a temporary one, as you have been doing. Just get around to a "proper" one in thread.

WALTAR SEANCE:

WALTAR'S SEANCE J4CK EDITION:

NEMESIS TESTIMONY:

RIO RANGER TESTIMONY:
Nemesis
What's this DVD I saw in the Vault?
Dark Souls II
check near the elevator shaft and see if i see hank's head
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:14 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: FREE HIM FROM THE SECRET ROOM

(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:18 AM)Dark Souls II Wrote: FREE WEXLYN AND GIVE HIM A HUG

You open the door behind the vending machine to find Dr. Wexlyn tied up behind the desk where Lynn's laptop sat. You crouch down next to him and untie him, giving him a hug. He looks surprised, but hugs you in return eventually after the shock wears off.

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

Thanks. For saving me, I mean.

I know I fucked up. I... probably shouldn't have done what I did. It went against pretty much everything I kept telling everyone, huh? I'm sorry for inadvertently causing Pierce to come after you too. I'm just glad you're okay, despite all that.

[Image: QnNVUZq.png]

Looks like it didn't do anything to stop the game though. Sorry about that too.

[Image: SSyjMS6.png]

But it's not over yet. We've just traded one villain for three more. Maybe we ought to just... blow the reactor after all and pray it all works out? I don't know anymore, but I can't give up now, not with blood on my hands.
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:16 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Hmm. I see nothing of value was lost.

Investigate the corpse and inventory, anyway.

Also, ask Liz who the last Eye is.
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:40 AM)Dark Souls II Wrote: check near the elevator shaft and see if i see hank's head
You investigate Hank Hill and his inventory. Yeah, he ain't got much on him. Just his clothes, looks like. Nothing really interesting there. Either he was looted or he just didn't hoard shit all night like all you other morons.

His head is nowhere to be found though. Not in the shaft, and not on top of the elevator.

Next, you ask Liz who the final Crimson Eye is.

[Image: jOB1oCR.png]

Yeah, surprise surprise. It's fucking Nemesis.
Chiaki Nanami
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:12 AM)Monokuma Wrote:

Oh, aren't you listening? I don't care about the Crimson Eye anymore. I'm free to do what I want now.

[Image: UIMimB8.png]
...What made you wait until now to do this, then? It seems that your plan B would have worked out better from the beginning.
Deathborn
Tonight, I awoke with big plans for the night. Arising, I immediately set upon heading upstairs. I first emerged into the Lobby, passing by the corpse of Sugar and seeing Faust drag her away. I then headed to the Cable Car station, awaiting my eternal archnemesis, the mummy. With a quick strike, I sent him plummeting to his demise.

I don't see why Cirno was so scared of this.

I then headed outside to the Shed, whereupon I saw the ASMR Youtuber, Luna, and a strange copy of Wexlyn meditating in the courtyard. Good for them, I suppose. When I entered Outdoor Storage, I saw Hank, and I pushed past the fool to take the propane and throw it into the river for easy transport. As I left, I saw Pierce and the Devastator attack the meditation circle, Pierce shooting the fake Wexlyn and the Devastator blasting the rooftop.

I considered talking to her, but she seemed to be busy. It would have been rude to interrupt.

As Luna ran into equipment, I used the rope previously set up to ride the river down to B3F, saving me some time. I talked with Liz while setting up the propane tanks around AI Control, then went upstairs to the dorm. Retrieving my bomb from where I had set it, I brought it downstairs to the AI Control, placed it, and unleashed the might of the XW Boltreaver.

B3F is... very likely ruined. I don't know how much effect this will have, but perhaps it will have something? Regardless, that was when Nemesis made his move. Deciding to evacuate for the night and abandoning my original plans for B3F, I returned upstairs and to the experiment dorm, where I returned to my slumber for the night.

Investigate the ruined AI Control.

See if the Reactor is accessible, and what can be gleaned from it.

See how Monokuma is doing.

Ask Pierce, very nicely, if she'd like to give us her account for the night, as a favor to me personally.
Faust
I don't think I need to here, but I'd like to do an autopsy on our two victims of the night.

also, like in the demonstration during the night, I'd like to demonstrate my butthurt

I'd also like to investigate the entire vault
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:59 AM)Chiaki Nanami Wrote:
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:12 AM)Monokuma Wrote:

Oh, aren't you listening? I don't care about the Crimson Eye anymore. I'm free to do what I want now.

[Image: UIMimB8.png]
...What made you wait until now to do this, then? It seems that your plan B would have worked out better from the beginning.

[Image: 1not9Uh.png]

...Spoken like someone who's never tried for anything in their life. I thought better of you. "Plan A" keeps Lazarin sealed away from the world, prevents more people falling victim to its promises. "Plan B" on the other hand dooms the world to a repeat of what happened a decade ago, on an even larger scale in the hands of a criminal organization.

But the world hasn't exactly been doing much for me lately, now has it?
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 5:21 AM)Faust Wrote: I don't think I need to here, but I'd like to do an autopsy on our two victims of the night.

also, like in the demonstration during the night, I'd like to demonstrate my butthurt

I'd also like to investigate the entire vault
You perform an autopsy on Hank Hill, but you don't find anything wrong with his body in terms of physical injuries. From his skin tone and weakened muscles however, you can tell that he was most likely concussed during the night, perhaps even several times throughout. His neck is indeed consistent with the means of death that Waltar described in his seance.

You check Jack of Spades next. Her body itself is in good shape, causing you to stop the autopsy and pat yourself on the back obnoxiously. Good work, champ. Quality surgery. You take a seat, then suddenly leap up, howling in pain like a Looney Tunes character, grabbing your ass. Yeah, you're butthurt.

You decide to get back to work, ignoring the sharp pain in your behind. Her head appears to have been struck by some kind of heat ray or laser weapon from above at a diagonal angle. Her neck stump is seared quite heavily, but you cannot tell anything from her body itself. Despite being in good condition, she has been dead for quite a while and black ooze is running through her veins. She isn't quite the same.

Still rubbing your ass, you walk to the Lazarin Vault and check the interior. It's a large white room, with a pedestal in the center, now containing nothing. A DVD that will eventually get looked at is sitting in here as well, close to the pedestal that you guess probably held the Lazarin sample.

(Jul 19, 2021 at 5:14 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Investigate the ruined AI Control.

See if the Reactor is accessible, and what can be gleaned from it.

See how Monokuma is doing.

Ask Pierce, very nicely, if she'd like to give us her account for the night, as a favor to me personally.
You investigate the AI Control room. It's in really bad shape. Twisted metal structures, debris, broken displays, and a small, shattered black-and-white USB drive are about all you can find in this room. It's still on fire in places even. You leave before the smoke makes you feel sick.

Speaking of AI, you decide to go find Monokuma. He's... not doing. Despite the Killing Game still being active, Monokuma himself no longer has any kind of artificial intelligence after the AI Control got blown. You suppose he could still be remote controlled for executions though. While you examine him, you see Dr. Pierce, and ask her if she can give her account. She stares at you for a while, and that replies that she will consider it.

She walks away, the Crimson Devastator clanking along menacingly beside her.

Next, you walk out to the Reactor. With your collective highest e-Pass level, you manage to get in just fine. You walk onto a metal platform along the edge of a yawning hole. When you approach the railing and look around, you see a vast array of pipes lining the walls and snaking downwards into the darkness. At the edge of the platform is a ladder, descending deeper than you can see.
Deathborn
Well, I might as well try going down the ladder.

B4F REAL [Image: 816528996367335430.gif?v=1]
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 6:08 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Well, I might as well try going down the ladder.

B4F REAL [Image: 816528996367335430.gif?v=1]
You descend down the ladder.

At the bottom, you find yourself in... more of a cavern than a room. Directly below the facility in the depths of the mountain looms a colossal machine, turbines chugging away as the pipes feed them water from the river above. Vents rise upward through the cavern roof presumably to the place further up the mountain where the Nadare model in the History Hall indicates that the Geothermal Reactor vents itself through. The noise is deafening.

You are in a small, railed-off area with a control panel and two slots. They seem to match the shutdown key found on Sugar's body.
Deathborn
Look for the top secret entrance to B5F.
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 6:15 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Look for the top secret entrance to B5F.
You look around for the secret entrance to B5F. Not seeing any obvious places, you lean over the railing. Ah, of course. It must be further down. You jump over the edge, and sail downwards, splattering yourself on an array of pipes below after reaching terminal velocity.

Faust shakes you out of your nightmare, pulling you back from the rail. You shake your head, trying to dispel a weird foggy feeling. All that bombing must have gotten to you, you're falling asleep on the job.
DK West
Ewah, where's Hank's head hanging out, anyway?
How about we check out the elevator shaft and the elevator lobbies?
Look for any blood splatter too, especially on the doors and the elevator itself.
Heads don't just vanish, get me?